1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your stance on James now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 2, 2021.

?

What's your stance on James now?

1. Trade him ASAP for as much as possible

2. Let it play out as far as the deadline

3. Keep him - needs to retire a Rocket

4. Keep him until at least the end of the year

5. It depends on the Rockets record/ability to be a real threat

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Already, a myriad of twists and turns, the James Harden trade saga has a life if it's own.
    "Playin with our emotions"

So, what camp are you in at this point, as to James future as a Rocket?

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Never want to see him in another uniform. He balls too hard.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

what it’s always been

Harden is an all-time great, the 2nd greatest player in franchise history, I want him to retire a Rocket and win a ring here, and any trade for him is a massive downgrade that will shift the Rockets towards irrelevancy

it could be decades before we get another player of this caliber

I understand why he wants out tho

4. Rockets4Life13

I miss the option of :
    100% keep him if he wants to stay, get as much as possible if he wants to leave

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Whatever happens, is what has to happen.

Highlyrated and rocketsmetalspd like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I believe JEHj is traded. To the East. Philly or Raps is my guess. 3rd or 4th team? Sure, why not.

If the question is do I want him traded then YES...provided...the return is solid and a half. Simmons or Pascal? Plus pix and better balancing of roster? Murray and Porter? Love it. Ainta gonna happen. Brown and Smart? Love it. Ainta gonna happen. Buddy Buckets and Barnes? Not enough draft pix to make it work. Randall and Knox, 17 mil TPE + 4 1s? Not enough unless third team fills in with a true stud.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same as it's always been, he's an amazing player and I think his best chance to win is here, but if he's too short sighted to see that, get a king's ransom for him on the way out.

sydmill and Plowman like this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Keep him until a great deal is available.

I do not think this team is a contender. I think we're still a team that has to be carried by Harden, and I think he knows that. So I do not believe that, for example, a narrow win over Sacramento (that only happened because Harden put the team on his back) has changed James' mind.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Same as it’s always been. He is the Houston Rockets. Without him the team is absolutely nothing. I don’t want to see him in another uniform but I understand why he wants out. His best shot at a title isn’t with The Rockets. Especially in the West.

darksoul35, HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If he doesn't sign an extension but continues to ball out, do we risk letting him walk in 2 yrs or trade him for lesser than equal value?

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wish he'd straighten up and quit clubbing, but he's worth far more than any team is willing to offer, and with him, we're a contender, as long as Wall and Boogie are healthy.

I say you keep him till the deadline, and if they're healthy, keep him all year. If Wall goes down, trade him for what you can get.

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see the Rockets go All-In before a Harden trade. Everybody wins. Rockets can upgrade with the newly acquired 1st Rounders from this off season and try to get James to stay. Harden gets a half season to see where he wants to go, he may not want to be in Philly if Embid gets hurt, or BKN if Durant or Kyrie go down. Much easier to gauge contenders 50 games in vs 3.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fact is if he keeps putting up amazing feats every night, people will be reminded of his value and want him.

I don't think the Rockets control the situation. If James wants out, he wants out. It's just a matter of finding the right package and when that happens. But it might be worth letting 15 - 20 games pass while you find that right package to see what happens....

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

My stance never changes. Keep him unless you get a insane deal that is hard to refuse.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Bench him and play bruno

Highlyrated and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

I have remained unchanged through all the rumors and fake reports; dont trade him until you absolutely have to. Or if the team is really bad and you're doing him a favor.

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We want James on our court, we need James on our court...

The truth is that NO package will give us a fair return on a generational talent like JH. H-Town is Harden Town and if we're going to chase a championship, we need JH leading the way.

If he decides to be a malcontent and stop producing (aka Butler) than Stone might have to reconsider, but until then let's play it out and stay away from the Code Red (trading Harden).

Sanctity, HP3 and Sonicbun8 like this.
  20. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

There's so much debate about how Harden ranks within the pantheon of historically great players, that we often forget that within a particular franchise, players like this come along once a generation.

I mean no disrespect to other Rocket greats when I say that Harden, Malone and Dream stand alone atop the Mount Olympus of Rocket players. Three multi-MVP first-ballot HOF players since the birth of the franchise in 1967. That's three in fifty three years. We honestly don't know how long it will be before before the next - fifteen years? Twenty?

Everybody hopes to be the gritty, disciplined Pistons in 2004 and defeat the presumed all-talent champions, but that almost never happens.

When he's gone, it will be the end of an era and we cannot know how long it will be before we're consistently in the playoffs, much less contending.

If you want the Rockets to win a 'ship, you want Harden to stay.