1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

fattz and ApacheWarrior like this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

small forward needs upgrade immediately

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Jerami Grant Watch
    Detroit is 1-6
    Next games are @Milwaukee, vs Phoenix, vs Utah, vs Milwaukee. Probably looking at a 1-10 start.
    Jerami is trade eligible on Feb 5th

Current Stats:
    23 ppg
    5.4 rebounds
    1.7 assists
    1 steal
    1.4 blocks
    44% FG
    35% 3FG
    87% FT

Brooklyn In: Eric Gordon
    Detroit In: Spencer Dinwiddie, Clemons, 1 1st from Nets, 2 1st from Rockets
    Rockets in: Jerami Grant

Starters
    Wall
    Harden
    Tucker
    Grant
    Wood

Standard Bench (ie when Harden sits)
    Wall
    McLemore
    Tate
    Grant
    Cousins

Small Ball Bench
    Wall
    McLemore
    Brown
    Tate
    Grant

Shooters Lineup
    Harden
    McLemore
    Green
    Brown
    Grant

Need a stop lineup
    Wall
    Brown
    Tate
    Tucker
    Grant

Closing Lineup
    Wall
    Harden
    Tucker or McLemore
    Grant
    Wood or Tucker

Total Rotation
    Wall / Brown
    Harden / McLemore
    Tucker / Tate
    Grant /
    Wood / Cousins

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  4. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -14.5 ppg, -5.3 rpg, and -3.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Harrison Barnes
    28 year old, 6-8, 225 lb SF from North Carolina
    16.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.4 apg in 34.8 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Jabari Parker
    25 year old, 6-8, 245 lb F from Duke
    No games yet played in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    32 year old, 6-4, 215 lb G from Indiana
    19.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.2 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] P.J. Tucker
    35 year old, 6-6, 245 lb SF from Texas
    4.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 34.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    27 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M
    7.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 32.6 minutes in 2020-2021

ilias likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Man I would take that all day. Barnes as the glue guy here would wreck. The flier on Parker isn't bad either.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/eQiMV1zo0

Just looking over the devil's best offer I guess. Levert, Dinwiddie, Prince, Allen and 4 1sts for Harden and Tucker.

Wall, Dinwiddie*, Clemons*
    Gordon, McLemore, Nwaba
    Levert, Tate, House
    Wood, Prince, Martin Jr.
    Allen, Cousins, Caboclo

I guess you try to go the OKC route and rebuild images, then sell high. Wall, Gordon, Dinwiddie post acl next season. Building a 3-4-5 unit in Levert-Wood-Allen that can do a little of everything in supporting roles, use those assets to offer in trade for another star or take your shots at cheap labor. Start the process of finding a talent like Harden over again lol... idk man. I think it's easier to fix this mess than to trade Harden and start over.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

James Johnson and Larry Nance Jr. have actually been playing better defensively than Jerami Grant.

And either would be easier and cheaper to acquire than Jerami.

Maybe with some ingenuity Rockets could swing for both.

fattz and ROCK3TM4N like this.
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

i don’t hold being in Detroit against him. He’s trying to grow his game, and is playing for a bad team. His playoff performance is more than enough to prove his defensive chops.

He’s showing some pretty impressive offensive ability on double the volume he was at before.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. sydmill

sydmill Member

While my heart is hoping that James changes his mind after the rockets go on a little tear beating LAL back to back and then SAS back to back, my head tells me that the die is cast and than James' days are numbered. The deal I am looking for if that is the case is James to Philly for Simmons and Thybulle. Simmon is then shipped to Atl for De'Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish and filler. A deal like that works to everyone's favor.

https://tradenba.com/trades/dn6SygPmp (fyi, trade only fails until 2/22/21. just enough time for all parties to see what they have this season and decide to make a move)

