1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Washington Wizard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 3, 2020.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

This makes sense, but for me it depends on if the reports are true. If he really forced his way out like Pippen because he wanted to do things his way and felt like he was scapegoated after the loss to the Lakers (he was awful) after we completely rebuilt the team to cater to his style of play, then I’m going to laugh at his failures. If it comes out later that this was not what REALLY happened I’ll leave him alone.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It'll be interesting to see who is the alpha if Harden goes to the Nets. I think LeBron and Durant are the only guys who may make Harden the second fiddle. He's not going to the Lakers. So, maybe the Nets.

BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, at least Harden is dominating his stans' hearts.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant is not going to make Harden the second fiddle.

Durant is a coward.

Harden is still going to command his space.

jacoby, Ramo$e and juanm34 like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Durant is a coward as a person no doubt. But he's not a coward when he plays on a basketball court. Harden actually has been accused of being a coward when the game is on the line.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He was a coward during the closing of the series against the Warriors when he played with the Thunder.

Durant is too much of a coward to set the tone for himself as an alpha with other stars on the team.

He couldn't do it with Westbrook, and instead decided to run to Warriors.

When on the Warriors, he just played second fiddle to Curry, no matter how much he dominated, and got bullied by Green.

He then decided to run to the Nets because he didn't feel appreciated enough and now is trying to recruit Harden.

There is no way Harden plays second fiddle to him especially when Harden will control the ball. Durant is not a creator, he is a finisher. Harden would still run the show. And Durant is not bold enough to take that mantle away from Harden.

This wont be the OKC Harden. This is the MVP Harden who has gone toe to toe with Durant in the playoffs.

Harden has no reason to play second fiddle to a journeyman and a bandwagoner.

7. riko

riko Member

Russ looked way better playing in Houston then what he has looked so far Washington .He might be getting his trip doubles but his offensive efficiency is terrible

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Harden is clearly better than Durant at this point.

I don’t think there would be any issues between KD and JH but Harden would be alpha.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The problem would be Kyrie who is a beta that thinks he's an alpha because of the rings Lebron gifted him.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

They got it right.

"He may average a triple double this year, but his play doesn't translate to wins"

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think Westbrook is unfortunately building a case to be "worst MVP of all time" or "least deserving MVP of all time."

You could argue it's (currently) Derrick Rose, but he at least has some explanation as to why he fell off a cliff.

If a Westbrook-led Wizards team with a top 10 scorer in the NBA in Beal can't even sniff the playoffs in the East, then there's a major problem.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sharp says he understands Russ left Houston because he didn't like Harden's actions off the court, I think it's because Russ didn't have the kind of pull in the organization he had in OKC.

s3ts, ElPigto and jim1961 like this.
  13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Ha Tomas Bryant's rebounds per 36 mins went from 10.4 to 6.8

MettaWorldPete, ashleyem and Jontro like this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If the question is which MVP had a worse career it’s clearly Rose. Injury is to blame for sure.

Westbrook, as bad as he’s been for the last 4 years, had a long stretch of his career where he was a largely positive impact. He looks to retire somewhere in the top 50ish all time in career win shares. Not the be all end all stat, but it points to a pretty long and productive career.

Rose won’t even crack the top 250-300 in win shares by the time he retires.

And I don’t think either deserved to get the MVP that they won.

jacoby likes this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Watching Steph these last two years. I kinda wonder if he's the worst MVP ever. Not to mention 2 time MVP or unanimous MVP.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

0-5 lmao. Trashhhhhhhhh

worst mvp in history by far

MettaWorldPete and Ramo$e like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cant believe Russ lost again. 0-5.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

4th straight triple double though. That's what matters.

19. Zackery

Zackery Member

I’m worried for Scott Brooks’ job. He is in the hot seat right now.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Glorious!