1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

You actually believe Watson wanted Hopkins traded?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I’m on Watson’s side on this one. You can’t have an organization ran by an owner you can’t trust. He gave his word to Watson that he would be included then goes out and hires who he wants without out consulting the franchise player. Huge red flag!! My boss kind of pulled the same move with me and my mindset was I’m definitely getting out of this company. Kept telling me things and never held there word..I left to another company lol

mikol13 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize the overwhelming majority of team owners lean conservative, right?
    If it wasn’t socially unacceptable, I bet a bunch of players would publicly say it too. It benefits them as the ultra rich.
    Right now it’s popular to use distractions (politically charged accusations) to offset unhappiness. It’s a good excuse or “reason” to not have back lash for wanting to get a new contract or leave.
    All I’m saying is none of it should have a place in sports, have your opinion and that’s fine. But keep that separate from work and sport.
    Just my opinion.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That I can absolutely agree with. Trust is important.
    All the political crap is nonsense imo.
    If you’re a man of your word, I can respect you no matter your political opinions.
    Sucks for Watson, and I hope that this is being overblown.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook, Joshfast and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

of course I do, but cmon man do you really want to diminish the "inmates" comment by McNair or just sweep it under the rug as well. All those things add up. I expect most rich white men to be self serving and have strong opinions on society and what they believe is socially acceptable behaviour in their circle, but they lack filters and self awareness in the process alienating a good portion of fans.

If you want politics out from a player standpoint then it must be out from a managerial standpoint. Im not too convinced that this right leaning "culture" isnt wnat is driving the players away from the team. its pretty obvious the team has a very particular player in mind when they try to improve the team and "best player available" doesnt seem to be near the top of the checklist.

I agree sports should be a sanctuary, but when the league and the owners send their messages dont be surprised when the players react accordingly and then the fans get caught in the middle having to choose sides.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. dookiester

dookiester Member

lol. and like the team mortgaging the future by overpaying for underwhelming players is supposed to help the argument that watson should trust the texans to properly run their business. all those moves prove how incompetent the decision-making is and reinforce why watson should be upset. watson obviously knows more football than everyone in the texans front office combined - maybe they should shut up and sign checks and listen to watson when it comes to football.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Peaceful protest at NRG anyone? Lol

10. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Easterby HAS TO BE FIRED

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I personally didn’t think that comment was bad, I thought it was bad vernacular from a common used idiom.
    And yes I agree, upper management should be politic free too.
    I don’t think politics have much to do with this teams misfortune as much as incompetence.
    Too loyal, too forgiving, too non malleable. No outside the box thinking. Too trusting of bad talent evaluation from top to bottom.

I just hate using politics as a reason for incompetence, it’s lazy imo.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I don't blame Deshaun. He wants out as an employee, I want out as a fan.

13. showa13

showa13 Member

There's a difference between keeping politics out of sports and not letting politics or political agendas affect or influence decisions that effect on the field play. What you're suggesting is the latter which is absolutely how it should be. It's clear though to me at least that Easterbunny has allowed his political and personal agenda's to determine what football moves should be made, not how it helps the team win.

Alot of this unhappiness can be fixed with such an easy solution which makes this even more maddening

vinsensual and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think it's valid - but I also think it's something that should happen *after* the general manager is hired. Sit down, explain what's been good/bad and your hopes for the culture, etc.

Players should not be involved in the hiring process. Just MO.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Easterby with hair before being defeated in the classic Disney movie.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t equate religion to politics.
    He’s a typical con man preacher.

But yes I agree with the rest.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Right on. It was Easterby who was responsible for running off Hopkins over some self righteous bullshit. I don't blame Deshaun one bit for not being onboard with how Caserio (Easterby's good buddy) was hired. While Bob wanted to run the Texans like a plantation, it now appears that Cal is going to run it like a clown show.

J.R. likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Player interference is as bad or worse than owner interference.

Owners shouldn't be choosing draft picks or seeing depth charts and players shouldn't be picking coaches and GM'S.

I get the desire to do so in both instances, but it's a REALLY bad idea... just stay in your lane.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think we should storm the offices with Oilers flags! (just kidding - kinda)

20. conquistador#11

I would point to Aaron Rodgers who was infuriated when they went with the Kubiak kids as their coaches because he was not included in the decision. The thing is the Kubiak kids when they do the backstabbing it's done in their own time. They're not following players around or throwing broken gospel at them. Guys like easterby thrive in that 'culture'. All Deshaun wanted in that presser Monday was loving the working environment ie no snakes.

This can still be savaged with just one statement: " easterby and the Texans have mutually agreed to part ways."
    20 hours ago some thought this could never be a possibility..Deshaun being angry.

The Nuclear apocalypse scenario: Cal says I'm keeping easterby, and 'the patriots way' decides to trade Deshaun. Only 2 years later does Cal realize what a huge mistake it all was as easterby has stolen 1 billion dollars from his account. Now it's too late with 98% of the fans hating the Mcnairs. He can't deal with that. Instead, he sells the team to another a-hole who gives St. Louis a new Franchise.

vinsensual and Blake like this.