1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

January 6 Farce in Congress Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 6, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

one of the people she with obviously

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yeah except I never said that was the means nor have I ever condoned any of these behaviors. I am not a Trump supporter and never have been a Trump supporter. I am simply not going to go around claiming to be a victim of a crisis and find reasons that are beyond my control as a determent to my position. If the thought of Trump keeps someone up at night or draws them to rant endlessly, then I highly suggest seeing a therapist.

We both agree Trump needs to be removed from office and he poses a danger to the integrity of the country. Just because I dont think he is evil and he is the sole reason this country is in trouble does not by default make me a Trumper. Im not going to apologize because I have a more positive outlook than you. I know its been a tough year for you. I've been very fortunate.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

And Nazi flags are part of German history. The only difference is that Germans don't have the gall to celebrate an incredibly shameful part of their history. Confederate flags celebrate an army that fought for slavery. Confederate soldiers were racist by definition.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man anytime anybody gets killed its sad but after looking at her twitter feed she might have wanted to go out this way.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum Is this the kind of moderation you were supporting in the wake of such extremism from that crazy radical Joe Biden? Such a moderate and not radical move taken here.

AleksandarN and foh like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Weren't they right at the chambers door with broken glass windows? How do we know it wasn't a cop inside there after telling them to get back. That is what was said earlier.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The real president is speaking now.

juicystream and gatsby like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

I respect your opinion, I've said it before. I respect anyone's opinion here. I wont disrespect anyone who disagrees with mine. I do feel like the election was suspicious. But at the end of the day, we wont find common ground. You believe you are right and more right than my political views.

Maybe you are, maybe I'm wrong. But I will still support my beliefs.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Did the protesters who entered the Capitol building have weapons, or did they just march in?

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Just a reminder of what those Capitol steps looked like during BLM protests. Miss me with the “overwhelmed” and “unprepared” law enforcement. There’s no such thing. https://t.co/tbVINclUHg

foh and Reeko like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Absolutely not... I don't.

14. Mr. Space City

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It looks like the shot came from the right or front of her toward the police who were behind the group. You'll notice that the police show up from behind her. The police are yelling "Active shooter get her down".

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

cmon guys this is just trump being trump

Nook likes this.
  17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

FBI's definition of terrorism:
    Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85)

So, use of force, check. To intimidate government, check. In furtherance of political or social objectives, check.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not worth it. Good to know who he is, and good to get reminders that lots of people support what happened today.
    But I'm done trying to converse with anyone sympathetic to the coup or "patriots" who want to overthrow the election.

joshuaao, jiggyfly and Reeko like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the calls to election officials was 1 thing, I didn’t expect anything to happen to Trump for that

but if all this gets is some strongly worded tweets and statements, and not severe punishment for this traitor in chief, then wow...

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Biden is laying it at the feet of Trump