1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You want him to be your franchise for the next 10-15 years.

He's a smart man. Especially when it comes to football.

I'd rather try something different than letting the owner choose. That hasn't exactly worked out, has it?

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah he towed the company line. Based on your posts, you should approve of that. He just shut up and played ball. Even if he didn’t agree personally

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

if the reports are true, cal told watson he would have a chance to meet with the candidates so he could provide his input for consideration. whether it's normal or not isn't the point. the point is cal didn't do what he said he would, now watson knows cal's word is worth nothing and that cal would rather do what easterby tells him than even consider watson's input, and watson is justifiably pissed as a result. cal doesn't deserve watson.

Red.Glare, UTSA2step and whag00 like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That event would appease EVERYBODY!

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Like it or hate it, it’s the new age in sports. Cal is a dumbass who told his star player one thing and did another. That’s not going to sit well with any player.

We have seen this time and time again with Cal. Daddy’s boy simply doesn’t know how to run a franchise.

UTSA2step, J.R., whag00 and 2 others like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Fantasma Negro

If Deshaun wanted to shake some trees he should've done it before he signed his deal, that would've put pressure on Cal to step with his footprint but now that he's got his money he has no leverage. This is nothing more than a ploy to influence the coaching hire but he's proven himself to not know the difference between good and bad coaching. I don't let my kids pick my women and I don't think Cal should let players pick the coach

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think this is about right. Cal shouldn’t have told him he would have input if he wasn’t going to follow through. Should he have a say in any of the administrative hirings? Maybe, maybe not, but if they told him one thing and did another that’s not good leadership. But why would you expect anything different from these idiots?

J.R., Nook and Blake like this.
  10. Blake

Not know the difference between good and bad coaching? He publicly supported his head coach which is the professional thing to do. Doesn’t mean he liked him.

guess we can agree to disagree. This is nothing like the James Harden situation where a spoiled brat had been catered to for years, created a mess and then wanted to bail. Based on Schefter’s article, he just wanted input not to be the decision maker. An intelligent owner would have done that.

UTSA2step and houston19519 like this.
  11. awc713

awc713 Member

Texans continue to reach laughably pathetic levels and are in uncharted territory as far as ineptness is concerned. My god, what a train wreck.

12. Fantasma Negro

So what happens if they let Deshaun in those interviews and he falls in love with a candidate but the organization goes with someone else, you end up right where you are now.

I agree with you this is nothing like the Harden situation but this is how that **** started

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

you could be a great Hollywood actor. The faux outrage is impeccable. Slander Harden and his character all you want - but mobbing up on Deshaun and creating a villain out of his comments is cowardly. He is human he can say how he feels and isn’t subject to acting the way you expect him to. He’s not a slave.

“all this b****ing and moaning” lmao. You’re good.

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. Blake

Could certainly happen. But the point is that they TOLD him they would get his feedback and let him have at least a voice. Then they straight up didn’t AND they hired the one guy who may support Easterby (who helped wreck this ship). Total Texans move. Either don’t tell him he will get input or pretend like you value his opinion and humor him even if you don’t. It isn’t like the org has a good track record to trust like the other QB’s you
    Mentioned.

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

how about just not telling him he would be part of the process to begin with? Lying to people doesn’t really inspire good faith.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Jesus Christ Verbal

Verbal Christ and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lol I mean how did we get here!?!

UTSA2step and Roc Paint like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

F$&?!&@ spot on!

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

This has been the Texans from the beginning a clown show...ownership has been the issue from the start. And as of late their obsession with trying to follow the Pats way and trying to hire all their guys as if they'll instantly start winning bc of it is just ridiculous. This organization is going down the path of being a laughingstock like the Browns if not already.

Blake likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I can’t route for anyone else in the NFL so if these players don’t want to play for my team then read my previous post