1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden With A Real Point Gaurd Is The Point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Jan 1, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Chris Paul being a natural small forward was always an odd fit.

Downtown Sniper and durvasa like this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

CP3 is so overrated. Never been to the conference finals other than the first season with the rockets. He dribbles the air out the ball looking for a pass.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Everyone is a victim of Spurs/Lakers/Golden State in his time

5. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

As much as I love cp over Russ and Wall overall, Wall just might be the right balance of temperament, skillset, and athleticism (age) to fit alongside harden well. While Russ was extremely athletic, his decision-making/stubbornness to play his wall didn't mesh with harden's. While cp's decision-making and attention to detail were amazing, his age (not having yet started his new diet), and wariness coming off of multiple injuries put physical limitations on his ability to contribute when harden needed him to in 2018-2019.

Wall really is kind of a mesh between the two, combining some of the burst and downhill speed that westbrook gave us, while being more patient in his decision-making like cp. Doesn't hurt that his temperament is also very even-keeled like James'.

I was doubtful at first that Harden would want to stay and I'm not sure if he's still hell-bent on leaving, but if he does stay, our roster (and coaching) really does look much better than the last 2 years.

pgabriel likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Unfortunately Wall / Westbrook are basically the same mediocre player, and neither hold a candle to CP3.

The positive with Wall is he doesn't think he is the best player in the world like Westbrook does, and he isn't going to use as many possessions. The opportunity cost of a Wall / WB possessions is that Harden will not be using that possession, which is not ideal, as he might be the greatest offensive force the NBA has ever seen.

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Harden with a real center is the point.

Downtown Sniper and travfrancis like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Phoenix will be in the same boat as we were.. Great 1st year, then his act will get tiresome... I can see Booker saying " I know what to do" after next year...

9. BreakYoSelfFool

This video is awesome...could you put in Christian Wood for Slim Thugg?

34to11 likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How are Wall and Westbrook the same? Wall is a much better decision maker. I dont like criticizing Westbrook as a stat seeker. He plays very hard and is very engaged for entire games

That being said Westbrook gets assists because he is very talented, he obviously has court vision and passing ability but i would not say he is a floor general. Harden is arguably a better pg than but Paul is the better floor general. He does a better job of keeping teamates involved and sticking to the game plan. He doesn't have those infamous Harden fail moments of just completely disastrous games

That being said Wall is a floor general also. Yes he has unbelievable athletic ability like Westbrook but thats not why he racks up assists. He racks up assists running the offense. I dont want to completely degrade Westbrook's floor general skills because for the most part he runs the offense and like Harden, after Durant left he was team's best option. However his late game decision making is notorious and Wall has none of those issues.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If it keeps Harden fresh for the last 5 minutes of the game
    and not getting down double digit leads
    I think we take our chances

Rocket River

pgabriel likes this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Exactly. If a Wall run unit can keep us close when Harden sits or is off we are golden.

13. Asian Sensation

Another asinine comment to try and make Harden look better.

Career FG%, Assists and TO’s.

Chris Paul 47%, 9.5, 2.4
    James Harden 44%, 6.3, 3.7

14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Wall is actually a really great playoff player too. He gets much better and puts up Kevin Johnson/Magic Johnson numbers the past 2-3 years.

This team’s ceiling exists in the playoffs.

pgabriel likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wall isnt the shooter Paul was but his rim attacking is gonna do wonders for Harden, Gordon and the rest of the long rangers

16. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Greatest offensive force who burns out at the end of games and in the playoffs. He needs to rest so he can close games out