Why Houston does it: If James wants out the goal is to retool and be competitive before 2024 (when our picks are going to OKC all together). This deal nets the Rockets 3 FRPs and a SRP that will be at the top of the 2nd round. All of the Atlanta prospects are more steak than sizzle as they play on a team that hasnt yet turned the corner and is essentially Trae Young and the posse anyway. But I see Hunter as a guy whose floor is OG Anunoby and whose ceiling is Kawhi light. If he improves he can be a franchise player but if he doesn't he is essentially a solid 2nd or 3rd option on a good team. Huerter is Tyler Herro if Tyler Herro doesnt play in Miami. Reddish has the potential to develop into a better scoring Ariza. As for Thybulle, his shot will determine his future. If he can reproduce the 36% 3pt% from last season then he can be another solid 3 and D wing on a good contract. If his shot never returns to that form then he is Corey Brewer. That ain't that bad.
    So the Rockets core moving forward is Wood (25), Tate (25), Hunter (22), Huerter (22), Reddish (21), Thybulle (23) with 4 FRPs in '21 and, likely, 3 FRPs in '23. Those picks can be packaged to either move up in the draft or with some of the larger contracts on the roster to try and pry away another major piece moving forward. Capela provides, albeit expensive, some extra beef on occasions the Rockets are playing a low post presence as well as a solid backup at the 5. Gallo is there simply for salary purposes and would be moved as soon as a contender is looking for some scoring off the bench if possible.

Why Philly does it: To get James f***ing Harden, duh. At the expense of Simmons, Thybulle, Danny Green and some draft picks this is a steal no brainer deal for DM the GM.

Why Atlanta does it: Mostly because Simmons is a great fit between Trae Young in the backcourt and John Collins in the front court. Atlanta would still have the shooting to make Simmons broken shot not be a hindrance to everything else he brings to the table. Young (22)-Bogdanovic (28)-Simmons (24)-Collins (23)-Onyegu (20 is a young, talented core that can make noise now and in the future for Atl. This deal also clears cap space for them to re-sign Collins who is looking to get paid and is certainly deserving of a hefty contract as a 23 year old with 3 seasons of 20/10 under his belt.

ilias likes this.
  11. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Nerlens Noel has a respectable enough midrange shot, is quick enough to play our switching defense, is riding the pine in NY, and was a target this offseason (if you believe brabra)

potentially a buyout target

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I hate to be a vulture... but they gotta eat too

Fultz just tore his ACL.... if Magic see this as a "lost" season, need to try to get AGod... like now

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yeahhhhh. Hate to see that happen to Fultz, but it probably means the honeymoon phase will be over very soon for the overachieving Magic.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Time is now!

15. opticon

opticon Member

I promise this a not a knee Jerk post. I did not even watch tonight's game, not even a single highlight due to family obligations and an upset stomach.
    With that said We need to target Malcolm Brogdon in a Harden trade deal. He is a better defender than Harden and still has the ability to play make. Harden is a better player than Brogdon period. However, Brogdon makes less money and can at least fill the hole that Harden leaving would leave. 75 percent return on an asset is better than holding on to a distressed asset.

On a side note, Brogdon's points per game have gone up every season he has been in the league. I don't think he has peaked yet. Just to be clear I know he will never be as good as Harden but he is at least similar in size and skill set.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Harden won’t resign with the Pacers. If we give up on keeping Harden, try this rebuild starter.

https://tradenba.com/trades/0O64YDX1l

Rockets stay competitive this year, Get 4 good young players and 4 frp plus 2 high second rounders. Indy gets Simmons to pair with Brogdon and Phili gets their man.

17. R=$

R=$ Member

Indiana Pacers Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -20.3 ppg, -8.6 rpg, and -2.8 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] James Harden
    31 year old, 6-5, 220 lb SG from Arizona State
    29.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 11.0 apg in 38.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] P.J. Tucker
    35 year old, 6-6, 245 lb SF from Texas
    5.2 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 33.8 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Malcolm Brogdon
    28 year old, 6-5, 229 lb SG from Virginia
    23.6 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 7.0 apg in 37.2 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Domantas Sabonis
    24 year old, 6-11, 240 lb PF from Gonzaga
    20.8 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 6.4 apg in 37.2 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Justin Holiday
    31 year old, 6-6, 181 lb SF from Washington
    10.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 29.5 minutes in 2020-2021

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Harden won't resign with Pacers. No way they gut their team. Sabonis is probably off limits as well.

20. opticon

opticon Member

Cool site. I have my heart seat on a 6'5 20ppg playmaker with all-star potential. I like Brogdon more than Pascal, Herro or Brown. Thats just my opinion though.

fattz likes this.