1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I’m a THICC ROF I.D.D.I.OT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCK3TM4N, Jan 5, 2021.

1. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Ahh i thought that started with Jlin, wasnt on here during the yao and tracy era.
    I literally found clutchfans right after

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

There’s been a lot of other CF inside jokes... IM SERIOUS

BamBam likes this.
  3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

4. xaos

xaos Member

Lol means Laugh Out Loud

Os Trigonum and Landsdale like this.
  5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Unless you are a Rafer only fan.

ROCK3TM4N and DonkeyMagic like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It is just fine. Relax. Just give Clutch a donation that would make the pope bless your hamster.

The most important ones:

Milk Hair = Kevin McHale when he was our coach and I think if I remember correctly that it was a translation from one of the two major chinese languages that one of our fans kept posting.

Sura Faints ... that was some joke that our Chinese friends bestowed upon us that we didn't actually get, but adapted as one of our own.

Inknown Commodity: somebody thought we should tank early in the season, then someone disagreed presumably because a draft pick is always an unknown commodity

[​IMG]

These common clutchfans sayings pictured above are all things that the beloved Os Trigonum has posted repeatedly. He's a Knicks fan that used the old Bugs Bunny adage.. if you can't beat em, join em.
    1)I have to assume that most Rockets fans are in such disbelief of how close we've gotten without getting over the hump that we will blame anything.. the media being an easily identifiable suspect.
    2) "deserves is own thread" was a reaction to people starting a new and unnecessary thread when one already existed and the IDIOT thing is just adding "It" to the front of the whole thing.. thank @heypartner for that (pay attention to what he says as he's one of the top 2 or 3 poster on here when it comes to bball)
    3) "there i said it" is something new OS Trig is trying out and let's be real, it will probably catch on and work
    4( yeah that's a backwards arching doo-hoppy but same thing as always around here.. we say it once and everyone repeats it as needed during a frustrating season
    5) "ok, guy!!!" is again Os Trig tryna get the social media hype all hyped (it worked and it still works for some inknown reason)

If you come from the Mutumbo days I don't think I need to explain how we all want to sex him. We all do. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't actually have love in their hearts. Other than that we can all be assigned an "Only Fan" group. Many will claim that "Only Fan" started with their particular group, but the truth is: Yao started the Only Fan thing. His YOFs changed the internet. Our label of them changed it for everyone else too. And while we Clutchfan members are here to cheer for the Rockets first, second, third and forever.. this site has change the world forever. Thank Dave Hardisty for that. He's a visionary and if you don't know who he is, you will. Whether you're a Tracy McGrady fan only, a Yao only fan, a Westbrook patsy, a Harden by god please give us a championship sooner than later fan, a Rockets till I die fan, a Morey advanced stats fan, or a Chuck Hayes die hard.. it doesn't matter. The most important thing on Clutchfans is that you steer completely clear of Jeremy Lin and all he stands for. You do that and someone here will like you.

#26 don grahamleone, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there you said it. OKAY GUY!!!

8. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Wow, I appreciate you taking the time!

Looking back and catching up to speed on old threads really shows how much fun and entertaining clutchfans has been. I can always count on you guys on giving me a good laugh haha. Here’s to a great 2021 to all of yall and asking the basketball gods that they may look upon our Rockets with favor!

don grahamleone and Landsdale like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Anther game of "Guess The Sock!?!"

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It started with Yao. The board was flooded with a lot of Yao fans in 2002 forward. Most of them were not Rockets fans before Yao came over. Some of them actually became great Rockets fans and good posters here.

(For the record, I was not one of them even though I joined the same year.)

ROCK3TM4N and Patience like this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

"sturdy" "always brings his lunch pail" = adjectives used to describe subpar/decent white players.

"it's a tarp" or simply "trap game". pretty self-explanatory; one is a misspelling because of Star Wars I believe? regardless, someone always posts that it's a trap game early in the game threads, regardless of the circumstances.

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Here's another one:

"99er" naturally popped up when fans started spooning each other during Rockets watch parties.

We don't talk about "69ers" in here.

Maybe pg13 forum.

@tinman

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody mentioned "the numbers are clear"?

15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'm still waiting for "He look ok" to make a comeback. Those were simpler times.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is this thread DOOMED ... maybe, maybe no -- if successful Yao will fall in a faint.

Regardless he look okay.

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  17. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Oh yea, James Harden will be traded.... TUESDAY... 5:45PM! HEARD IT HERE FIRST! ( I heard it from some guy on Twitter that looks like he's doing a bad Rick Flair impression in his pic. Forgot his name.:cool: )

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I have been on CF 15 years before I opened an account, and I still don't know all of the inside jokes. Apparently there are many jokes around mis-spelling of certain words / member names (most recently of the team owner's name), so I guess to the OP don't call people out on that :D, many originate from one person mis-spelling something and it being adapted by the forum members (pedal stool = pedestal, milkhair = kevin mchale, etc). Some of the acronyms on here are universal to online forums, so you can do a google search on them, but be careful if using a shared computer as this may produce unwanted search results. I am also on a watch forum that has an index of watch related acronyms and it is a list of about 200, I am guessing CF would have about the same or more.

#38 BallSoHarden, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thicc you say....?

A/S/L?

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fortunately, he's weird enough to be lovable.