1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mac Needs To Start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 9, 2021.

1. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

No.

We just need to bench house. He’s not a starter. I’ve come to my conclusion this season (albeit a small case sample).

This was hi chance to come out strong after his fiasco during the bubble. But he’s looking like the same player as before. Need to give nwaba the start until house decided to step it up.

2. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

kinda agree Harden needs a shooter on the court with him to open up the floor Nwaba plays good defense but can't shoot for ****

3. pass_to_Hakeem

Man I been saying this since last year. HOU don’t even need House. I don’t want him cutting into BMac or Nwaba or Brown’s mins. He is expendable now

4. kennysmith

kennysmith Member

#24 kennysmith, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    hakeem94 and groovemachine like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

When @ashleyem is the only one liking your post, you know your idea is built on a shaky AF foundation.

D-rock likes this.
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

More likely, McLemore is the replacement for EGo (when we trade him) as the first guy off the bench.

Wall
    McLemore
    House
    Tate
    Cousins

D-rock likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Mclemore is 6’3 & too damn small to help in the front court.

D-rock likes this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

House is in need of some kind of a humbling moment.

I don't care about House/McLemore going in and out of the starting lineup to straighten him up a bit. If I'm Silas, I fix House up so he doesn't impact a shortened season worse than he already has.

It's not smart to screw this season up. If I'm Silas, and I see a player who is supposed to be there to hit 3s and he can't hit one after attempting 3 of them, I take him out of the lineup. These guys need to come into the gym hangry.

#28 s3ts, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    D-rock and ashleyem like this.
  9. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Agree that Nwaba can’t shoot anything but layups/dunks. Don’t think I’ve seen him make one shot this year from the outside. Heckuva defender though.

10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Fair point....definitely would like more heighth. I would be fine with Tate, but he is only 6’4. It shouldn’t be hard to find someone better than House.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Especially as a defender.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

BMac can be a starter if Wall needs to sit out AND after EGo is traded for a starting wing over 6'7.

13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I normally would prefer getting his boost off the bench, but this team has struggled early in games and is a different team when they start off well.

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he will be fit for this game, but it seems he might miss it. I wanted Gerald over Bruno, but management didn't make this move. Gerald would have given us shooting with an attitude. Bruno is too soft, mentally and physically. Stone should move him for a future second round pick.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I agree that Nwaba and House are underperforming. I think the solution should be pushing Nwaba out of the lineup though not necessarily starting Ben. I think we should start Sterling Brown at the 3. The starting SF on this team needs to be a low maintenance 3 and D guy - a spot up shooter, that can defend 1-3. I would keep Ben as the backup SG and have House as the backup SF.

I think Ben is great next to Harden/Wall on offense but terrible for the defense. I think Nwaba is good next to Harden/Wall on defense but terrible for the offense, everything just locks up after they create and open shot that he or Tucker can't make.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Nah. I like the idea of Mac and Gordon providing offense with the second team along with Tate and Boogie boosting the D.

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Wood and Cousins need to be paired together

Imanimal likes this.
  18. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

He's perfect where he is in that second unit. lets not get carried away, we need more than just longrange shooting at the starting 3spot.

19. hahachui

hahachui Member

Until Ben can play better D. He is playing dleague level defence

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

No way. Bring him off the bench so he doesn't have to necessarily guard the best players on the other them. Having him knock down multiple 3s during the middle of the game energizes you and deflates the other team - now their coach is scrambling to get his starters back in to stop a run. Raining 3s has a psychological effect.