1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BR] Raptors Bench Pascal Siakim + Harden Trade Mentioned

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Jan 2, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hard to bet against a harden led team

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Pascal benefitted from having less pressure with Kawhii and primetime Kyle Lowry, when he's going lights out and making every positive play imaginable. Pascal also benefitted from the spacing of Kawhii's latest signee in ClipLand, Mr. Serge Ibaka. I love Freddy V, but that roster isn't making noise this time around.

Yung-T, plutoblue11, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Did you not just make the case for Ujiri to be on the horn to Stone? Is there a deal to be made? That’s for greater minds than mine, yet to me it’s Raps or Heat when the finale to the Bearded Opera’s fat lady sings.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Wussup @Codman hope all is well brother.

Anyway...after kawhi left spicy p made all nba team and was an all star.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Then I’m taking Miami package.

Herro/Robinson

xiki likes this.
  6. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I don’t think harden gets traded at all anymore.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  7. Codman

True, but without Kawhi, Pascal was the entire Toronto game plan. Makes sense.

He developed under KL, but it was only expected his numbers would go up.

I think PS is overrated by himself, but he is a PERFECT system player.

I'm not hearing him being the focal point of a potential Harden package, but if I'm wrong, what an awful swap in terms of individual talent.

I'm a big J. Brown (BeanDip) fan, and the Rockets loved him under DM. And, if we are dealing with Philly, I'm a huge Tobias fan, another player the Rockets loved. His contract is heavy, but the guy can score in the right situation. Philly doesn't play him the right way, but he's a killer and he wants to be a killer again.

Yung-T, xiki, ElPigto and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh please no to any Philly deal without Simmons.

And I like brown too.

I just like herro/Robison more

Oh and MPJ

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Tobias would be worthless to us if we aren't contending. He is a luxury on a contending team and he is just getting paid way too much money for what he brings to the table.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Curry and Lillard are getting into a three point shooting contest.

11. Codman

Agreed on salary. But if you can get him with a couple of other scorers in an extended trade, his talent is being misused and he could be a star here.

Brown would thrive here, too.

Still, I'm a Harden guy and from all that I hear, there is no rush unless someone comes to the table with an offer that's fair. Simmons alone isn't enough. And, I don't believe that's the target.

Like I mentioned many times, I keep hearing the patience part of all of this. That James may change his mind and he'll certainly play professionally through the season even if he's unhappy.

Unhappy guys who score 44 or 30+? Harden is the only one I know. Even with the HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE relationship on the team during the Dwight year (Cliques, Cliques, Cliques), James still played hard.

I'm a Rockets fan first, but I want James to go where he can win, if it's not with us. He's given the Rockets his all. Everything. And, I think he's been let down numerous times by mgmt for not spending enough or bringing in enough talent to beat GS or the other elite teams. Yes, CP3 got us close, but IF we had one more star like the other super teams, we could have absorbed that awful CP3 injury.

James deserves a chance to win. I can understand Rockets fans not approving of his behavior, but I also hear reasons for the lack of Fs given at a certain point. The man gave the Rockets an amazing run and he was paid well, but so are most superstars. He never really had the talent around him to pull it off. LeBron won in the East and went complete animal mode against GS/CLE series.

Anyway, I want James to win. I want the Rockets to win. I don't know what the middle is. But I'm not mad at James.

Remember how Jimmy Buckets got out of Minnesota? The Practice incidents? The Coaching fights? It worked for him. James may be taking a page out of the Jimmy book lol. Jimmy embarrassed KAT, Andrew, Thibs and the entire organization in practice, in games and on the court. That's how unhappy he was.

At least James is quietly putting up good numbers and waiting to see what happens. Russ' situation was different. He literally forced himself out and was going to embarrass the Rockets more than ever. I've heard some of the alleged complaints of violations of protocol...he was going show where the bodies were stored lol.

Enough from me.

Wish you well.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He can hang out with Drake every day

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I have long thought Philly would want Tobias added, Ty & Max, with James/Tuck/EGo going. # of 1s, 2?3?4?

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not a good point... That only adds 1 more useless year before they suck. Also now they have to shed more promising talent to get another franchise player leaving you.

Rockets don't want to treat players like this, it doesn't bode well for the franchise.

15. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

He even made the 2nd all nba team, for wing players, it's on the Caliber of Vince Carter, Carmelo Anthony, etc. I have the feeling that NBA awards nowadays favors team success over individual performance too much (with the exception of 2017 MVP race of course).

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would love Siakam on this roster with Harden, but trading Harden for him would be the biggest L of the century

a top 4 of Wall, Harden, Wood, and Siakam would be crazy good, but there’s no point in even thinking about it

ElPigto likes this.
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

It's too early in the season to say they suck this season.

18. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Siakam is garbage. Just watching how he played this season along with his gameplay in the bubble should tell you something

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Doubt Harden will authorize a move to some third world country named "toronto" whose national animal is a dinosaur lol

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

That applies to a lot of teams. Which isn't saying much. It's pretty amazing how I have to reiterate my position for you. Here it is again:

Post-Kawhi Raptors are not contenders, and won't be for the foreseeable future.

They're not better because Kawhi just walked away. There WAS a drop-off. They won a championship, that's amazing, but they're not about to do the same with Harden, especially when they have to throw in the kitchen sink for Harden.

The state of the Spurs team should make people rethink their garbage position about rushing to a Harden trade. Spurs did a spite-trade and got the worst end of the deal, and the Raptors aren't freaking smiling right now.