1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin on James.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 6, 2021.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Usually we have to wait until the playoffs to be proven right. He’s going vintage James early this year.

Calvin and Bill bleed Rocket red and will tell it like it is. People on Twitter worried it might cost Calvin his job....lol

I wish it would cost James HIS job. Let’s get a deal done. I like this team, and would like it a lot more with Jaylen Brown.

2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

And all fairness, Harden is in 100%. He was just out with an ankle injury, and judging by all the grimaces on his face throughout the game you can tell he’s not completely over it. He definitely doesn’t have the lift or explosion that we’ve seen in the past.

As for the team, it was a pretty close game against a decent Indiana squad, and we were missing Wood, House, and McLemore, the best three-point shooter on the team. I’ll save judgement for later when we get everyone on the court.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

To be clear 15 points, 12 assists l, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks is what you are using to prove your point correct? Not saying those are harden esque numbers, just saying you think harden is such a good player than 15 pts 12 assists is him quitting.
    Quite a praise for harden you must be a big fan of his.

HP3 likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

wow we going to nitpick at everything that goes wrong ?

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Only 15 points but Brogdon was giving him nothing. He was all over with great defence. I think we take Harden for granted when he is scoring 30+ every game and as soon as he scores less, he gets attacked a bit from fans

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I didn't even watch the game. If Calvin says he quit, he quit. But it is very typical of Harden supporters to point to a stat line for justification. I'll go with Calvin.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

typical of harden haters to rely on nothing for their justification.

HP3 and T for 3 like this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Go with Calvin? Calvin isn't in Harden's situation. He's sitting on the sidelines watching the game. I don't mind these guys playing a new offense but our guys need to learn to push the pace. We need more attempts. At this point if tate can't shoot don't play him. Anyone who can't hit the 3 should not be on the floor. That's it! We already have wall that's a liability.

HP3 likes this.
  10. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

I won’t say he qui
    that would leave no one but harden on the floor, we DO NOT have consistent shooters. Wall a liability? Gtfo he’s was the only one attacking and plays defense.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'll give you credit for a good comeback, but seriously, Calvin would not just say that, it's not nothing.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Wall and Tate have been playing well though. Maybe it was an offhand sarcastic comment, but as far as I am concerned Calvin knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than any of us. If I am not mistaken he's a HOF'er. Not to mention he watches every single Rockets game.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If wood was playing, and you had a couple of 3's by Ben it would of been a win. Right now the rockets are just not healthy and its early. Hopefully they can get healthy and stay that way.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Explain. Please do bring up his daughters because he was exonerated.

BamBam likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO. Because Calvin Murphy says he quit we all just gotta believe him right. You guys act like HOF players dont say stupid stuff all the time.

The GREAT Calvin Murphy loooooooooooooool yea sure. He's a saint. :rolleyes:

16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Dude with all due respect what are you talking about? This is kinda of a silly comment brother. Calvin isn't in Harden's situation? Calvin not only played for the Rockets, is a hall of fame player for the Rockets (that means he was obviously a star player like Harden for guess who, the Rockets), played point guard like James for the Rockets, played on teams with talent (Moses, Elvin Hayes, Rudy T, Mike Newlin) that could never get over the hump (Murphy and the Rockets made it to the Finals in 81) like Harden. Yeah I think if it's one person on this earth that could probably relate to James Harden's situation here in Houston it would probably be that man their named Calvin Murphy. Calvin is a former coach (for you guessed it, the Rockets), understands the game at a very high level, and has over 60 years of basketball knowledge. The man simply put has forgotten more basketball than most of us know. You don't have to agree with Calvin (I 100% agree with Murphy), but don't dismiss this man like he just can't relate at all to James.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's incredibly obvious he hasn't been really engaged the last two games. Looks like he's going about 60-75%. I know he had some assists and steals, it's not like he's not trying AT ALL, but he clearly isn't being as aggressive as he could. Watched him enough to know.

joshuaao and Htown's Finest like this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Doesn't he have a sprained ankle...?

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

James is unable to play unless the ball is in his hands a majority of the time. It's a shame, nobody wants to stand around and watch him go through his legs 12,000 times each possession and watch him shoot a layup, floater, 3, step back or side step 3. That's not winning basketball and we all know it.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Nobody in the NBA scene respects James.