1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toronto Raptors In Trade Talks For James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Most of the guys on this site don't understand that bro or they just want the organization to coddle Harden in their arms until he feels all better. Stop with all the logic bro... LMAO

Lloyd Estacio and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Clutch, I heard him say it live on NBA radio on this past Monday as I was driving home. I promptly decided to turn my radio off. Wendy is the worse...

Invisible Fan, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This pretty much sums up Windhorst! The guy is a clown!! He’s pure slapstick entertainment!!

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

shot 40% from the field and 19% from 3 in last year’s playoffs with more responsibility, and has been atrocious to start this season

teams no longer fall for his little spin move, and his shooting is pretty weak...he’s also the oldest and gets paid a ton

Brown, MPJ, Herro, Simmons...I would take any of them over Pascal

HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Windhorst is a total joke.

Also, I'd rather take the Nets trade than take Pascal back. At least with the Nets trade we wouldn't be stuck with an albatross contract. We already have enough with Gordon and Wall. (Not that I dislike either of them)

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This has been out there for weeks and Siakam has responded by tanking his value. Good job Siakam!

Crazy but doesn't New Orleans have a lot of future 1st round picks and are going nowhere fast? 3+ firsts, some swaps, Ingram, salaries probably gets it done.

Edit: sorry I didn't know they are 4-3. Still, they should consider it.

Plowman and Possum like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sluball3 and BamBam like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's just hard to imagine a trade with any team right now because yeah, Toronto gets significantly worse trading their depth for Harden. The only way Toronto does it is if Harden agrees to sign there long term and they could re-tool around him.

but if you could clone Harden and put him on Toronto I'm still not sure they are better than the Rockets. Lowry is past his prime, Siakam is a fringe all-star kind of player, the rest of those guys are guys you'd LOVE to have on your team but you wouldn't move mountains to get.

I'm thinking Harden is here for the rest of the year because there isn't really a team willing to gut itself for him.

Any team doing well (Like Philly) would rather ride out the year to see if they are actually contenders and any team doing poorly (Toronto) won't be a place Harden is happy going to.

So it's a crazy situation, his value is too high for even a contending team to trade to...and his value theoretically falls if we go past the deadline with him...

Honestly, when it comes down to it, not sure a generational player like Harden has ever been on the trading block like this. It's like Shaq or Lebron or Durant being on the trading block.

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They’re unhappy with him Siakam in Toronto, so if they have a chance to dump him for an MVP you might be able to take advantage of that situation and get everything they could possibly offer in return. Do they have enough? I don’t think so. They’d probably offer Siakam, Anunoby, and a TON of picks, but I just don’t see what they could offer that would be attractive enough to give them a James Harden. Unless Houston was trading James to be punitive, which would actually be hysterical in a way, but highly unlikely. This seems like a BS rumor to me.

10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Our team has more potential on paper. But the pieces they have in Toronto fit better around Harden and compliment him perfectly.

FVV-Harden-Anunoby is solid.

No idea what their frontcourt would look like, but it could be upgraded with a Lowry trade — which I read they’re open to, with PHI/MIA/LAC leading the race on that front.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol have you watched a Raptors game? They ****ing suck this year. They are like the opposite of the Rockets, horrid offense, average defense.

Hard to say they get significantly worse if the biggest loss is siakam - they can't score for **** because 34 year old Lowry and Van Vleet are their only shot creators. Instead you put the single greatest offensive threat of his generation? Seems like.....a big upgrade.

You put Harden on them they are a top 3 east seed, easy. Right now they are fringe playoff or late lotto.

Depth when trading for Harden is overrated. He makes your team deeper by allowing you to get scrap heap guys who can hit a wide open shot and play them.

12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

We already have Christian Wood, who seems to be putting much better stats than Siakam at the moment. Trade rejected!

13. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Pascal and FVV plus picks isn’t a bad deal. Yes, Pascal isn’t off the a great start this year but he’s a 6’9” 230 guy that’s only 26-years-old and shoit the 3 at a decent clip. He shot 37% and 36% respectively the last two season and he’s a decent defender in the low post. FVV would be a solid guard that shoots 39% from 3 land and can play either guard position. Throw in some some picks and it’s not a bad deal.

I agree, though, this probably doesn’t happen, and there really isn’t a deal out there where Harden can be traded without hurting the players from that team. Sorry, but Simmons just doesn’t cut the mustard. It doesn’t fit the system and he’s nowhere near the player of Hardin. Seems like the ole Morey is hyping him up to lure the Rockets into a trade. The fact that Morey is claiming they would want more out of a deal is an absolute joke. The better player out of the two is Harden, and it’s not even close

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

That trade isnt going to happen at all. Harden knows they arent a contender in Toronto and the Rockets likely dont want Siakm.

Boston84 likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harden style of play doesn't fit Silas' system anyway.

16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

on top of it all Masai is a free agent next offseason and while he has the autonomy to do any deal, if he’s going to include multiple picks they should wanna know whose gonna be there running basketball operations first. Lowe mentioned this also

rockets1995 and HP3 like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good, it's what he deserves.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Brown or Simmons or no thanks.

Plowman and Boston84 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Yup those New York rumor about Masai were there as well.

rockets1995 and Boston84 like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Siakam is garbage. He has peaked and is a complementary piece at best.Any trade needs to be players in the same age bracket as Wood . We need to rebuild with pieces around him and whatever young star we get

#40 riko, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021