1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your stance on James now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 2, 2021.

?

What's your stance on James now?

1. Trade him ASAP for as much as possible

2. Let it play out as far as the deadline

3. Keep him - needs to retire a Rocket

4. Keep him until at least the end of the year

5. It depends on the Rockets record/ability to be a real threat

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

the poll. 40% retire a rocket. Wouldn’t have been there two weeks ago.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Look man... i couldn't really care less if some rando on some internet board agrees with me...
    but if yer too stupid to understand that continuing to try to placate this dude is a fool's errand - carry on...

[​IMG]

I'm sure by the time that you realize what a stupid endeavor it is the season will be wasted...

I come here to discuss opinions on how our team can improve - but like a little snowflake you want to get all offended and triggered and turn it into personal attacks... well go jerk it into your Blames beard and grow up... smdh...

Le$$ likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wait, so u came in here calling everyone pathetic and saying they are groveling, and then when your ass gets called out, u start crying and b*tching like you’re a victim. Gtfoh u clown

Tankeio likes this.
  4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You keep saying that he's publicly declared that he wants to be traded.

Can you point me to anywhere where Harden has said that he wants to be traded?

Everything I've seen is "sources" saying what they believe that Harden wants.

We've seen multiple, often conflicting, reports of what he wants. I don't believe that he's publicly said anything. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

5. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Keep him untill the we find a suitable trade offer.

6. raspar

raspar Member

Where's the trade this loser ass to the new Mexico City expansion team option?

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bench him until his ankle heals?

8. kjayp

I dont think the guy has really said anything publicly - but its there... he has no representation, his mother is speaking for him on twitter? He avoided the media and wouldn't answer questions... but his actions have spoken volumes imo...
    I think thats one of the most damning parts of this whole ordeal...
    I think fans that have cheered and supported him over the years deserve some sort of explanation... of course, I felt we deserved an explanation after the SAS meltdown - but that never happened...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

In other words, you agree that he's said nothing publicly.

So if you know that then why do you keep repeatedly saying that he publicly asked for a trade? You lose credibility by embellishing with things that you know are untrue.

10. kjayp

yer right - my bad. I reread my initial post and I should have said something more along the lines of 'I think its pathetic to grovel...' So while i didnt attack any particular person - the inference could be made... so i was out of line it that respect. I get heated on the topic - my bad.

11. Fefo

Fefo Member

Ill be happy to trade him for something as close as possible to equal value. Its very likely we will loose the trade, no matter what, but i never been a fan of a guy that plays by himself on a 5 man team sports and always comes short on the playoffs . I want to see more ball movement and less iso. That doesn't mean he is not an incredible talent, but im tired of Harden ball, especially if he doesn't even want to be here.
    At some point, we got to think if the culture we built here over the last 8 or 9 years has been good. We don't have any championship to show for, gave away lots of picks for a guy that James wanted and then he wanted gone in just 1 season, and we basically said yes to everything he wanted.
    I dont know if the right answer is trade him now or later on the season, but i hope he is gone.

12. kjayp

I'm admitting error on my part - so i may as well double down on that.. lol

Yer right, thinking about it he prob hasnt said it publicly - i was assuming in the ever expanding list of 'desired destinations' and through confirmation of his desire by stuff like "next question" that there had been some sort of public acknowledgment by him - but perhaps not...

again, I get heated on the topic - my bad.

Os Trigonum and aelliott like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When fatigue sets in and shots stop falling as regularly, and as losses mount and locker room bickering builds, we'll see what his body language looks like then. 3 early regular season games do not move the needle for me.

T for 3 and kjayp like this.
  14. likestohypeguy

Putting aside chances of winning a ring, whether or not these are the right pieces for now... to me, even if everything WAS perfect purely on the basketball front, I'd still have zero problems if a player just didn't want to play for a particular owner. I get that. Even more so than not wanting to play in a city (think we can safely say that's not the case here). I think if I were a player and thought I can't work for you, I'd do everything I can to get out too.

Ik as fans we want to say get over it. on the other hand, gm bailed, coach is gone, one star gone, if dominoes keep falling, he'd have to sell at some point right? Or couldn't, because he'd have bought relatively high, then selling low?

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

My stance still the same, just trade Harden while the trading's good. Rox wont win a ring this season, Harden will b**** around and we just wasted a year playing what if. Harden and Rox gave it their best for for the last decade or w/e, but its time to move on. Both for him and the franchise. I want the Rox to start rebuilding and preparing for the post Lebron era.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wrong thread

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how that's relevant, the Rockets were solid contenders and there wasn't any moves that would have given them a better chance of winning that weren't made. Wasting a lot more money would have done nothing but handicap the team going forward....and they proved to need that roster flexibility.

I hate to be that guy, but Harden has no one but himself for disappearing when his team needed him the most 2 years in a row where they legitimately could have won it all.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I could see how someone who wants to blame Harden would find it irrelevant that we didn’t pay the tax and it is factual that it is very difficult to win without paying the tax.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, you seem adamant that paying the tax would have made a difference.....is that going to make Harden make shots? Is that going to make some of those missed 3's go in from the whole team?

It's just a lazy argument because you aren't actually saying what should have been done with any specificity, just that they should have paid the tax. See how that's not really helpful?

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We let our MLE rot or used slivers of it to sign minimum level players instead of actually adding talent or contacts that could be further used in trades.

We made several tax saving moves at the expense of talent.

Talent that could have made it so we didn’t need Harden to be spectacular every game.

I broke it down before but our playoff success when Harden had a bad playoff game was essentially zero. The clippers game 6 being the lone true standout while other loaded rosters afforded their stars to be bad and still win from time to time

Zboy likes this.