1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your stance on James now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 2, 2021.

?

What's your stance on James now?

1. Trade him ASAP for as much as possible

2. Let it play out as far as the deadline

3. Keep him - needs to retire a Rocket

4. Keep him until at least the end of the year

5. It depends on the Rockets record/ability to be a real threat

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@kjayp TOF all orgasmic with Tmac's 27.7 points on 24 shots average 1st rounds

and act as if Harden got his mom pregnant with his 28.4 points on 20.4 shots multiple WCF appearances against a 2 superstar 3 all star GSW team

2. BelgianRocketsFan

I hope Harden stays and retires as a Rocket. With some well deserved rings. All we need this year is one more upgrade (A. Gordon!) to make this team a real contender... and a lot of time to jell. We don't want to f*** this up with a trade in which we lose the best player in the league.

What I don't understand is the following: some say trading Harden to the East makes that team almost instantly a finalist. How is that possible if "Harden is a choker in the playoffs"? That makes no sense.

xiki and saleem like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

[​IMG]

LOLOLOLOL. You got those Iverson aspirations! But but but but scoring titles! LOL!

You seem the type to get cheated on your girlfriend but still stay with her.

kjayp and J.R. like this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not a Tilman fan, but he has provided Harden with a multiple time all star pg and center, a coach who can coach, a gm who is not all about promoting himself, and a future all-star in Wood. Not sure what more he can ask for in a 3 month period of time!!!

Roxfan4lyfe and Bobbythegreat like this.
  5. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Taking the wait and see approach.

6. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Needs to stay, do whatever it takes.

7. dmoneybangbang

We have no choice but hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I truly don't understand the Wall acquisition unless the FO was truly blindsided. In hindsight, we should have told James we were going to punt on the 2020 season by trading WB for expiring contracts so we would have enough cap space to get good talent the next year. Maybe Harden wouldn't have been on board, but if we could have acquired Wood, kept Roco, and got +$35 million in expiring contracts then 2021 could have set up a new Harden era.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yeh... I always thought he was a narcissistic diva...

From Kloe - to cornerstones/roleplayers - to "those that mind dont matter..." - to forcing out McHale for benching him - to SAS quit job - to not getting along with any other star that got put next to him, etc...

but hey, as long as the guy was performing well for our team and not causing a commotion - i let it lie...

but now the dude has openly declared his desire to leave... not bc we dont wanna pay him what he's worth... but due to his own selfish narcissistic desires... Claims are he wants to 'win a championship'... but realistically, how many of the teams he has listed are going to offer a better roster AFTER giving up assets to acquire him?

#88 kjayp, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  9. kjayp

if you wanna make it personal...

all were seeing from you is somebody willing to get bent over repeatedly in the mistaken belief that a narcissistic diva gives 2 sh*ts about you or the organization that you proclaim to support...

smdh....

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Keep him. James can sign in two years for probably any team he wants. Signal which team he wants to go to so they can arrange their payroll to accept him. That is his best way to get a Ring which all the media and average fan gives a crap about.

11. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Rather keep him. Otherwise trade him for at least 2 Allstar lvl players or 1 mvp type player.

12. kjayp

I agree... which is why I dont understand people tripping all over themselves to validate somebody who has expressed his desire to leave...

Harden doesnt want to sign an extension and wants to leave at the end of his contract? Fine... certainly his prerogative... more power to him... thanks for the previous efforts and have a nice life...

Wants out - but willing to keep it on the down low so the team can work a deal without hurting their leverage... ok... not happy about it but hey thats the business...

Wants to drive down his value by going public with his demands, not showing up on time, partying in a pandemic, etc... screw him...

imo...

I'm a ROCKETS fan! I've supported this team since BEFORE HARDEN WAS BORN! If Harden wants to help propel this team to a championship - great! If he doesnt want to honor his CONTRACT and wants to hurt his value or the teams leverage to propel his own selfish desires - screw him!

#92 kjayp, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

My view hasn’t changed and the Rockets are handling this brilliantly. Harden is a generational talent and you don’t trade him just because he cries foul. For whatever reasons, the club had stagnated under the previous regime. Stone is pushing the right buttons, hasn’t flinched and has quietly gone about putting the most talent around James in his tenure as a rocket. That is how you let the play of the team speak for the rockets case to not only retain, but extend harden. In the meantime, you are demonstrating how to effectively not steal the spotlight and undermine chemistry as a GM by being “the media face of the team”

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

All of the above.

Miami: If we can get Herro, Duncan, Nunns, Aichuwa, 3 frp, 2 pick swaps, and maybe some seconds, you look at it.
    GSW: If we can get Wiseman, TW 2021 first, Warriors 2021, 2023, 2025 FRP + 2 pick swaps, and maybe some seconds, you look at it.
    Denver: If we can get MJP, Harris, Barton, 3 FRP + 2 pick swaps, and maybe some seconds, you look at it

But unless we get a huge amount back, you wait and see how things play out. I think this is a year where a lot of teams are on a clock to take that leap to separate from the pack (Clippers, Bucks, Heat, Sixers, Raptors, Nets, Nuggets, Mavericks, Blazers) and have heat if they don't get passed the second round and I do think things will heat up as we get closer to the deadline.

I would wait, and if we don't get a kings ransom, keep the bearded one until the offseason. One of the above will "under perform" and be pressured to make a bigger move.

I will add, some time you don't play your cards but play the person. If this is poker, we are in a position advantage as there's so many teams that are "in their window" and that window does not last long.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But but but Rico brought Wood.

16. WiltTheStilt13

James is always great in the regular season and will disappoint us in the playoffs :(

J.R. likes this.
  17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Best thing that could happen to this franchise is for Tillman’s broke ass to sell the team and take his kid with him.

I was super pissed at Harden but his play and actual movement off the ball has earned forgiveness. Would love to see what this roster can do

BigM likes this.
  18. kjayp

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Keep him and see how he feels near the deadline. I want James to say he's changed his mind and will stay the rest of the season. Even better, sign that extension. Perhaps we will have made a trade close to the deadline not involving him that improves the team. Either way, he just might like to stay.

If he still wants a change of scenery, see what offers are out there. I'm guessing that there will be some serious offers, but that none of them will come close to being good enough. Be honest with Harden and tell him that, and that we're going to play out the season with him, hopefully gel and make a run in the playoffs, where anything can happen. After the season is over, we'll revisit his situation. Seems reasonable to me.

20. gogispade

gogispade Member

Love it!

BigM, Rocket_ph and Deckard like this.