1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What's your stance on James now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 2, 2021.

?

What's your stance on James now?

1. Trade him ASAP for as much as possible

2. Let it play out as far as the deadline

3. Keep him - needs to retire a Rocket

4. Keep him until at least the end of the year

5. It depends on the Rockets record/ability to be a real threat

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Did his 8 years of getting paid bank and being coddled and placated earn the team any respect from him?

Or did he publicly demand a trade (bringing down his value), not show up for training camp as scheduled (hurting his value) and then proceed to party during a pandemic (further bringing down his value)....

The bi*ch has already said she's leaving... she's even given you a list of all yer friends she wants to screw instead of you - and adding more names to the list on an ongoing basis...

I just dont understand why people are willing to show loyalty to someone who obviously has no loyalty to them... smh...

2. macan

macan Member

trade him at the trade deadline. think we'll get a better package by then.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don’t understand why you’re so emotional about this. I don’t understand why you’re equating this to a real life relationship with a person you’re dating and have built a life with. That’s just me. I don’t get that at all.

Players leave teams all the time. Teams trade and cut players all the time against their will. Where is the loyalty? There was a whole thread about why we shouldn’t pay PJ Tucker because he’s too old. He hasn’t said he wants to leave. He’s given everything he has to give and wants the organization to show loyalty back. Oh, but now it’s a business decision right?

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

“I want to be with whoever wants me, no matter what,” Tucker said when asked if he wants to be traded.

“It’s not even just the contract extension. That’s not the total goal. The goal is to be in a place where you’re wanted, where you want to be, who wants you. That’s what every player wants. Nobody wants to be somewhere they don’t want him. There’s certain ways to show that. It’s not just contract extensions.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...J-Tucker-just-wants-to-be-wanted-15801221.php

I'm no psychologist but that doesn't sound promising. :confused:

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Again it’s not about only what works.......it’s about what the team wants. Or because it’s my post, what I want.
    And that’s not enough. That’s like going back to your Simmons Seth Curry trade. I’m a fan of Ben Simmons,
    but I think Seth Curry stinks in this trade. A very poor mans JJ Redick at the moment.

No deal. You cling to a small snippet of my post and won’t let go like a pit bull. It’s a complete posting as a whole
    that you entirely miss. Harden demanded trade.....Rockets kept him......Harden is making good comments about
    Silas, hugging Tate after game.......Harden in sink with Coach, players, scheme........Harden PER of 35.3 is his
    greatest by about 6 points........price tag is now through the roof. More than the actual $41M price tag.

If you have to ask......you can’t afford it !! Sucker !! Rockets/Harden are not going to mess up a good thing right now.
    They can be top 4 in the West. Too much of a chance when you factor in chemistry with Embiid, Tobias Harris.
    USG% between those 3 would be , well, complicated.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

ZERO evidence his value has dropped a single bit.

Opinions of him are EXACTLY the same as before his trade demand.

Whether it’s accurate or not it’s “MVP caliber player, who may force you to play a certain way, may indulge in partying but always shows up,,blah blah blah”

That view is still exactly the same. These GMs aren’t such entitled babies like some of our fan base. A little pouting changes nothing to them and they are all well aware of the special superstar treatment that almost every star wields.

Hold on until you get what you want or he starts actually hurting his value. Or he changes his mind.

Sounds like none of those things have happened. Let him continue to make our other guys look good. Wood and these rookies are loving life and their play is showing it playing off Harden.

And I will add that this whole thing to me has never about him not liking Houston, the fans or his teammates anymore. It’s Tillman. He knows better than any of us do how he is as an owner.

#66 jordnnnn, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    HP3 and lionaire like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

shut your ass up

show me on the doll where Harden hurt you

Sonicbun8 and vlaurelio like this.
  8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't even think it's that deep. He wants to win a ring and feels like he has a better chance doing that on a different team

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He has never been a fan of Harden in Houston. Belongs squarely in the chicken brothers and fchowd group.

Harden kept him pretty quiet with his MVP level performances the last 4-5 years but it never really changed his mind.

Reeko likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Depends on how the team is looking and if James can continue to integrate himself into more team play on offense.

So far so good.

Plowman likes this.
  11. Mattician

Mattician Member

I want him to play for the Rockets for the rest of his career.

Now I won't lie. I do wonder about the possibilities of just how much teams are willing to give up for him.

But I know the Rockets will never get back what he's worth.

12. Big B

Big B Member

Given current offers, I say play out this year. I don’t think offers change significantly after this year. In some cases it makes a trade easier. The Heat could do sign and trade with Duncan Robinson so we have to take less trash back.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It’s more Tillman.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

There’s no loyalty in pro sports. His trade request is a reaction to moves that were made and the knowledge that Fertitta is not a big spender

kjayp and vator like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup, which is why he has zero credibility

all we’re seeing is the crying of an emotional hater

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  16. Possum

Possum Member

Well I sure as hell ain’t giving him up for some of these dumbass trades that are being thrown around by the media.
    Atlanta Hawks Receive: James Harden, PJ Tucker, Ben McLemore, Jae’Sean Tate

Houston Rockets Receive: De’Andre Hunter, John Collins, Onyeka Okongwu, Kevin Huerter, Tony Snell, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2023 1st Round Pick

Lol sick of reading trash like this.

pgabriel likes this.
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

And it is only fair to point out that this goes both ways. Fans and teams only like to point this out when players are the ones choosing to leave via free agency or asking to be traded.

Isaiah Thomas played his ass off and his heart out for the Boston Celtics after the death of his sister and played through an injury that not only cost him a lot of money, but his career has never been the same. How was he rewarded for that? He was traded for Kyrie Irving. Too many examples across sports to name them all, but you get the point. Teams are always looking out for their own best interest and I don’t think it’s bad for players to do the same. Pro sports is a business. As a fan it sucks when you lose a star player, but it is what it is.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My stance hasn't changed one bit in the slightest. Keep him, retire a Rocket. Never once did I want to trade him. I never wanted to trade him for a second.

pgabriel and HP3 like this.
  19. Possum

Possum Member

Good riddance tucker just can’t bring it consistently anymore.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This.

But he is not winning a title in Houston as long as Tilman is the owner. He understands this which is why he wants out.

HP3 likes this.