1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2021 opponents.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Puppet Master, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Is 7-9 wins expecting too much?

Surely it won't be another 4-12 season.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

*On paper*... This is how I'd tier it:

I.
    They are not beating (3): Bills, Seahawks, Rams

II.
    They are probably not beating but did only lose by 3 this past season (1): Browns
    They are probably not beating but did only lose all 4 games by a combined 19 this past season (4): Titans×2, Coltsx2

III.
    Total wild cards (3): Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins

IV:
    I don't know if they are better but they have a better QB than (1): 49ers

V.
    They are better than (4): Jaguarsx2, Patriots, Jets

-----
    I don't think finding 7-to-9 wins - *right now* - is terribly difficult. It's a tough schedule - but not an overly tough schedule.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Division games: Titans and Colts are in our division and both are in the 2020 playoffs. Both look really strong. Jaguars will have Trevor Lawrence.

Road games: Bills look like the hottest team in the league. Browns are in the playoffs. Cardinals almost made it. Dolphins almost made it. 49ers were still really competitive, despite having a patchwork team.

Home games: Seahawks are in the playoffs. So are the Rams. Chargers are stacked and will be a force. Patriots and Jets stink, but I wouldn't count out Belichick. Panthers were without McCaffrey, like all season.

Honestly, I could see us winning against the Jaguars twice, the Patriots and the Jets. So that's at least 4 games.

You're absolutely right. Brutal schedule. And we didn't even draw the Chiefs, Ravens or Steelers.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans should go at least 2-2 against the Titans/Colts. I mean we almost beat them 4x this year alone.

6. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I could see 5-7 wins. If things go south for some reason then we will have a high draft choice at least.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Damn wish the Cardinals was a home game. Would be fun to watch our non existent secondary try to cover Hopkins. He might set an nfl record that day.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Without any major changes this offseason, I can only see us being favored in 3-4 of those games.