1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Boogie a bomb waiting to explode in the locker room?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 3, 2021.

?

Is Boogie a bomb waiting to explode?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2021.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. No

154 vote(s)
    89.0%
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

As a backup C he will probably average around 15 min but we all know the man has a big ego and probably thinks he is level with C-Wood. There is no way he will accept that reality. Imo he is just a bomb waiting to explode. If we lose a couple of games in a row things could go south very quickly.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I see you answered yes to your own poll.

robbie380, topfive, pr0wler and 23 others like this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No. He is well aware that he came here to be the backup and reduced minutes esp coming of multiple injuries. He’s got the right mindset. And I think he’s matured significantly since at least the first injury.

awc713, pr0wler, vjohnson and 22 others like this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

In preseason interviews he kept saying C-Wood and him can be a good 4-5 combo. Playing 10 minutes a game clearly wasn’t his expectation.

FatSeagal likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's always the same posters looking for negative takes, they just can't enjoy the board without the ship sinking in some form or manner.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he did that, his NBA career would be over. He already doesn't command a guaranteed vet minimum contract anymore, if he acted up, he'd be out and it's unlikely that anyone takes a chance on him again.

I don't think it's likely though, he likes being on the same team with Wall and he's still getting minutes and cashing checks. If anything, he's probably one of the happier players on the team right now. Guys like Tucker are pouting because they aren't worth long term extensions, meanwhile he's out there helping the team for a non-guaranteed contract.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The only thing I worry about Boogie exploding about is when he gets referreed unfairly and risks getting some Techs. Other than that he has become one of the best teammates in the league by all accounts.

18pbr, D-rock, Denovo and 18 others like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No, he's not.

I think what he is, is a guy whose NBA career is basically done. He can set a screen and pop out for a 3. He can make a pass from the top of the key if he's standing still. But he can't do anything else. That was a Caboclo-esque performance yesterday.

ilias and napalm06 like this.
  9. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Very possible. He's an emotional person to begin with, but only time will tell.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I can see them playing together..he still looks rusty but couod see up to 25 min a game

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

A bomb in the locker room when he’s on a vet min contract and is trying to revive his career?

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

With his injury history, maybe it was understood he wouldn’t be playing big minutes early in the season. The goal is to have him reach his peak for the playoffs. Or maybe not, I don’t know.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Contract year on an immensely cheap deal.

He would be if he was No 1 or No 2 which he is not.

No bragging rights.

I could see him negotiating for more minutes, don't know how Silas feels about this.

Someone of his caliber deserves to play 28 minutes.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Danuel House also said he wants to be the primary ball handler. Do we all think Danuel House is going to blow up because he's not dribbling enough? No. We expect him to blow other things.

And his comment doesn't necessarily means he expected to start. He could just be recognizing that he and Wood could play well together at any point in the game with the two big lineup of offensively skilled bigs.

Ben Debose wrote about his expected roll when he signed back in November. No way Cousins took a min deal thinking he'd become the starter. I'm confident that Silas and Stone wouldn't do that to Cousins -- wouldn't give the impression he was going to be starting.

Now I do think that if he goes most the season without any health concerns and is playing well, he could be put into the starting lineup if we need a shakeup. I fully expect those two to start against big lineups, like the Lakers. But I don't think Cousins signed here under false-pretenses.

D-rock, tc0330 and saleem like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP could seriously improve this thread by adding the words “there I said it”

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

No he knows his role and is thankful to be in the NBA playing with his best friend. He understands he coming back from a major injury.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’ve been the biggest critic of Cousins his entire career and when people say Harden doesn’t play the game
    right, I think of Cousins; but let me be one of the first to say he has been great and a model citizen since
    joining the Rockets.

Now slamming the ball into the ground, at a ref or punting it into the stands may be right around the corner; until
    then I can say that I am very pleased with Mr. Cousins.

18pbr, Patience and saleem like this.
  18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The Game will decide Boogies minutes. We will need the low post game at some point

19. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He can help us to beat Lakers by putting him vs Gasol and put woods to treat AD

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

will probably get an extra half star if adding : per sauce.

Os Trigonum likes this.