1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five games in..... so what do we have?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jan 5, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is crazy. What is with these late game scratches too where Silas "just finds out" that Harden is unavailable or House unavailable and now Wood. Seems strange and unorthodox that the coach doesn't realize there is an issue/injury until hours before tip-off? This will be interesting seeing if Cousins can step up and play 25-30 minutes against Sabonis and/or Turner. I guess Tucker will be backup 5 unless Bruno can actually make some contributions. At this point, we either need Bruno to prove he is capable or cut him for a veteran 4/5 like Taj Gibson to at least provide average minutes for us instead of negative value. I am worried Cousins and Wood won't be available all season. We already know Cousins will sit on back to backs and he is capable of getting tossed at any moment. I don't see either of them playing very well with nagging injuries either so best to get some real depth at the 5 spot as it appears to be our weakest link IMO.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

I agree, that we are indeed middle of the pack. Some of the teams we defeated, I hoped was by a larger margin. And some of the team we lost to; (OT game aside), I hopped the margin was smaller.

As the Rockets figure things out; I definitely think the team will improve; just not sure if it's going to be enough. However, some of the deficiencies discussed may not be easily correctable.

I think this team is still playoff bound, but top 3 seed may be too lofty of a goal.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/Qm3-14xkg

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

1) we are a team that needs more shooting in the rotation. Guys that won’t hesitate to pull the trigger.

Quick Trigger: Harden, Gordon, McLemore, Wood, Cousins

Slow Trigger: Wall, House, Tucker, Brown

No trigger: Nwaba, Tate

We’ve just had way too many shooters missing games to have any consistency.

2) we can’t rebound. Teams have gotten the memo on us. Wood is adjusting to a new role, we have been very undersized at the forward spots and we aren’t boxing out.

3) we need to improve our defensive personnel, and stagger our defensive rotations just like we do Harden/Wall and Wood/Cousins. There should almost never be more than 2 of Harden, Wood, McLemore and Cousins on the floor together, and everyone else needs to be well above average defensively.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes.

Even EGo + FRP will work for AG.

But Rockets obviously would prefer to take as much money back in any trade.

But your trade scenario absolutely works with Rockets receiving 2.4M in savings to boot.

https://tradenba.com/trades/sRbGOG0I2

#165 D-rock, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is sending too much salary to Magic.

All you need to do is remove Tucker.

Why did you even include him to begin with?

7. the shark

the shark Member

Does anybody really think this team has the potential to go deep in the playoffs?

Still early and a lot to be worked on but just based on the talent that is assembled come on thinking this team is going to go deep is wishful thinking.

Harden may not be traded this year (and rightfully so if they can't get the package they're seeking), HOWEVER, after they're bounced early in the playoffs it's just going to Amp up Harden's desire to be shipped out.

The reason the Lakers gave up what they did for AD is they felt confident they could sign him to an extension. After this season who is really going to pony up a package for Harden knowing he's a FA after next season (and can walk)?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. There's no Warriors caliber team to get in the way so long as Harden cares enough to be Harden, the team gels properly, and there's no major injuries. Benching Tucker would help, but I think they can potentially overcome him.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jury out but lets give it 25 games or so.

kjayp and hakeem94 like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This is why I had Wood coming off the bench in most lineups prior to the season.

C Wood, Noel, Harry Giles are all built for the sprint as PF or Center, not the marathon of a season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

I said from day one this is a first round exit team especially if we get Clippers, Denver or the Lakers.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats weird I just tried the Espn trsde machine and it failed.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4vo8k76

Isnt that also the reason why the Rox had to do a sign trade of Ariza for Wood cuz they couldnt give Wood the additional 1-2M he was asking otherwise?

Regardless you still didnt say how it was "negative" then proceeded to trade EG for more capspace as I originally stated.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Harden stays the team will go at least second round guaranteed. Lulz at Denver and Clippers.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I highly doubt a low pick will convince Magic to trade for EG. Any trade that lessens Rox salary will work...

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hey your the guy that come up with idiot acronym?
    bless you

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Good post OP.

17. riko

riko Member

Jokic will have a field day on this team with no interior defense.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

So far...

[​IMG]

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If Harden stays they get bounced in 6 round 1. This is a bad team. People will figure this out soon.

20. dmoneybangbang

We just don't have the time to make this work.

Downtown Sniper likes this.