1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be traded first? Deshaun or Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 7, 2021.

?

Who will get traded first

1. Watson- Texans

17 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Harden- Rockets

99 vote(s)
    85.3%
  1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Watson: Yea I get it bro, no one should want to play for this organization ran by a poor owner.

Harden: You're a quitter who doesnt want to win how dare you. LOL.

Granted Harden has done some really stupid STUPID things during all of this. But I feel this is the reaction he would be getting anyways.

#22 HP3, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You know people, as well organizations and big companies break and violate contracts all of the time. But, keeping this to the Texans, they technically could cut or release Watson at any moment. It wouldn't be a great move, big cap hit, or unethical (for some situations), but they can do with in the confines of the rule.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There is no way the Texans are trading deshaun.

harold bingo likes this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

This is sad but it's about time a Texans player not name AJ, Watt or even Dhop realized that the organization is wasting their career

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

And he would be able to go anywhere else, right? I will say that NFL players have it worse than NBA with the more guaranteed money.

It’s something that means a lot to me, loyalty. I work in an industry where people bounce around and I’m an anomaly for staying put for a decade. That’s just how I view the world. My dad worked for the same company for 38 years before retiring. My mom worked for FBISD for 25 years before retiring.

Houston has done everything they could to bring James a ring. He has no reason to betray us. The organization wasn’t holding him back. It gave him everything. Deshaun hasn’t played long enough and he himself has been responsible for too many losses this season to be demanding trades. Texans made some terrible decisions. That happens with most teams. Most teams are not good for a long time in this league. We will recover. He just doesn’t want to stick it out even though he agreed to by signing a multi year contract.

does nfl have player option contracts?

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean, as far as opinions go this an objectively bad one.

ksny15 and HP3 like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

The only reason Watson is loved despite his constant losing is because he is willing to pander and discuss social issues. Whereas harden just wants to play basketball. Every interview yesterday they were asking nba players about yesterday’s events. Harden just gave a passive answer of ,” I didn’t see it”. I’m sure the nba hates that one of their top 5 arguably top 3 players in the league is not fully on board with their agenda. Harden only wore the blm tshirts last year I’m sure because russ was on the team. Westbrick knows his time in the nba is coming to an end, so he is hopping on the social justice platform and having his agent let a cafeteria employee tweet out that he tipped 8,000 in the bubble to workers so he can be seen in a favorable light when his current contract ends. Harden on the other hand might be out of the league not because of his game(hardens game speaks for itself) but because he won’t pander and make himself a victim

JumpMan, Jontro and ksny15 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

#FreeDeshaun

neither Harden or Watson will ever win a ring in Houston

Deshaun especially is really wasting his time here, and so is Harden...this Rockets team will get 4-1 slapped by the Lakers again with ease

go ahead and fire up that trade demand Deshaun and do what u gotta do to gtfo...don’t waste your career here getting overlooked and not winning anything

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Watson didn't demand a trade. Pure lie.

11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Only the greats win championships for the city they play at. Those that hops around are a bunch of losers and would never be great.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is beyond false. And tiring. James doesn't want to win? Really? This conversation could go on from the moment Kevin Martin was traded for JH, or well before when he played on a championship team against the Heat, but either way, James Harden wants to win just as badly as any MVP-caliber player.

And while you're not the first to take the "Harden Doesn't Want To Win" shot, there's a huge group with the same, inaccurate, unfair and statistically-unsupported thinking. Perhaps it comes from the scenes of idiotic behavior at the Capitol. Who knows...

Still, despite what you and others think you're seeing on the court, or behind the scenes, James absolutely wants to win. And, regardless of what he does off of the court, which shouldn't be any of our business, he has led the Rockets to the playoffs and, in some years, championship contention, every single year he has worn #13 with the Rockets.

Even during that 41-41, 8th-seeded team led by an INCOMPETENT coach McHale, where James played on a team where a co "Superstar" in Dwight Howard would smile on a night with 4 pts/2 rbds/3 turnovers in 38 minutes, James would go out and give the Rockets a chance to win every game. And, he did all of that with double and triple teams that his coach couldn't anticipate any better than your local community librarian. He willed the Rockets to an 8th seed playoff berth (well below expectations) and dealt with the locker room cliques that were encouraged by a center who ignored Hakeem's guidance and refused to set the same picks that Clint, Wood, PJ, Boogie, JSmoov and even RB would, always knowing James was going to give them that beautiful lob.

There's a reason Trev, Jason Terry, Josh, Tuck, Lou Will, Bev, GG,Russ Clint , my guy NeNe and even Chris Damn Paul (and infinite others) respect James: They ALL know he wants to WIN. And, they all know he's changed his game every year to try and WIN. (Last) And, everyone knows that James has never had the support, or appropriate combination of superstar support to win the title. CP3 gave us one year. Dwight 1.5. Russ...1/2. James has tried to win and has wanted to win both with and without the support of his peers: KD/Curry/Lebron/Etc.

James is unhappy when he's losing. It showed last night. But Calvin Murphy must be joking with the hot mic 'He Quit" moment. Nah, James tried a different way of playing and let a beautifully, improving John Wall take over last night. James looked to pass to David, Tate, Sterling, Boogie, Ego and anyone on the floor. Why? Because he wanted to win and he knew that his shot was off, preventing the Rockets from possibly winning.

I'm tired of the "James just cares about his stats" or "James is one-dimensional" or "James for Brian Scalbrine straight up." Regardless of how you feel about his off-court decisions, the guy has made the Rockets competitive every year since getting the keys to lead. He brought us closer to another championship than any other Rocket has. The closest before? The Artest/Yao/Scola/Lowry combo.

James wants to win. Just stop with the hatred because of our record, rumors, unhappy Russ (when was he ever happy) and sports media's love to despise the air James breathes.

The guy is and will always be a Rockets legend, no matter how this all turns out.

Love ya'll. End unedited Vent.

Hoping 2021 is better for everyone.

Cod

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Philip Rivers, and Dan Fouts, all have zero rings, Does that mean that they weren't great? Also, I didn't realize QBs were responsible for defense, the running game, and other playcalling outside of passing.

14. riko

riko Member

Thank you sir

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I trade both of them for Gerald Green right now

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think they'll all be gone soon, but I've got Steve Sarkisian as the first out the door. Sorry @tinman - you can root for the Aggies if you want.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I’m not saying this sarcastically. How much Texans football do you watch?

It’s impossible to put loosing this year on Deshaun. The record isn’t good, but the NFL isn’t like the NBA where one superstar can get you to the playoffs. It is a pretty unanimous take that Deshaun did literally all he could this year.

Take last week for example: the Texans had no business being in a position to win that game. If it wasn’t for a piss poor defense they just might have. And there have been other games like that this year too.

18. rockets13champs

Look at Adam schefters report. Don’t shoot the messenger shoot the person who said the message.

19. riko

riko Member

But when harden gets mad he is a cancer and has to much power...

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Need @FTW Rockets FTW to chime in about how he's never heard of Deshaun Watson before but he must be better than JJ Fatt who once led his team to be shut out int he Playoffs by KC 30-0. That being said egg ball sucks and don't compare harden to an egg ball player who are unathletic fake tough guys

J.R. likes this.