1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 1/8/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Agreed couldnt have said it better.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Wood with 22+15 in 3 quarters. Dude has great potential!

dragonwill, Plowman, bmelo and 3 others like this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Hope Lakers can have full team for Houston testing. Sign back Michael Beasley and Gerald Green can fix all problems

ashleyem and Fantasma Negro like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

What's BS is you forgot that amazing small ball team almost lost to OKC and got destroyed by the Lakers in the second round. Even if you excuse getting hammered by Big Ball AD and Lebron if their defense is so elite why'd a young ass OKC team with CrippleP3 take them to 7 games?

Switch all defense is not sustainable it is amazing when players' legs are fresh but when they are tired they lose concentration and focus and our offense takes a hit cuz guess what hitting 3s requires a lot of energy. Simple is good because when the going gets tough all those fancy Xs and Os are hard to execute having a complicated switch all defense is a recipe for disaster when everybody has tired legs and refs aren't calling every foul they see. You have to look at things in real life situation not just in a vacuum.

When's the last small ball team that won a championship? And pls don't say Hamptons 5 cuz KD is freaking 7'1 and Iggy is 6'8, Klay is 6'6 and Steph Curry is 6'3. They are an average height team if you consider Draymond's 6'7 height is decent for a small forward.

pr0wler likes this.
  5. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Is it me or does Boogie look extremely unhappy on the bench?

I hope he doesn’t quit on us because of Ego....

I don’t like his body language or lack of energy on the bench...

Maybe I’m over reacting?

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

KD is 6'10

Iggy is 6'6

Draymond is 6'6

These are official NBA measurements from last season.

Switch everything defense is what took GSW to 7 games when that team was at its absolute peak potency.

Why do you have to lie to try and make a point?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

There aren't official NBA measurements every year genius these are just regurgitated from their draft combine stats. These players grow an inch or two after getting drafted esp for guys like KD who were extremely young. Tmac for example grew to 6'10.

How can Iggy be 6'6 when as an 18 yr old he is listed as 6'7? He shrunk in 2020? Add shoes he is 6'8
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Andre-Iguodala-2918/

Here is KD saying he is 7'0 with sneakers on.
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/kevin-durant-finally-admits-hes-7-feet-tall/

Draymond Green is 6'5 1/4 without shoes add shoes he is over 6'6.

You really think Iguadala and Draymond Green are the same height? STFU.

Tell me how there are official NBA height for players every year? Do they measure every player's height before season starts? If you can't then STFU. Why you always lie to make a point?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe you should STFU and do your due diligence.

You dont even know that the NBA officially re-measured all NBA players last season.

The current heights on NBA.com are the most up to date accurate measurement of players without shoes.

LOL

Your ignorance is hilarious.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-measuring-height-their-players-real-n1059631

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0191018-ctfvnt2rrjgipkhkoq2dbdfwya-story.html

https://crownhoops.com/2019/10/08/complete-list-of-nba-player-height-changes-and-updates/

#810 D-rock, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    bmelo likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0191018-ctfvnt2rrjgipkhkoq2dbdfwya-story.html

D-rock likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do they play barefoot?

Let's assume you are correct and KD is 6'10. How d hell is that small ball? If you think 6'10 is small ball then what about Tucker who is 6'6?

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

good boring blow out!

B Mac was on fire! 5-5 3-pt!!,,

Wood looking real good too!

Tate is a high azz motor player!

Balldon'tlie, pr0wler and D-rock like this.
  14. Sonicbun8

Sonicbun8 Member

Can almost tell it is a W when the page thread is only 40 pages long, like half the posters on here are Linnites / Harden haters.. :eek:

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are the dumbest MFer on CF, I cant believe I thought you were worth having basketball discussions with at one time.

Even after you've been educated, you lack the character or wherewithal to admit you were wrong.

You were wrong and cannot admit you were pushing disinformation to further your point.

#815 D-rock, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    roslolian likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah what's hilarious is you are missing the point as always.

OK let's say you are correct and I'm wrong, I didn't know the players were remeasured before season started. I'll even give you that GSW was indeed a small ball team? How does that detract from my point? The only small ball team who won a ring had 3 of the best shooters in NBA history and had 4 all stars? OMG that's definitely an indictment that small ball is better than big ball.

How does that detract from my point at all? You think Tucker/RoCo/Green is comparable to KD/Iggy/Dray?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe if you bothered to read before you typed you'd see I already said I was wrong and didn't know players got remeasured.

How was I pushing disinformation on something I didn't know? KD going from 7'1 to 6'10 doesn't push my point either way both are taller than 6'6 PJ Tucker LMAO.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

In honor of Tommy Lasorda
    RIP

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

You agree you'd rather have Tucker and Roco over Cousins and Wood?

What's RoCo doing on Portland again?

SMH.

20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Scariest thing since the Freddy Krueger franchise.

D-rock likes this.