1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Boogie a bomb waiting to explode in the locker room?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 3, 2021.

?

Is Boogie a bomb waiting to explode?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2021.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. No

154 vote(s)
    89.0%
  1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When Harden will be traded, he will definitely go to Stone and ask the team to release him so that he can be picked up by any other teams.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You posted that in another thread. Are you trying to start a new clutchfans repeater? If you are, it deserves its own thread.. with a poll.

3. csc177

csc177 Member

He’s coming back from major injuries - he’s 30 and missed out on a chip with two great franchises...he’s smart enough to take this slow and steady (the rockets are playing this right) and not rush back.

this ain’t Sacramento demarcus - he’ll be fresh and ready to go come playoff time. Going big with boogie and Wood will be deadly!

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there you've said it

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This. It’s a very good situation for him to both show he’s matured and get low minutes for round into shape. I can see him getting low 20s in minutes toward the end of the season with more in certain situations.

Kevooooo likes this.
  6. arubato

arubato Member

No. He is looking for a better contract next season.

BamBam likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Absolutely. Hopefully Silas can gain his respect and that'll avert the train wreck we all know is coming.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is still finding his fit.

DD

9. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I think Boogie still finding his way, coming back from injury.. He don't need 25 minutes at the moment. Let him work his way back into shape, get his feet under him again.. and by playoff time he might be doing over 20 mins a night. He said he had no problem coming off the bench, and he's here to mentor CW. As the season goes on I think his minutes slowly climbs, but I see the potential.. I genuinely love guard play, but it felt like a breath of fresh air to see one of our bigs post up and actually know what he was doing.. I hated watching Capela post up

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not worried about it. He's not very good and easy to cut.

Air Canada and harold bingo like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree. He's working his way back into game shape and rhythm. He can still be a factor especially against bigger line-ups, but he's still pretty rusty. It's great to see him in shape, because that will hopefully reduce stress on his body. Excited to see how the season develops for him.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

We don't exactly have HOF PFs in the rotation. Boogie can easily be the starting center alongside Wood but he has to prove he can play 35 mins a night without getting injured.

Wood can play either front position cuz he has a lanky frame, he can easily be the PF. The question is can Cousins hold the fort at C and do we have that backup after him? Right now the answer is no that's why Cousins is coming off the bench. Pretty sure he understands that and even if he doesn't Silas has to remind him what happened when he tried to play 35 mins a night in GSW...

Maybe in the All Star break Cousins will be fit enough to be a starter, but right now dude is gassed after 10 mins of running up and down so I doubt he is pouting for more mins. Maybe he just wants to be the starter in name in which case Silas can easily start both him and Wood and switch Cousins out after 5 mins and put the real starting PF in.

The good thing about both Silas and Stone is they are both great communicators. Silas cut his teeth being an assistant coach for like 30 yrs and Stone got his fame as a dude who brings other guys in a room to negotiate. If Cousins is unhappy he won't have an issue voicing it out to the FO who I presume would at least consider it. This is in stark contrast to Morey and especially Dumbtoni who always acted like they are the law and other players besides Harden got no opinion.

How many times has Morey shut a player down? He told Dwight to shut up and be a roll man, told Ariza no way in hell they are gonna keep him and kicked Melo out after the dude asked him what else he can do to help, I mean yes technically Morey was right but a little communication would go a long way. Look at Dwight now in Philly he is bringing positive energy and being a mature leader for the team. Dumbtoni is even worse couldnt let go of his beef with Melo and Dwight, ignored Cp3 and basically benched any rookie who doesn't bring any instant impact.

So TLDR this isn't really an issue and if it is I'd count on Silas and Stone to detect and fix it to the best of their ability. These two got Harden to buy in even just for the mean time so I'm sure they are up to the task.

#32 roslolian, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  13. fattz

fattz Member

I think Wall would shut him down quickly. Old friends can handle old friends. Wall is here helping make the “perfect storm” for DC to find success.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not worried about Cousins complaining about playing time or anything like that.

I do worry that Wall and Cousins are not the right players to convince Harden to stay. I don’t wanna hear sentiments along the lines of “if he doesn’t want to be here we don’t want him” or anything that’s not positive towards James. Those are two pretty big egos themselves, and Wall while they eventually worked themselves out, has in the past said some things not Beal friendly, with this being much different with Harden >>> Beal.

It’s easy to say they’re right to say whatever, but I promise if any of those East teams actually did stand a chance to trade for Harden but didn’t pull the trigger off of an extra pick or role player, they will regret it. There is no AD package out there, so if you have to cater to Harden to keep him happy, you do it.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Are you talking about Cousins or Westbrook?

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think you have to give him some time. And he will likely be more effective against certain teams than others.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Who cares he’s slow and washed up. He isn’t good enough to play more than 10 minutes a game anymore.

18. ilias

ilias Member

He is currently a liability in our rotation. He has not been good enough to deserve the back-up C spot. Right now, he cannot post-up, he cannot stretch the floor, he cannot rim protect and he cannot defend in the perimeter.

I hope that he can improve as he builds up his stamina and mobility. He can get better at the pick and pop. Hopefully he will shoot well enough to keep the lane open for our guards. Most importantly he needs to play within his current self. Planting himself in the post and asking for post plays is a recipe for disaster. He is not that player anymore. For his and our team’s sake he better come to terms with reality soon.

#38 ilias, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he looks much heavier and less mobile than in the preseason showings, probably ballooned up during the quarantine

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member