1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

China was much more livable before Xi.......Xi actually made it worse.

The world made worse by one person, you can sing a song about it. (Although his backers are unknown)

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

not sure what this means, but ya?

3. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Damn. You have the critical thinking skills of a paper bag and the awareness pocket lint.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You keep saying that you don't "condone violence," yet you say over and over again that there will be violence, while repeating one bizarre conspiracy theory after another. Theories with no basis in fact except the fringe sources you are obviously following.

I get along fine with you in the other forums, but here? You're repeating bizarre nonsense that you take seriously. You keep saying, repeatedly, that "there's going to be violence," and then add a sentence that you don't condone it, almost as an afterthought. "Oh, I better put that in there to cover myself."

You've been programed. You are lost. Wakeup and smell the coffee, man. You keep carrying on about China like only "your" side thinks the Chinese government is despicable. What a load of crap. I've made dozens of posts here critical of the Chinese government over the years. So have many others here that wouldn't fit your preferred political profile. I'm one of those liberal progressives that people like you are so fearful of. I'm also against violence from any quarter, as are the progressives and liberals that I know personally, and I know a great many.

You are a walking, talking delusion. I support your right to babble your nonsense, but guess what. I don't condone what you believe.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

people in power in this country / government rarely face consequences for their action.

trump will finish his term and with more money than before.

370k dead, inciting riots, damaging the American vision.

yet his followers will blame everyone else but him. Election fraud, China, Democrats....well except Russia

when i see a MAGA hat, I turn the opposite direction. Can’t take my chances if the person is stable or not...

Hmmmm710, Nook, Invisible Fan and 7 others like this.
  6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Both are attacks on the foundations of freedom and America. I'll admit, 9/11 was much more shocking and devastating (and had much worse long term impact) its just the "empty shell" of a feeling I have at the end of the day, and the sort of sadness that I have, not for myself, but for my nation.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. raining threes

You didn't answer my questions.

A virus is going to spread and there's nothing that can be done to stop it short of a vaccine. A vaccine was developed in record time.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Won’t speak for him but to me, it’s just watching something you assumed was fairly certain become uncertain.

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

it's still a really really messed up thing to say or think though....thousands got killed, not cool to belittle that but whatever

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's how bad this was. a sitting president incited the armed storming of the US capitol.

Blatz likes this.
  12. Supermac34

I think this is something that people never think about. While we have to protect ourselves in trade and IP theft, etc. from China...and we have to be prepared to challenge them on any aggressions they may try to bring about...the #1 counter to China is America focusing on itself kicking ass as much as possible. If we get over all the bullcrap, China can't catch up...even with a billion more people.

DVauthrin and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Meanwhile, we’re having 9/11s everyday in terms of daily COVID deaths and the President sits back playing with himself.

14. Supermac34

Can I make light of the fact that buffalo horns guy may be fun to be around if he wasn't helping to destroy the foundations of our freedom?

15. Agent94

Agent94 Member

To add fuel to the fire, more Americans died of Covid-19 today than in 9/11.

DVauthrin, NotInMyHouse and malakas like this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Except to distance from each other...

17. Supermac34

I wonder how many people that got into the building were like "holy ****...we just walked in. What do we do now? Do we take selfies? I can't believe we got this far." Like...after the initial violence and stuff, it just seemed like a bunch that came in later were almost tourists.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

More veterans died from covid than Iraq and Afghanistan.

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

25th amendment must be invoked

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Or this guy realizing what he just did, deleted is social media page and made a statement that he's a member of the media. Too late.

West Virginia lawmaker among rioters in Capitol - POLITICO

A West Virginia lawmaker took video of himself and other supporters of President Donald Trump rushing into the U.S. Capitol after they breached the security perimeter.

In the video by Republican Del. Derrick Evans, later deleted from his social media page, he is shown wearing a helmet and clamoring at the door to breach the building in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

“We’re in! Keep it moving, baby!” he said in a packed doorway amid Trump followers holding flags and complaining of being pepper sprayed. Once inside, Evans could be seen on video milling around the Capitol Rotunda, where historical paintings depict the republic’s founding, and yelled, “No vandalizing!”

State House of Delegates Speaker Roger Hanshaw said Evans will need to “answer to his constituents and colleagues regarding his involvement in what has occurred today.”

He said he has not spoken to Evans yet about his involvement.

The delegate from Wayne County said in a statement later on Facebook that he was heading back to West Virginia and “was simply there as an independent member of the media to film history.”

malakas likes this.