1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I doubt any team, including Rockets, give up 4 FRP for Jerami Grant.

Jrue Holiday only got 3 FRP.

jch1911 and saleem like this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’m not suggesting we give up all 4, but we could if we wanted to.

To me, the question isn’t really “is Jerami worth 4 FRPs?”, just as JRue wasn’t really worth 3 FRPs. It’s “is Jerami the difference between getting buy-in from Harden and competing for a championship or not?”

The difference is Giannis had the 5-year extension sitting in front of him, and Harden does not. If we fell short in the playoffs, we would have no ability to improve the team to convince Harden to stay.

Regardless, Jerami is a move I can support with or without Harden. Generally I would prefer to keep the picks, but Jerami, like Wood, is a move that works both ways.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden NOT being traded.

And even IF Harden traded, not seeing Ben Simmons being the return piece anymore.

In that vein, I'd rather see Rockets trade 2 FRP for Aaron Gordon instead.

Fyreball, fattz and jch1911 like this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

That’s what I’m saying. Jerami is definitely a move to keep Harden, but it can work both ways.

I’m definitely off the Simmons train. Don’t see that as a viable option going forward.

I still like Gordon, but prefer Grant for the shooting. Just makes it easier to manage lineups.

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just do not think Jerami is obtainable, do not see Pistons trading him so soon OR Stone offering 4 FRP to get him.

Boston84 and saleem like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He isn't worth more than 1 FRP and 2 SRP's.

Boston84 likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

2 FRPs, a second, and Clemons for Randle.

8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

why the hell would u give up 3-4 firsts for grant lol

King1 and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Why would the Bucks give up 3 first round picks for Jrue Holiday? They did

Now every team wants around 3 first round picks for remedial 2nd or 3rd tier players

@D-rock is saying the Bucks set the bar due to desperation to make Giannis happy......sign the extension.
    Giannis needed a facilitator not named Bledsoe.

Sad state of the NBA when the Bucks give up 3 first rd picks for Jrue Holiday and the Rockets can’t get
    any team to take Eric Gordon with a first rd pick attached.

#1790 ApacheWarrior, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    saleem and D-rock like this.
  11. Chamillionaire

House, Clemsons, BMac, Martin Wiz FRP for Bagley.

We need someone to back up Wood. Boogie looks done.

#1791 Chamillionaire, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  12. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t think the league wants Harden traded because the value of the Rockets franchise will be cut in half when the take over after Tilman can no longer make payments or payroll.

I am a huge Aaron Gordon fan! But we did the hamstring thing a few years back. Which makes a little scared for just this year. Next season is a contract year for him if a deal is done now we should be clicking by then. Chemistry is so important.

Mr. Stone, please..,
    Tucker / House / Clemons & 2 or 3 FRPs (Portland / Detroit / ours)
    ..for...
    Aaron Gordon

Magic does for the picks and the expiring and/or value contracts. Don’t have to pay Gordon.

yes, it’s an overpay but keeping Eric Gordon makes our rotation solid. Brown / Tate starts at the other forward.

all we lack is a g league 4/5 —> rebounder / Defender / Glue Guy like Amile Jefferson & GG

Go Rockets!

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. Boston84

Boston84 Member

d rock and me agree there’s no way in hell you give up 3 firsts for grant. So there’s no confusion there. The bucks needed to land an upgrade in some form for giannis

saleem, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

we will see. I think Jerami has a chance to be an all-star this year, with whatever they decide to do (no all-star game, but possible they do some kind of recognition). Surrounding Harden with 3 potential all-stars...that would be a major change from previous seasons.

Again not saying it’s likely. Just that it’s one of the few moves that improves the team.

After going through a bunch of trade scenarios, you start to realize that it is hard to upgrade this team. Gordon and Tucker are both in the rotation and play key roles. If you send out Gordon, that leaves you with just 2 guys (Harden and Wall) to initiate the offense. If you are going to send him out, it better be a significant upgrade.

I think what we all agree on is that House needs to be upgraded. Tucker is fine sliding down to the 3, so long as your new PF provides enough versatility on offense. I think Aaron Gordon or Jerami would do that. Maybe Larry Nance.

I do not see a SF available that would do that, unless Otto Porter gets a buyout. If that happens, then you sign him, assuming he wants to come here, and keep the picks.

Our options are very limited, but if you’re argument is that you want to convince Harden to stay, then a move has to be made.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

The salary is not enough for your trade scenario unfortunately.

16. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

We need a backup for Wood. Boogie is not enough. How about Turner...but that means we have to include EG.

17. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Noel would be also ok and it will not cost EG

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I understand and support your argument that Harden needs better players.

I just feel that Jerami is unrealistic target.

RoCo may be more obtainable at trade deadline IMO.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another reason Rockets should trade for AG.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

would love ROCO, but don’t believe we can trade for him this year, since we traded him earlier.