1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

I bought warrants for E and F two weeks ago.

Also holding commons for GHIV, BFT, DMYD, PSTH.

#13221 Sajan, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  2. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

As long as Biden doesn't wipe out student loans, SOFI is golden.

saitou likes this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Pssh. aint nobody holding it for years lol.
    We live 1 day at a time!

4. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Yup, now it is time for the high class problem of when to get out (and in what increments).

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MARA, PLUG, ICLN, NNDM, RIOT, BTC - holy cow man this is bananas for me. I thought the market was about to crash yesterday but it was just rubbernecking. I feel like I've had 50 coffees an hour today, everything is GREEN. I cant believe MARA is a $20 stock. It was under $10 last week. Wow.

What's SOS about?

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This has to end sooner then later.

7. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Any thoughts on the recent blacklist speculation with Alibaba and Tencent? To early to bail or??

8. Cokebabies

In my opinion, Trump and co. is just trying to rock the boat as much as possible while they can, possibly to buy on the dip. ARK has been buying Tencent and they're such a global company compared to BABA that I don't see them getting blacklisted. But in either case, a blacklist would be hugely disruptive to institutional / high net worth money and as we know, billionaires run this country. T

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  9. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

In regards to BABA when would you bail?

10. Cokebabies

My average price is currently $250 and if it hits that this month, I'll probably bail on it because I want the cash for other investments that I think are higher probability/higher payout bets. Long-term I think BABA will rebound but in this monopoly money market, you're missing out if you're only getting 10-20% returns in 12 months.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Not according to Chamath. I listened to him being interviewed for about an hour along with Anthony Noto about the SoFi deal earlier this morning. He was basically saying what many in here have been saying : quit talking about how none of this financially makes sense and buy stuff for as long as this may last which may only be around another 12-18 months (I think that's the jist of what he said). He basically said what I was saying yesterday -- that there's nowhere else to put all this money to get any kind of interest, so people are dumping it into the market. I wish I could find non-paywalled video of the interview, but if you can do VOD of CNBC's Halftime Report, it's a really good watch. They were talking about how he was big on bitcoin when it was in the hundreds (I remember that interview), wouldn't sell a share of Tesla stock, and that its future could make Musk the world's first trillionaire, etc.

peleincubus and Sajan like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Regarding BABA, I'm not sure you can tell with the Chinese government, the existing US government, and the incoming US government possibly all playing volleyball with it. I sure don't like them being throttled too much or Ant being throttled. My stop will be around $200, but I've been in it for over 6 years (a few days after their IPO). This is one of those individual decisions based upon your risk tolerance and how long you're willing to suffer and gamble everything will be ok. lol. That and how much of it is in your portfolio.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Tesla really is insane man.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I made about 80% of my purchase price just this week in LMND. If life gives you lemons make lemonade or something.

You may be right. I am trying to be smart about it. I have never had BABA till now or even heard of QS until this week and am up nicely in both. No matter what though under the circumstances eventually the rug will be pulled out. Buying here and there is one thing but not holding substantial cash back for when this dips is a mistake in my opinion.

Ziggy likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I agree. I'm never fully-invested. I've always thought that was kind of dumb. Almost like a "no way I'm wrong about my positions!" type of trade. I disagree with most everything I've bought the last 2 or 3 months, but the last 2 or 3 months have been the best months I've had since the dotcom bubble. Today was one of my best days ever despite the fact I got stopped out of some stuff a few days ago, and I'm sitting here still expecting/hoping for a pullback because most of what I'm seeing is nonsense. *shrug*

What's crazy is people are expecting things to spike up throughout the year as more people dump more money into the market.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to wait and see if PLUG pops a bit between 5:00 and 5:45'ish central time. :D That stupid thing has made me more money than years of holding NFLX, SBUX, BRK.B, KO, or BABA. And GRWG is right behind it. lol. And I thought I was being stupid buying into it around $8 after watching it tank during the dotcom bubble. Crazy.

Ziggy likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Holy crap. Hopefully nobody's in SRPT. Jeeeeebus. Biotech is scary.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If you want to own them, reduce 1 more risk factor and buy the hk listings if you can. I personally like tencent, disruptive/innovative company despite big size that's not afraid of creative destruction of its own products, and always chasing new verticals or acquiring promising companies.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For real what is SOS and why do I need calls on it?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member