1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is a role player now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

No complaining from me, just an observation. Harden has averaged just 17/11 over the last 3 games. He doesn’t seem like his normal aggressive self — and whether that’s from effort or playing within the system, it’s just something to pay attention to moving forward.

I think we can all agree playing team ball like tonight is not only more fun to watch, but also makes us harder to guard because of the unpredictability. However, are we ok with Harden’s production going down to role-player-level as a result?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Let’s hypothetically pretend that this is the Harden we have for the year you really believe this makes us harder to guard lol? Seriously? It was the busted up Magic lol. D league garbage team. If Harden isn’t MVP Harden this team doesn’t even hit .500

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Great.... now his trade value has plummeted ...

We will be lucky to get some 2nd rd picks for said role player....:(

4. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Role players don’t lead nba in assists.

5. xaos

xaos Member

Does this mean we can trade our super role player, Danuel House ?

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

He is still the best player in the team. They have reduced his role on the offense. He is more of a facilitator then a scorer

plutoblue11, carib, banzai and 3 others like this.
  7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I think he’s really feeling it out. He’ll get his. But he’s trying to play within the offense. He doesn’t really remember how to play without ISO, so let him get it together.

8. xaos

xaos Member

banzai likes this.
  9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Idk what the hell game you all were watching. The game looked great. He was passing like he always has and the open man whoever it was making the bucket. That has hardly ever happen in his time in Houston besides I'm guessing his first season here where he looked to pass more. I would be interested in seeing if this was the first game winning by 30+ and him scoring less then 20 and being a postive. I bet this would be either one of very few, or the first.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He was banned from Clutchfans and moved to Parler.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS... very often the change cant be sudden it needs to be baby-stepped

12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Oh man. Don't tag him, he may actually show up

Corrosion, Emtenndo and D-rock like this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Harden sacrificing?

::faints::

DreamShook likes this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

He was one of my favorite posters on here before the over use of LTS joke + others,... but not a good enough reason to just turn on him

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

His game is different, and there can be NO arguing that. No free throws tonight. 4 total in the last two games combined. Is this a result of him buying into the new system, or has James “quit” as alleged by Calvin Murphy? It’s hard to know for sure, but one thing I do know is that you can’t really argue with the results tonight. James didn’t shoot well, but he found the open man, didn’t turn the ball over very much, and was a team leading plus 26 on the night. That’s a damn good game.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This game Harden was aggressive. Harden was passing like he knew where his people were going to be. There is a reason PJ had such a good game. I thought PJ had no place in this offense, but it was just No one knew where to find him yet.

Harden looks like he has figured out where his teammates are, now he will figure out where his points are.

If Silas' offense can get Harden to be fresh in the 4th that is all the Rockets need.

34to11, CCity Zero, carib and 9 others like this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

Harden is sacrificing his numbers for the sake of an ultimate goal

18. xaos

xaos Member

In all seriousness, Wall is going all out and has impressed me a lot. But, when it comes to setting people up and getting easy lobs, Harden really has an elite skill at getting easy shots. He makes it look easy and effortless (maybe even is effortless). Even when Wall gets an assist, it doesn't come so easy like Hardens.

Patience, Roxfan4lyfe, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Just because you don’t take 30 shots and score 50 doesn’t make you a role player. It’s a different style of Bball. He’s still the guy. Who cares about ppg. He balled tonight. In the flow of the offense.

Patience, 34to11, CCity Zero and 6 others like this.
  20. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I’m not sure he even played in the 4th