1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hesitancy - The Enemy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Alot of out players wait on the defense to close out
    Then they will drive by
    I don't know if that the offense but
    They be wide open and literally have to wait on the person
    I think if this continues people will not try to drive them off the 3 so hard
    and then the opportunity will be lost.

It worked to nite. . .
    I think this is a result of
    1. Confidence in the three ball
    2. Lack of familiarity with the offensive system
    or
    3. by design

Rocket River

cbs1507, ApacheWarrior and Exiled like this.
  2. Exiled

Exiled Member

phasing out volume 3s era with quality 3s era.
    Also simple 1,2,3 passes routine to make it a habbit for the players to share the ball ,mixed with variety of cuts to the basket or controlled ISO, very encouraging to see Harden playing in a system similar to Steve Kerr's 1st year with GSW

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I was tracking the game play by play on NBA.com.....I noticed the Rockets PACE seemed quicker to me.

After rebounds the Rockets were getting shots off in around 7-11 seconds. Possibly getting into the sets quicker or just going.

After opponent made baskets, Rockets often used the clock near 20 seconds into the shot clock.

Plenty of made baskets on display in this game because the Rockets didn’t miss so many.

2nd quarter was the exception where shots were often taken around 18 seconds after a rebound.

Perhaps the Rockets just didn’t fear a shot blocker on the Magic team (until Mo Bamba got in the game).

cbs1507 and Rocket River like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

They are hesitant because they know they suck at shooting 3's. The guys like Mclemore aren't hesitant because they know they can make them. When you brick insanely open shots like the Rockets do over and over again it might make you hesitant too.

burlesk likes this.