1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A rant: crappy dog owners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dachuda86, Jan 2, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Again, it's not that I disagree with what you are saying. It's the context in which you are saying it. First of all, I think a lot, if not most, dog owners have a general idea of dogs and pack mentality. Even if they don't, it's kind of irrelevant to the OP. It's like you complaining about someone screwing you over, and me responding by telling you - "you know the nature of human psychology causes people to act in xyz way."

Like, dude, nobody wants to hear that **** when they are being screwed over. The title of the thread is "RANT." Bc that situation was annoying af and stupid. And here you are popping off about said dog's feelings like "well actually..." Not to mention in the scenario outlined in the OP, the post is complaining about the stupid owner and her actions. It has nothing to do with the dog. The OP literally went out of their way to avoid said dog but the OWNER made sure to negate those actions by trying to prove a point!

But please dogsplain some more.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I have a black lab/shar pei mix (lab-pei) and at first glance, he kind of looks like a pit. He’s all muscle and about 0% body fat. I walk him with a chain leash and a chain training collar, so I imagine it might be a little scary seeing me walking him around the greenbelt. Mine looks exactly like this but a little bigger and a lot more muscular:

[​IMG]

While I know that he’s basically a 70-pound puppy who whines at squirrels and the only damage he would do if he got loose would be licking someone to death or whipping them with his wagging tail….I also respect that other people DON’T know that. So whenever we encounter another person, I always pull him to my right so that I’m directly between him and the other person passing by. I never let him get near anyone else even if they want to pet him. Like someone else said, it's also a nice excuse to be anti-social.

If we encounter another dog, I literally turn around and walk the other way, exit on to a cul-de-sac, let the other dog pass by, then get back on and continue on my way.

That’s the one thing as dog owners we’ve never done – getting him socialized with other dogs. Mostly because I don’t want to go to a dog park and have to deal with a bunch of idiot dog owners. Also, I don't want him to act stupid and embarrass me. Last thing I want is to end up on our neighborhood facebook page:

“BEWARE! Some thug with a Police concert shirt was walking around the greenbelt with a rabid pit bull!!!!!!111”

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This is disturbing to watch...

Terrified kids scream and cry as pit bull attacks horse pulling their carriage ride

The Herald Sun
    By Joe Marusak

APRIL 06, 2021 05:12 PM,
    UPDATED APRIL 06, 2021 10:54 PM

A woman steering a horse-drawn carriage ride was a hero for trying to fend off a pit bull that repeatedly attacked her horse in a North Carolina park, the owner of the carriage ride company said.

Terrified children on the ride screamed and cried when the dog continually bit the draft horse in its face and legs Saturday in Cane Creek Park in Waxhaw, North Carolina, in Union County, according to a video of the encounter posted on YouTube.

By 6 p.m. Tuesday, the video had 98,600 views.

4. Buck Turgidson

Untether the horse and show that dog what a fair fight looks like.

Hope everyone was ok but the dog and its owner, they should both be put down. On site.

That's a superbly trained horse, btw, lots of people would have been hurt if it wasn't.

5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm not sure WTF went on in that melee.

Afterwards I wondered if the dog's owner tried to stop the attack and was stomped by the horse. I wondered, too, if the dog was frightened and thought it was protecting it's master.

But while I watched it, all I thought was kill that damn dog! Stomp the damn dog! Shoot the damn dog, etc.

The world would be better off without those dogs in it.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I love how the guy is slapping the dog with...a shoe? A flyswatter? JFC...

Can't wait for the sequel: 'Muricans: Now We Have Kids, Too!

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I missed that. I noticed one guy hack the dog with something resembling a manchette though. :oops:

And I owe Pit Bulls an apology today. Apparently the dog was an American Bulldog:

Dog that attacked carriage horse in Charlotte had been adopted out by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police

Myfox8.com
    by: Matt Grant, Nexstar Media Wire
    Posted: Apr 13, 2021 / 09:43 AM EDT / Updated: Apr 13, 2021 / 09:43 AM EDT

UNION COUNTY, N.C. FOX 46) – The dog that violently attacked a carriage horse and driver over Easter weekend was adopted out by CMPD, FOX 46 has confirmed.

The attack was caught on video and posted to YouTube. It shows a dog repeatedly attacking a carriage horse at Cane Creek Park as kids screamed in the background. The carriage driver suffered serious injuries and will need to have surgery. The dog broke loose from its leash, the horse’s owner said, and had to be put down.

The dog was a five-year-old white neutered American Bulldog and was adopted from CMPD Animal Care and Control in 2019. At the time, CMPD noted that the dog had a “tendency to pull on the leash but he will slow down with gentle pressure.” The dog was vaccinated and a health check did not indicate there was any behavior problems, CMPD said.

The dog was adopted in 2019 at an event at South Park Mall. A person who fostered the dog noted that it was “friendly with people and children, loves walks and car rides” but “will pull after cats on his walk.”

Continued...

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Dog owners who say "Fur Babies" make me cringe.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It was a spatula.

What else would you use to fight of a dog, duh!

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious why it bothers you? I don't care to call it that, but seems women in general is the term they like going with. Hate to generalize but that's my experience.

11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Maybe I'm late to the party, but the police use pit bulls? Wtf is that? :confused:

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You must have kids. Because they do not.

13. CrazyJoeDavola

Men dont say "fur babies". I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

K mf G and ElPigto like this.
  14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I have kids and a dog. I call my dog "my dog" or "Bandit" but agree with CJD that if I called him a fur baby I should get my ass kicked.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just the right amount of darwin?

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I was attacked by a pit bull when I was young. My friend's dog. Just attacked me one day. Still can't feel that part of my leg because it tore my nerves and had anxiety until I was much older. Honestly large dogs still get my adrenaline moving.

I have recently moved to the epicenter of barking dogs. The one behind us is one of those dogs who suck air inward through their ass to bark, employing their whole body for maximum resonance and decibel power. Just a car alarm on legs. I asked nicely once and the old fellow said something about curfew, idk it seemed like a challenge for me to get my amp and blast 100 watts of hellfire into the back of their house until 8:59:59pm every night. Anyway the **** started barking one morning and didn't stop for a cup and a half of coffee, when they came out to get it I let them have it. I scorched em and since the dog was going I scorched em at maximum volume. If anyone on this street was home they heard it. Haven't heard a peep outta the dog since then but if the old man notices me doing some yard work he starts mumbling about dogs barking lol... That's fine. I just play who let the dogs out on my phone, ad infinitum, juuuussst loud enough for him to hear it. I also find dog turds in my yard a lot, perplexing since I don't have a dog. I wonder if he's noticed that they end up on his roof??

I mean what the hell did he think I was gonna do, pick it up and throw it away for him?