1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Silas calling out Clutchfans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 8, 2021.

1. SORF

SORF Member

Harden....15 pts and 13 assists.
    That means Harden is responsible for his15 pts and another possible 26-39 pts....that is 41-54 points. He did his business tonight. On top of that he shot 6/13 for 46%, and 3/9 threes for 33+%. Those are good numbers...he did his job tonight even thought his scoring was not his average.

Stats don't lie.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

“He’s being a professional and contributing until we find the best deal.”

3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I guess Calvin and other fans are mad that Harden didn't take the last possession of last game where Wall turned the ball over. I know it sounds crazy that people emotionally blames Harden for Wall's turnover, but fans may just want to see Harden take the last possession. I don't think it's an effort thing, nor it's fair to call "He quit" though.

I actually think Harden's effort level has been good so far this year. He falls asleep on defense at times, but I think overall he plays hard defensively. He started to let Wall bring the ball to the front court when they're both on the floor all the time, and initiated attack by running off pin downs to catch the ball, which is the type of off ball movement I always wanted him to do. He can never play off ball like those Klay, or Curry, running off screens all the time, catch & shoot, this is just not his game. But he can attack more a like wing player, which makes the opponents harder to double him. I think he is putting a lot of effort in adjusting to this new style of offense, and he's having two bad shooting nights (these two are probably correlated), plus we just had two disappointing losses.

I expect Harden and the team to play much better with more games.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The people who think he quit are ****ing idiots.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

This whole thing is stupid.

I have watched the “Calvin” game twice... Harden didn’t quit, he hasn’t quit so far at all. He is doing what they have asked him to do.

Calvin can’t even control his own family... not concerned about whatever he said about Harden.

Deuce, ClutchLatina, ElPigto and 6 others like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not going to criticize him publicly

DD

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

What’s there to criticize? Harden has been playing pretty good, within the offense and not trying to have the ball stick.

9. Asian Sensation

What does a man’s past personal family affairs have to do with his opinion on hoops?

durvasa and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The main issue is .. . . Harden can make the wrong play and shoot. . . .and score.
    We can all say . . he should have passed to this open man or that open man . . ..
    However
    The reverse is true. . .. Making the RIGHT PLAY . . ie. passing to the open man.. . . that has a bad result . .. happens
    The we say he should have shot it him self. . .

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did anyone (harden onlys or otherwise) really think Silas would call out Harden, who wants to be traded, for low effort even if he thought he was giving low effort?

[​IMG]

I think Harden is feeling out the offense. He is finding his guys in a new offense and soon he will find his scoring

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

You obviously haven't had babies (14) with multiple (9) females and left them to deal with it. You just wouldn't get it.

Nook likes this.
  13. Asian Sensation

Again, what does that have to do with someone’s opinion in regards to basketball?

14. xaos

xaos Member

Nothing...

Asian Sensation likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Exactly.

xaos likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even if he got hurt, people would immediately think he faked it. Didn't expect this from Houston fans...uh well....

Nook, D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden is doing all that Silas is asking of him. (And Silas isn’t asking all that much,)

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden averaging 15 and 12 past two games. Those are Nash MVP numbers.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The Rockets are not beating any legitimate team with James Harden scoring 17 points a game. Just remember that. Houston needs MVP scoring Harden if they want to make the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean they just put up 132 points with Harden scoring 15. Why does he need to take over when what he is doing is working so well? Why does he have to score the points if he is getting his teammates really great looks?

Seems to me that a Harden that facilitates more and scores less is a more difficult player to stop