1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its a go...

AroundTheWorld and DVauthrin like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Wish it would start already. Seriously concerned with Trump in office anymore. Usually I would brush off 12 more days, but **** that I want him out.

AroundTheWorld, DVauthrin and ArtV like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

trump's offenses happens so often and quickly... the previous impeachable acts fall off the radar...

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's a state crime so they're saving that for after the inauguration

AleksandarN and DVauthrin like this.
  5. vlaurelio

I think its more important that they make it airtight to make sure he can't run for public office anymore

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

This can't be stressed enough. Additionally, it needs to be done to, finally, demonstrate that the President is not above the law.

7. vlaurelio

yes impeach so he can't nver run for public office again

and bring all fed and state charges on the 21st and after

DVauthrin and Colt45 like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They should do it tonight - every day is a risk of more violence and mayhem by an unstable man with control of the world's largest nuclear arsenal.

If the defence by Pence et al is "we'll just make sure everyone ignores the really illegal orders" = that's a coup by itself as well.

DVauthrin, Zboy, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Resign or be impeached, that should be the deal Pelosi gives Trump.

If Trump resigned, Pence could pardon like Ford pardoned Nixon. :shrug: Trump's ego won't let him resign though. This is a battle between Trump's incompetence and Trump's self preservation. Trump should make this a pay per view and at least make some $$$ as he goes down into a flaming ball.

10. NewRoxFan

Reminder... there are 535 total congressmen (House and Senate).

At least one more republican might cross the red line...

11. NewRoxFan

I think George Conway is being overly optimistic, but I suspect a number of republican senators are closer to convicting than the previous impeachment trial. Interesting times for pence and republicans... I'd turn around the cabinet members resigning due to trump's actions as argument in the impeachment trial (and in any campaign ads/debates in 2022 and 2024). The cowards that resigned to avoid 25th Amendment decisions may still prove helpful...

No Worries likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Anyone know when newly elected Senators can and have to be sworn in? Seems it would be helpful having Warnock and Ossof sworn in ASAP...

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Clearly his staff prepared the message walking the tightline between what they needed to say to avoid the 25th Amendment and what they could actually get Trump to say, even with the threat of the 25th.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

State has to certify elections. Georgia has until the 19th. Maybe the SOS will be extra motivated to certify them ASAP. I believe there are still some oversea votes that have a 5 pm deadline to arrive today, so won't be able to start certification probably until early next week.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Lets assume Warnock & Ossoff are seated. Romney would be a lock. Collins would be very likely. Decent chance they can get Murkowski. That still would leave 14 votes. Even with the strong stand toward Democracy by Mitch McConnell, it would surprise me if he voted to convict. At this point Lindsey Graham wouldn't surprise me if he voted to convict though because he's just a weasel.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

almost 50% of republicans supported the raid. That is a lot of voters. No chance they get 67 votes.

18. NewRoxFan

Its possible the House impeaches and then the senate votes on it after the Inauguration.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There will be some sort of settlement. That's Trump's wheelhouse. A deal with State AGs where they drop pending charges for his agreement that he nor his family will never run for office again.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member