1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Also,

Any team that trades for Harden knows can always flip him for future assets. Harden has 2 years left on his deal plus bird rights. Harden is 40 mil per year player. Even if he opts out of the third year of his deal who what till have 40 mil to sign him outright that he actually wants to go to.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Indy has a pretty good team in place right now. Why would they gut that to take a chance that Harden will re-sign. Also in year two, Harden will say I'm not extending and the return will be even less than what we are getting now. Only way Harden to Indy makes sense is they keep Sabonis.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tonight's game vs. Magic will be interesting.

Especially if AG used as playmaker due to Fultz being out for season.

If AG goes off, then may as well kiss that option goodbye.

Crossing my fingers that Wall has his greatest game ever and Rockets run away with a W.

fattz and jch1911 like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What do y’all think about Beal-Wall reunite in Htine? I heard he doesn’t like WB. Three team trade. No one else available who can score like Harden.

Wall
    Beal
    House Jr.
    Wood
    Boogie

Gordon, Nwaba, Tate, Tucker, backup Center over 6’10”.

Thats a balanced offense/def team. Beal capable scoring 30/night.

18pbr and jb86 like this.
  5. jb86

jb86 Member

Trade the scrubs to free up cap space and go get Gerald Green back. Then sign Michael Beasley and trade for one more big so Cousins can start.

6. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Its time to move Harden. We shouldn't be losing.
    It just seems he is done with Houston.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Beal got Wall booted out of DC remember?

DC had to choose between Beal and Wall, and chose Beal. Why would they give him up now?

Do you have link that Beal doesnt like Russ?

Beal was not just on board with the Russ trade, he actively pushed for it.

banzai likes this.
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Tucker/Clemons/Bruno/Wizards frp for Bjelica/Holmes.

Gordon/Detroit pick/2nd rounder for JJ Reddick/Josh Hart

Boogie/Holmes
    Wood/Bjelica/
    Tate/Nwaba
    Harden/Reddick
    Wall/Hart

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood and Boogie are not playable together.

Defense matters too.

ksny15 likes this.
  10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Houston in: Beal and Bertans

LA Clippers in: Harden

Washington in: Paul George and get their pick back.

Wall
    Beal
    PJ Tucker
    Bertans
    Wood

I know the Beal and Wall combo didn't work in D.C. but I think Silas can unleash Beal since he moves without the ball.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

This combo could not win in the much weaker East, you are putting a lot of faith in Silas who is unable to figure it out with a top 5 player in Harden who is tailor made for his Mavs offense.

Not to mention, Wall and Beal will take a lot of touches away from Wood.

Wood may end up becoming a liability because if he is not one of the primary focuses on offense he becomes even bigger liability to team due to his weak defense.

Get ready for death by a thousand cuts when opposing teams attack Wood and Bertrans in drop coverage/picked apart when teams iso them on perimeter.

12. riko

riko Member

Jarret Allen and LeVert look damn good tonight without Kyrie and Durant dominating the ball. If they throw in 3 first rounders with Prince it’s a pretty good deal. Lot better then Toronto’s garbage deal

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think Wood/Tucker are getting dominated just as much as Cousins/Wood would. I do understand the logic though. easy fix....

Holmes/Cousins
    Wood/Bjelica/Tate

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gordon/House/frp for Thad Young and Markannen.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why would Bulls give up Markkanen for our scrubs and a FRP?

I could see it for Thad Young but something crazy would have to happen for Chicago to give up on Markkanen.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It does depend on how they see Markannen but to my knowledge they didnt pick up his option or try to go ahead and resign him. I could see them trading him before committing big cash.

We can resign him if he balls out or Tilman can let him go.

17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

sign Michael Beasley for g league and find some potential small forward and power forward

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Just hearsay... I’m no insider or anything like everyone here.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

With Magic PG Markelle Fultz injured:

https://tradenba.com/trades/DmJB3VK9u

ORL: John Wall, Danuel House, Chris Clemons, KJ Martin + 3 FRP
    HOU: Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross, Mo Bamba, Al-Farouq Aminu

Magic pick up All Star caliber talent at PG, rotation player in House + 3 FRP

Rockets add more length and defense with AG + Bamba. 3ball shooting in Ross. Aminu may be 100% for playoffs.

6'3 EGo/6'5 Brown
    6'5 Harden/6'5 Nwaba/6'3 McLemore
    6'5 Tucker/6'6 Ross
    6'8 AG/6'4 Tate/6'9 Bruno
    6'10 Wood/6'10 Boogie/7'0 Bamba

jch1911 likes this.
  20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The cap flexibility we gain from ditching Wall wouldn't warrant trading 3FRPs. Plus I feel like we would be selling Wall low. He has looked pretty good and he is still a bad contract, bu not near what he was a month ago.

I'd like to see a real difference maker if we trade those 3FRP's. While I take your word that Gordon would be a perfect fit, I think the others are too big of question marks. I like Bamba, but he still very raw, and Ross has been inconsistent for a while despite a great start to the season.

I do think it might make the team better, but not championship worthy. I think the Rockets sort of lucked out to be in this position. Covington was pretty underwhelming in the regular season on the offensive side, which negated his value on the defensive side. He balled out for the playoffs, and is now really struggling again. The FRPs we got for him just narrowly opened the door back to have a chance to compete.

I think it is foolish for James to want to leave now, he would have a better idea of the landscape by the deadline, and so would the Rockets. Brooklyn isn't looking so attractive right now. We don't know who could shake loose by then.

A lot of the trade ideas we see involve trading James for 3 Firsts and little more. I'd like to think with 3 firsts we could get a little more concentrated talent vs having it spread across 4 players.