1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. raining threes

True, owner are shitty owners because they give players say so in hiring mgmt positions.

Cal doing more stupid things. I dont blame Watson for wanting to leave but he's being childish too. If he wants to leave they need to move him before FA/Draft.

2. ReturnOfTheMac

Pretty sure I can speak for a lot of us when I say this , but whenever DW4 is going , im going with him.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why would Deshaun go complain to the owner about coach BOB when GM BOB was in charge of his upcoming first big contract?

Nook, gatsby and Blake like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

reports were that the Texans had not reached out to EB while 6-7 other teams already had. some doubted the Texas would even reach out at that point.

you nailed it. dont want this to digress to political argument, but there is no doubt that the McNairs view themselves as staunchly pro Trump and if you can be convinced of blatant lies and conspiracies then I guess you can be brainwashed by a spiritual charlatan as well. this "culture" thing is really just surrounding the place with what they view as "conservative" players IMO.

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

awesome sure lets play hardball with the franchise QB like the Rockets are doing with Harden and watch both of them quit on you. Already happening with Harden.

The Houston Curse is real.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Man, people just can’t leave politics out of anything lol.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

if the parallels are strong its kind of hard not to.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

But they’re not. It’s just in your mind.
    All of the politics in sports needs to go. Trump, far right, BLM/Antifa, far left.
    People are immersed in identity politics.

10. showa13

showa13 Member

Are athletes not allowed to have political opinions?

houston19519 likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why do I get a feeling Deshaun's going to be in a Patriots uniform before next season starts.

houston19519 and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sure they can, same as owners.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Since day 1 ..and it is remarkable how consistently uncannily bad..

The most asexual corporatized construct ever.. formless and void

BARF

Nook likes this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This franchise deserves to rot if they let him go. The CBS and FOX affiliates barely showed any Texans games in Austin this year because they opted for other games and it was freeing to not even have this dumpster fire on in the background.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. cdain3

cdain3 Member

All apart of Belichicks plan.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think Watson is right now the third best quarterback in the NFL. Unfortunately, we will not win anything in the next 2 to 3 years after Bob destroyed our team. If Jacksonville offered their first and second this year and 2 more firsts I’d do it and start the rebuild under what we hope is a competent GM. I’m unclear if Watson could veto the trade. Lawrence on a rookie contract with a decent offensive line to protect him is a great start.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Do you deny the level of Trump zeal within the Texans building? This franchise has done and said enough under the last owner and Gomer Jr is just keeping up the tradition minus the stupid comments which I guess I should be happy for. Easterby, OBrien, Caserio - the agent they all share. Its quite easy to put 2 and 2 together - so maybe ownership should also keep their alliances away from the team no? Just sayin'. You can easily research why Duane Brown left - the comments Bob made after Obama won his election. The support for the racist Richardson.

I know they are topics nobody wants to talk about, but you cant just pretend they never happened and expect people not to use those moments to come to certain conclusions.

How do you suggest they try to make a change in society if their conscience is battered? Raise their hand in the team meeting?

HillBoy likes this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Watson was literally the only draw for this job and Cal has managed to screw that up. A toxic front office, garbage roster, no draft capital, no cap space, and now a disgruntled star QB.

#139 gucci888, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  20. WiltTheStilt13

Watson should leave while he is still in his prime, The Texans will waste it.

Nook and the11mingdynasty like this.