1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/31/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea that's what I want to know? I think Brown got more minutes because he can shoot?

pr0wler likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Undisputed : Harden is staying will be their lead segment

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Definitely a good sign that boogie ran off the bench to help him up

Roomba likes this.
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I like the Kings offense seems like lots of easy shots. Rockets had way too many silly TOs and the defense will get better when there is more cohesion.

Wall looked good about what I expected. A more in control WB with better shooting and defense too.

Cousins looked so slow. Limit his minutes like tonight and hopefully he will get better. The moves and shot are still there just lateral quickness on defense is really lacking.

Gordon, House, Tate and Wood looked very good.

CHAMPBOY, 18pbr and FatSeagal like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

a few ??? he shot 8 damn threes! WB never shot like that. his statline looks exactly like WB early last year. yet no threads about trading wall, only praise. wall IS WB. they have the same game he was 2-8 from 3, 5 TOs, and worst net rating on the team, yet its all praise CF but if it was WB its OMG what can we trade him for ?!!

7. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

That kings team is probably the fastest team in the nba and was living off the break all night. Hard to judge how well the get open looks when they hardly had to play half court for any reasonable streaches.

Nook likes this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Fat Harden continues to amaze.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because Wall took 2 3s in the 2nd half, 0 3s in clutch time despite being left open.

Nook likes this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

oh so all WB needed to do was shoot the bulk of his threes in the first half and im sure that wouldve made all the difference :rolleyes:

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude it's his first game back in 2 seasons. The biggest worry Rocket fans had about Wall was whether his speed and quickness was gone due to his achilles tear. That question I think has been answered. He definitely still has explosiveness. Now he just needs to get his timing back.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you should expect that outta him by now

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

It hurts your ego (as a Rockets fan) that James wanted/wants out of Houston but, my goodness, when I watch him I know it is unlikely we will be anything but in a deeper hole if he leaves. And, I can't help it...I LOVE watching him play..I just do. Give me Harden, Wood and 3 mannequins and I'll go to war. He makes watching fun !

Nook, jayydela, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Got to say that it was great to hear Bill call a road game. Cold blooded!

Nook and DeBeards like this.
  15. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Once we get WD 40 on all the moving parts this will be an offensive powerhouse. I see this game as a step forward with communication being what’s needed to tighten up defensively. Some of you guys are harsh as ####. What matters here is the engagement from Harden and the smile at the end. This is the start of something really good for us.

ashleyem and nacho bidness like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, it would have made a pretty big difference in close games, definitely.

The last thing you want in a close game with 5 minutes left is for a bad shooter to take bad shots.

Nook likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im just pointing out the hypocrisy... it didnt matter that WB was coming off surgery and missed training camp when came, it was still nothing but hate and being made a scapegoat

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

so we are pretending WB took a bunch of threes in crunch time ? he barely shot any threes period.

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yes to all ! But, I do love what Wall brings penetration and speedwise to the basket.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Westbrook definitely took 3s in clutch time. Wall didn't tonight. That helped.

DeBeards, ak99999 and realonemo like this.