1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sputnik VII.

donkeypunch and Xerobull like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’ve had access to it since last week. Scheduled for my shot on Wednesday.

Here’s the ****ed up thing. I work from home 100% of the time but I’m classified as essential (tier 3) since I work for a hospital. Meanwhile, my wife, a school librarian who sees 600 kids a day isn’t even sniffing the priority list.

Amiga and Pringles like this.
  3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

My wife got the first Pfizer shot a few weeks ago. Had a headache for a day but otherwise no other symptoms. Second shot in the middle of this month.

4. plates300

plates300 Member

Got my Pfizer shot back in middle of December. Some arm soreness at the site but that’s it. Getting my second dose this week. Honestly, if everyone could walk through a hospital and see the utter chaos that is currently happening, you’d all line up for the vaccine. Or at least take COVID seriously because some people still don’t. It may be only a small population that is getting infected and getting hospitalized but that small population is enough to destroy the medical infrastructure that’s currently in place.

Pringles and Blake like this.
  5. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

My wife is getting her second Pfizer shot today. The hospital sent out an email telling employees that they should consider taking a PTO the day after they get their second shot since some people have more severe reaction to the second shot. She just had sore arms for a day after her first shot. Hopefully the reaction to the second shot isn't too bad for her.

Blake likes this.
  6. Xerobull

You have to take a PTO day for a mandated shot? What a racket.

[​IMG]

7. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Any guesses as to when Texas will be out of phase 1b? Around 3 million people over 65, plus whatever is in Phase 1a. About 450k have been vaccinated to date and hopefully they will be ramping up daily hits. I figure this is all approximate, but do you guys think we will be done with 1b by Feb 1?

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My best friend is a teacher and she was feeling sick and decided to isolate at home while she waited for test results. They asked if she wanted to work/teach from home via Zoom. She said she was going to be charged a PTO day to work from home. lol. o_O

Xerobull likes this.
  9. Xerobull

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Wife’s coworker got the second Pfizer shot yesterday and had really bad chills and was in bed all day. May want to heed advice on having a day off for this like people have said. Sample size of....1

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

My dad got it Saturday. He had to sign up for it to get it. My mom is getting it tomorrow. UT health center contacted her without her doing anything and setup the appointment. My dad had no side effects and it was the Moderna vaccine.

Haymitch likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Where did he sign up? My dad is trying to get it but had no luck when contacting his PCP.

13. Xerobull

Got mine this morning. So far only a tail has grown in but....much success! It's prehensile so I can use it to drink coffee.

boomboom, B-Bob and jchu14 like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So far the only side effect I've noticed from the vaccine is injection site soreness, not at the time of injection, but starting about 6 hours later and still present.

15. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

It has been about 20 hours since my wife's second Pfizer shot. She said her arm is very sore, bad enough for her to take an ibuprofen last night. She's also experiencing fatigue and slight joint pain, no fever.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

https://www.facebook.com/FMROT

But they are already out and expecting a much larger amount for a second round. My dad said it was extremely well organized and easy.

Haymitch likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

sounds like my last flu shot.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Two stories I've heard. One coworker, who had COVID back in July, got her first Moderna and had flu-like side effects the next day. She had to leave work early. On the other hand, an in-law who had COVID had his first dose and had the typical soreness.

Another person I heard had his second Pfizer dose and had flu-like symptoms that he had to stay home from work.

I got a few other coworkers getting their second doses soon, so I'll share how they hold up.

My first Moderna dose, I had all the side effects listed. Soreness at injection site for two days, felt mildly warm but no fever, some slight chills, joint/muscle aches, headache, and mild fatigue. Nothing two Tylenol before bed couldn't help.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hate that it only appears to be via Facebook, as my parents don't have and don't want FB accounts. Even I deleted mine a good while ago. Ah well. Zuckerberg strikes again, that ****.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Called the local hospital on monday for my parents, who are above 65 yrs in age and had to ask for the Human Resources dept out of all places to set up an appointment for vaccines. Get through, talk to a person, only for them to tell me they quit taking appointments. Ask whats the next best alternative and was told "I dont know". Fantastic!