1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Cobra Kai (true Karate Kid sequel!)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 16, 2018.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. I was a little surprised that she wasn't shown as a teaser in this preview because they way they set it up at the end of season 2 you pretty much know she's going to make an appearance.

K mf G likes this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

Karate Kid fans are in for a treat. Yall know about that reunion? They got them all back and fyi: They will all be in the cobra kai show.

The Real Shady and K mf G like this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I guess I finally need to watch the first 2 seasons....

CometsWin and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The first season was silly fun -- I couldn't make it through the second season.

Surfguy likes this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Got an email from Netflix saying 10 episodes for Season 3 has dropped.

K mf G likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I personally enjoyed this season.

I loved them telling the backstory to Kreese. I love the set up for the 4th season. Fight scenes are always cheesy, but I turn off my brain and I end up enjoying them a lot.

K mf G, TMac'n, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This show still kicks ass. Starting off 2021 strong

K mf G and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

The 2nd half blows away seasons 1 and 2 easily. Stakes are so high going into season 4.

K mf G and mikol13 like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

"Eagles don't get sh*t on, they do the sh*ttin'"

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what?!?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Eagle Fang thing was too stupid but otherwise I enjoyed it. Binged my whole day through it. The Kreese backstory was really a good injection to the show.

TMac'n and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just finished binging the season. I really enjoyed it. Really liked how they tied some things together (won’t get into details) from the films. Season 4 sets up nicely.

K mf G and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

All I can say is damn Ali (Elisabeth Shue) is looking fine!

mikol13, Kim, ElPigto and 1 other person like this.
  14. Lil Pun

Wasn't it supposed to be?

15. Lil Pun

I liked this season.
    Does Robbie feel Anakin-like in his story arc to anybody else? I feel like him and Tory are too far gone to have a redemption arc. Like that we get to see Hawk have a redemption story and liked him and BDD team up. I like the Daniel-Johnny-Kreese fight at the end and I think it shows Johnny and Daniel will eventy have to team up for real. The Kreese backstory was interesting too. It looks like there is a lot to look forward to in S4 so hopefully it's not delayed. I felt like they overloaded the return of characters from the films though and could have saved some of them for later seasons. Wondering if we will see Terry, Mike, Jessica, and Julie from the last 2 films in later seasons. I hope they don't bring in anybody from the remake. Lol.

TMac'n likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah good points. Here's what I would love to see, You know how they always end the show with the kids getting into big fights, both in seasons 2 and 3? What if for the later seasons, they reverse that angle and have the adults get into the big fights in the last episodes? Hell, I would love to see Chozen and kumiko , Amanda, Miguel's mom and Ali, team up with Johnny and Daniel to fight Kreese, Silver and Barnes cause you know them 3 are gonna come hard.

TMac'n likes this.
  17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Overall enjoyed season 3 as everyone else. I do have to get over the cheese and I find it difficult in understanding how these characters dwell too much on / can't let go of the past. But I get it, they want to tie in the movie franchise into the series.

But I find that we are 3 seasonnd everyone still won't let go of the past and won't find ways to move forward. At the same time, that's what Karate Kid 2 and 3 were: guys (Laruso, Lawrence, Chozen, Soto, Kreese, Silver, Barnes) who won't let go of the past. Miyagi was always the only one who had a positive outlook and able to move forward

But maybe that'll be how the story will eventually end, everyone finding ways to move forward. Regardless I still enjoy the show

like everyone else i really enjoyed the Kreese story, and I hope they provide even more background on him. I'm really looking forward to the Terry Silver tie in next season. Maybe even a Matt Barnes tie in

Also, glad to see Chozen has gotten over things and was able to move forward. Kind of weird that he was the only one to do so since he was the one challenging Daniel to a death match in Part 2, whereas everyone else (Lawrence and Barnes) were just tournament fighters

#178 TMac'n, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    mikol13 likes this.
  18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I'm ready for season 4. The cheese is the charm, yall. Also, Amanda Larusso is a huge CB.

CometsWin and ElPigto like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The sexual tension in this show is KILLING ME.