1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Much better second half. Whatever Sampson said to them at halftime must of worked. Nice win on the road against what many consider to be the next best team in our conference. 19 rebounds by Gorham. He was a monster on the boards. Have to admit I was a bit nervous when we were down by a point and getting out hustled and out rebounded in the first half.

ETA: If anyone knows what's going on with Mills please share. I hate that we are not going to have him on the team for a while.

King1 likes this.
  2. Aware

Aware Member

He gone, i think.
    I would not be surprised if he declares or straight up transfers. if im not mistaken, you dont have to sit out a year cause of covid.

3. Aware

Aware Member

Yep. He's transferring.

Shame we never got to see him at his best this season.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is the reality when your program goes from limited talent to deep. Parts will move

Wish mills the best of luck. He’s definitely a walking bucket and the next team that lands him is going to be pretty lucky. Sampson wasn’t lying when he raved about him being the best offensive talent hes recruited here

Nook and airflights92 like this.
  5. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Why is Mills not finishing out the current year here? What does he have to gain by leaving now rather than waiting until after current season is over? Any idea what school he is transferring to?

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a complete guess...
    Somebody in his family is sick and he wants to be closer to home. NC, I think.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Time for some or one of the young guys to seize the opportunity. The talent is there.

All the best to the Mills family.

Go Coogs

Aware, airflights92 and seemoreroyals like this.
  8. airflights92

airflights92 Member

Tramon Mark should fill this role nicely.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Keeping my fingers crossed on him. Mark certainly is not lacking in courage in shooting the ball. Maybe with increased playing time he will start hitting nothing but net more often instead of clanking it off the rim as he has been doing all to often so far. I agree with you, unless I am forgetting someone, he is the player most likely to take advantage of the unfortunate departure of Caleb Mills. I see a lot of potential in Mark. And will definitely feel much better about him once he finds his rhythm and I have a feeling he will.

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

I have NO PROBLEM with Caleb mills transferring BUT not during the season! Unless it's a family emergency, nothing else is an acceptable excuse....his father should have made him stay the course until the end of the season.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

nope. Turns out he is just a lil b****.

12. Aware

Aware Member

I can't knock kids for leaving early or transferring. Do you, kid.

He will be missed but he's mostly been a non factor this year. Overall, Marcus Sasser has been the most consistent of the two. We should be ok.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup and especially during a covid season where your eligibility isn’t impacted. He’ll be able to play immediately and doesn’t lose a year. When your team is a bit too deep talented guys will move. People who expect these guys to just be fine with it by not playing are kidding themselves. Sasser’s breakout to this point is part of the reason for less time available for other guys

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Can he still redshirt?

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

my understanding is that he can play THIS year after he transfers. Its like MLB teams renting players down the stretch run.

Had Caleb left after the season then ok. He bailed on his team mid season because Sampson got on him in the tulsa game. He wanted to start. You don’t start for Sampson unless you play defense
    and rebound. The new transfer rule, if i understand it correctly, is silly. He should at least have to wait til next year.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why would he redshirt. All D1 athletes are playing without impacting any future eligibility This year doesn’t count whether you play full or part. He’s making the right decision for himself. If there was any time to transfer, it’s now

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

****. Nate Hinton and Caleb Mills should be on this damn team.

18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Unfortunate turn of events in both cases. Still wondering what really happened with Mills. Just makes no sense. Smells like there is more to the story than what we have heard so far.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. Nook

Nook Member

He didn’t like that the offense wasn’t built around him. He believes that he is being held back by how the offense is structured.

He is right to the extent that he will likely find a good D1 program that will focus their offense around him and he will score 20+ points a game.

seemoreroyals likes this.