1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Georgia senate runoff Jan. 5, vote vote vote

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Nov 13, 2020.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Warnock is a black pastor who ran against a plastic idiot who attacked the black church in Georgia. It's no wonder that in an election where black turnout was huge, he outperformed the white dude who has failed TWICE to win a seat in Georgia.

Ossoff's win is about Warnock carrying him down the stretch and the Republicans turning the election in Georgia into a referendum on Trump. Again. How stupid could they be?

DVauthrin, Rashmon, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Many moderates have said now is the time to change the old guard of the DNC for fresher faces and everytime that opputuinity rises we keep on putting back that grifter Pelosi who did insider trading multiple times with her husband to accumulate their wealth.

Andre0087 and Nook like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Biden, Harris and Team Dem should immediately make Bernie and Yang Prime Ministers of America.

Andre0087 and DonnyMost like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You just can't help labeling everything.

It's great to have an opinion but why **** on opinions you don't agree with and think the people who have those different opinions are corporatist, evil or somehow not smart.

A little of that will go a long way to people actually listening to you.

Also tone down the righteousness, please.

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

No it definitely is. It accomplishes nothing and just creates resentment with your colleagues. It's not worth it. If you care about a progressive agenda, intentionally undermining the person who determines the floor agenda and committee assignments (along with angering most of the caucus who supports her) is just stupid.

Progressives need to learn how politics works. This isn't the time to try shenanigans like this. Play team ball and focus on keeping and expanding the majority in 2022. The next two years are about setting yourself up for a stronger majority in 2022. When you show that you're a team player, you'll create more opportunities for yourself.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It will be great to bring costs down so people can actually access A DOCTOR. I mean, democrats have to choose their battles and I think there are some winnable things out there that shouldn't drag out as long as doing a bill like M4A.

My priorities:
    1. Additional stimulus bill and COVID response
    2. Citizenship for DACA
    3. Public Option to Obamacare, plus other wrinkles that need to be fixed with Obamacare.
      • I read recently that removing the individual mandate did not collapse the law like it was anticipated, so I think we may be able to get rid of it for the sake of not having it back in the court system.
    4. Infrastructure Bill, it is sorely needed.
    5. Federal minimum wage
    6. Legalize MJ

7. fchowd0311

Establishment. Such extremist rhetoric.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Making someone's feefees hurt is definitely not burning down the house.

Asking nicely < using your leverage.

"Keeping and expanding the majority" and using your leverage to advance important issues are not mutually exclusive things.

LOL. To do what leadership wants you do, sure.

#788 DonnyMost, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Yes I do believe population numbers will still matter, especially from a political perspective. While it is not good for the environment, the "power" of the Chinese economy is largely based on the high number of people in the country. I believe you will see people pushing to increase the population in the United States for economic and social reasons.

10. AkeemTheDreem86

No one wants to talk about it right now (understandable), but there is a good amount of antisemitism in GA, even in the black community.

11. Major

Major Member

FWIW, I think they have repeatedly answered that question for us. They will do so again today in the Electoral College...

justtxyank, DVauthrin and DonnyMost like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

...Hold my beer

justtxyank likes this.
  13. Major

Major Member

Perdue is an established traditional politician that had run a campaign before/etc. Loeffler was only appointed and is a bit more on the crazy side - she was definitely a worse campaigner. Plus she may have pissed off some faith-voters who may be otherwise conservative with her attacks on Warnock's faith. She also had an ugly primary so some Doug Collins fans may have voted against her out of spite.

On the flipside, you probably had some racist liberals that could go with Ossoff but not Warnock as well. It's too bad we don't get the crosstab breakdowns of actual votes to see how many crossover voters we had each way.

14. Major

Major Member

Reconciliation has all sorts of quirky rules in that it can only be used for financial stuff and less on policy changes - can only really be used once per year - but if they think it's doable through that route, that absolutely should be their priority agenda item there.

15. Major

Major Member

On a side note, I think Dems should play hardball politics and try to expand their majority a bit - ask Murkowski to go Democrat (or pull a Bernie - Independent but caucus with Dems) in exchange for some plum Committee assignments or even a chairwomanship. It may piss off whoever the next Senior Dem is, but 51-49 and not needing Kamala Harris all the time (and killing Joe Manchin's veto power) would make things a hell of a lot easier for Schumer.

NewRoxFan and ElPigto like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nice try at deflection.

How about stop labeling a whole group of people and using negative connotations because they are not part of the team.

Do you not see how Trumpian that is?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You think Murk could survive that in 2022? Seems impossible.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ok, salient reason, and I can see it. Still, with increased buying power and knowledge comes more mental/societal flexing. Not sure if the CCP can continue to keep their people down if they're bursting at the seams. But maybe they can. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. SuraGotMadHops

Clearly, the context of that conversation was identifying enough illegal votes that the results of the state would change. Not just changing or finding new votes.

You too, are too bright to just blindly fall for headline spin.

20. fchowd0311

Yes, me labeling a group of politicians as establishment is Trumpian.