1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Georgia senate runoff Jan. 5, vote vote vote

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Nov 13, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is it now? 1-60?

How many Trump appointed judges are in on this conspiracy? Why is Trump so incompetent in chosing judges then?

Seriously can you just tell us now? Are you gaslighting? Like you don't sincerely believe in Cheeto Mussolini's diatribes?

DVauthrin, BigM and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

No, I listened to the entire conversation and that isn't what the President said....... even after having another Republican in charge tell him repeatedly there was no fraud, the President just kept going on. It was cringe worthy and humiliating as an American.

Phillyrocket, DVauthrin, BigM and 5 others like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s more humiliating trying to justify it lol @SuraGotMadHops . I’m convinced if he got caught shooting someone on video you’d still get an excuse

Nook likes this.
  4. what

what Member

Most likely some Republicans voted for Warnock over Loeffler, but back to Purdue against Ossoff.

5. SuraGotMadHops

Believe what you want chief. I listened to it start to finish as well. I interpret it entirely differently.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

7. No Worries

8. No Worries

Hey Donald Trump, here is a tweet for you

DVauthrin, Ziggy and Blatz like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

of course you people do

DVauthrin likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Biden's first Medal of Freedom should be awarded to Stacy Abrams. Trump would get a kick out of that. Second should be to Brad Raffensperger.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ll would be very surprised if Senator Manchin were to change parties. He was challenged in the Democratic primary in 2018 by an opponent strongly backed by supporters of Bernie in West Virginia and won with 70% of the vote. He won reelection with 50% against the state’s Republican attorney general, spending about $6.5 million of a campaign war chest of just under $9 million.

Manchin also faced a Libertarian candidate that got under 5%. Manchin’s reelection was complicated by an ugly attempt by a wealthy candidate, Blankenship, in the Dem. primary who had lost badly - very out-polled by the progressive candidate as well as Manchin, who attempted to get on the general election ballot as something he called the Constitution Party. His money couldn’t buy his way on the ballot, the effort tossed out by the courts, but the publicity didn’t help Manchin’s reelection campaign. Since Manchin won’t run again until 2024, I predict that he’ll be a moderate conservative who will be a pain, but will vote with the party on most issues.

Here’s a quote from Senator Manchin that gives a window into what kind of guy he is. From the 2018 campaign:

On the Republican side, Manchin was challenged by West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. In August 2017, Morrisey publicly asked Manchin to resign from the Senate Democratic leadership. Manchin responded, "I don't give a ****, you understand?" to a Charleston Gazette-Mail reporter. "I just don't give a ****. Don't care if I get elected, don't care if I get defeated, how about that?"[36]

ElPigto likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

I think she's better off as an independent than having to deal with a GOP Primary. She already got primaried away last time and had to win as a write-in independent. If she's independent from the start and caucusing with Dems, Dems probably don't run any opponent out there so its just her vs crazy Tea Party GOP nominee.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. Major

Major Member

Manchin voted to impeach Trump. That's not going to fly in a GOP Primary in WV.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Cruz is about to make an ass out of himself.

40% of the country believes the election was rigged because you told them that you asshat.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

a blueprint is there

FranchiseBlade and Xerobull like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

John Lewis' Pastor, and John Lewis's intern.

What a tribute to a great man that they are both Senators.

DD

Deckard likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Was honestly surprised that either Dem won the Georgia runoff, forget both. Just goes to show it is possible to lose money underestimating the intelligence of the American people. Good job, Georgia.

19. SuraGotMadHops

"you people"...it's amusing to me when anti-Trumpers cry non-objectivity when they themselves are non-objective.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am losing my mind. I just agreed with 90% of a Turtle Mitch speech. He did a good job.

AroundTheWorld, SamFisher and bobrek like this.