1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Evans32

Evans32 Member

Who says no in these deals, with no picks involved!!!

Rox: MPJ,Lavine,Harris,Felicio,Hutchison,Kornet

Nuggets: PJ Tucker, Gordon, Markkanen

Bulls: Harden, RJ Hampton, D.House

Or Rox: Culver, Russell, Edwards
    Wolves: Tucker, Harden

I don't think Minny includes Culver but who knows bulls will suck this year anyway could get Cade/Harden backcourt next year and with cap to make team better. Minny says f#ck it and compete in the west. I don't think they would do it but these teams can always trade harden Next year if he doesn't commit these franchises really have nothing to lose. How often do these franchises have a chance to have a top 5 player? Rox would just have to bite the bullet without picks and get a nice core around Wood. Nuggets would get deeper and gets off Harris contract and still gets a young big who has potential since they lost MPJ

#1861 Evans32, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  2. Garner

Garner Member

nuggets absolutely say no. MPJ>>their entire package.

3. Evans32

Evans32 Member

How many picks would have to go to Denver? 1 first or 2?

4. Garner

Garner Member

it’s not a picks thing in my opinion. They have zero incentive to make this trade. It’s a bad trade for them.

adding the 16th and 23rd first round picks in 2024 don’t change that.

5. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Everybody except the Bulls. Turrrrrrible

6. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Maybe 1 FRP, but 3???

D-rock likes this.
  7. Possum

Possum Member

Rap has demanded a trade. He’s better than anyone the rockets have been talking about. Why not trade Harden for Beal, Bryant and Hachimura and picks? Of course I would rather not trade harden but it would be poetic justice that he end back up with Westbrook after getting him traded here.

ilias and Dacamel like this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Big wizards fan?

D-rock likes this.
  9. ilias

ilias Member

i’d do Harden for Beal and Hachimura straight up, no picks involved. I doubt Wizards would add Bryant. Not sure if Wall, Beal would get on though.

10. ilias

ilias Member

I’d rather add George than Beal, as we have a starter-quality SG in Gordon, while SF is our weakest spot.

George + Zubac for Harden would improve both teams. Zubac could start next to Wood or play 20 mins as backup. Our defense would improve a lot. The Clips need an elite playmaker, Harden makes more sense than PG as a partner to Kawhi.

11. ilias

ilias Member

I doubt Indiana gives Brogdon and Sabonis away. What could make sense for them (and possibly us) is Harden, House for Turner and Oladipo. Turner would be great next to Wood, PJ would shift to SF. We would need Dipo to agree to an extension as part of the trade.

#1871 ilias, Jan 8, 2021
    18pbr likes this.
  12. ilias

ilias Member

I like the idea of a 3-way between Atlanta-Philly-Houston, as it solves some fit issues. Simmons is a better partner than Harden next to Young, and we would be better off with the Hawks pieces rather than Simmons.

However, I would make Collins the main Hawks target for Houston. Collins is a poor fit next to Simmons/ Capela, and the Hawks already have Gallo who is ideal next to them. Likewise, Collins would really help our interior defense and partner well with Wood. We would need to agree an extension with Collins as part of the trade.

My trade would be:
    PHI in: Harden
    ATL in: Simmons
    HOU in: Collins, Hunter, Bogdanovic, Thybulle

HOU starters: Wall, Bogdanovic, Hunter, Collins, Wood with Gordon, Thybulle, PJ off the bench

ATL starters: Young, Huerter, Simmons, Gallo, Capela

#1872 ilias, Jan 8, 2021
    Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I love your enthusiasm, BUT... not giving up on Wall that quickly PLUS I think Magic like Cole Anthony (he just needs a vet / guiding hand)

So...
    ORL: EGo + House + Clemons + POR 2021 FRP + HOU 2021 FRP (or MIA) + 2021 SRP
    HOU: A. Gordon

Opens up almost $4M in cap space. Sign Dewayne Dedmon + Gerald Green + John Henson (all to vet min) to replace lost players as well as get more height.

6' 4 Wall // 6'5 Brown // 6'5 Green
    6'5 Beard // 6'5 Nwaba // 6'3 B-Mac
    6'5 Tuck // 6'4 Tate // 6'6 KMart2 //
    6'8 AGod // 7'0 Dedmon // 6'9 Bruno
    6'10 CWood // 6'10 Boogie // 6'10 Henson

With a keyed in Beard and better defensive rotations, that roster would make some noise in the playoffs

ilias likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Just going to set this here...

According to Chris Kirchner and Sam Amick of The Athletic, Trae Young and John Collins have a growing disconnect that remains an "issue."
    Collins, who may still be frustrated by Atlanta's refusal to give him a max contract, reportedly called out Trae in Tuesday's film session for not getting the team into their offensive sets quick enough and to limit early shot-clock attempts. Collins also expressed a desire to be more involved in the offense, but it rubbed Trae the wrong way who strongly disagreed with Collins' stance. Trae's frustration carried over into Wednesday's loss in which he was noticeably off, going 2-of-9 from the field for seven points with little to no aggression. Collins did try to encourage Young during the game, but he was having none of it. The Hawks have lost three straight and their best players are feuding, so all eyes will be on them this Saturday against the Hornets.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Houston In: Jerami Grant
    Brooklyn In: Delon Wright
    Detroit In: Dinwiddie, Gordon, Clemons, 1 FRP from Brooklyn, 4 FRP from Houston

Wall / Brown
    Harden / McLemore
    Tucker / House or Nwaba
    Grant / Tate
    Wood / Cousins

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Split the difference, 2 FRP.

In addition to AG, Rockets get the defensive 7 footer with 3ball that everyone is clamoring for.

And Ross is an upgrade over House, better defender, better finisher, better ballhandler and shooting 45% from 3.

EGo
    Harden
    Tucker
    AG
    Wood

With Boogie and snipers like BMac (100%), Bamba (40%), Ross (45%), Brown (56%) and energy D players like Tate, Nwaba, Bruno coming off the bench.

Rockets can wait for another 3-D big like Aminu to heal up and contribute 2nd half of season.

The team is more balanced, longer, more athletic, better defensively AND improved 3P%.

#1876 D-rock, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  17. Rockets4Life13

I really wonder where that Aaron Gordon obsession comes from. I've looked up his stats, because admittedly i don't watch Magic games at all - they are just too boring.
    His stats look like he peaked at 22 with pure production going down since then with efficiency going slightly up.
    I don't see 2 or 3 FRP value there. Even if this board hates Eric Gordon, he's relatively valuable when healthy.
    So where is this insane value from AG coming from?

18. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Before the draft this is why I was willing to trade Harden for this young kid...future star. Everyone laughed at me. I thought he was Luka-lite

19. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Michael Carter-Williams 2.0.

20. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Wow