1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden, new season leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SORF, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Watching another playoff season of Harden failing to beat teams with multiple MVP candidates is not a solution any logical fan would want.

Harden wants more talent and so do I. When you have options and you’ve given your organization years of MVP play, there’s no shame in saying: show me you can do Anything before I put in another Herculean effort.

pointless team. they will sag off Wall, toast boogie outside and wood inside. We ain’t got it. Better to trade him than to make believe this is just a chemistry issue.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jokic is putting up John Stockton like numbers!

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Without flopping too.

RKREBORN, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Beard leading the league with all those cheap assists? How does he do it?

Patience, saleem, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Where is the live update on his MVP chance now according to that MVP tracker?

6. fattz

fattz Member

Okay Brown, Green or Grant. In less than 90 days, Stone did this with two super max contracts and also netted two FRPs in the process. One came from a disgruntled super max contract that was moved for personal reasons. (He got value in a very limited market) He also hired a really promising younger coach, too. Plus he stays in the background not making himself the center of attention. Do we really miss Morey? I am more than impressed with Stone as of this moment. (What he does/doesn’t with Harden we mark his career)

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

11.3 is a lot higher than 1.3, what do you mean slightly?

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

What's Giannis got to say about all of this?

D-rock likes this.
  9. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Big man is skilled up. His game is very interesting, and unique to say the least.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

The rocket will be + per if harden is the facilitator taking on that magic role is exactly the right way to play. I mean he been a scorer for years, i do like this new approach, get your team involved. I hope James can keep it going.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha

[​IMG]

saleem likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

But he is not playing Luka role in Silas system right now, which is the point.

13. dmoneybangbang

Dishing and swishing... I think the Rockets maximize their team when Harden is leading the league in assists like his first season with MDA.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Harden era has passed. Tillman has moved on from Morey and they should trade James and reboot the roster

15. SORF

SORF Member

Sorry typo...should be 11.3

16. SORF

SORF Member

#36 SORF, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

M
    V
    P

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yes, Harden has played that way in previous seasons, and have been able to deliver quite a lot of victories at least in the regular season.

This season, Harden is no longer playing that role, and the team is suffering for it. Nobody else can play the Harden role better than Harden.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I’m not ready to say the team is suffering for it. It’s only been a handful of games and they’re still feeling each other out. We really looked good last night, even though it was against a bad team I think it bodes well for the future. I think if they can perfect that style of offense that allows everyone to get involved, it’ll do wonders for the playoffs. I think will know more after 25 or 30 games.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

Fair enough, we're not dire, but that's not really what I said when I said "suffering".

Nothing we can't climb out of yet, but, again, this is a shortened season.