1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Need to watch this as well.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

I dvr'ed the Rockets game versus Portland and still not sure if I'll take a look at it. I don't want to get too invested in a team that's nowhere close to being complete with Harden being on his way out. We watched The Wire instead.

We're three episodes into season 4 now. Effing fantastic. Last few episodes of season three were some of the best television I've seen.

I will say that season two sticks out like a sore thumb, but in a good way... kinda in the same way that Super Mario Bros 2 and Nightmare on Elm Street 2 stick out, but are the underrated/unappreciated, red-haired stepchildren of their respective series. Season 2 with the docks give you a breather, somewhat anyway, from everything that you had to absorb from Season 1 because it was a lot.

So yeah... we're just a quarter of the way through season 4 with just Marlo on the streets, mayoral election heating up, and subpoenas being delivered. Glad that Bunny made it into this season despite Hamsterdam getting bulldozed. Fav character by far.

Good stuff.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Glad you are enjoying it, Season 3 is widely considered the best, I love season 2 because it gives you a different perspective and shows how anybody can get caught up, also ****ing Ziggy.

Give us an update once you complete, Season 5 is polarizing.

4. Buck Turgidson

You can't tell the story of urban decline in certain parts of the country without talking about the decline of the blue collar sector, that's why David Simon said he focused a season on it, and it was outstanding imo.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I would have liked to explore it even more but since there was such a backlash that they never really touched on it again.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Never understood the backlash at all.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Well it was a huge departure from season 1 and it was not as gangstery as season 1.

It was the same people who complained when nobody got wacked in several episodes of the Sopranos.

BamBam likes this.
  8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Started watching Alone on the history channel. Actually pretty good so far. Good bingable show

trickywhiteguy likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

New season of Letterkenny hasn't lost a step. Can confirm.

Allegedly.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

All I have to say about Season 2 is this: Amy Ryan.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just watched both seasons of Derry Girls again. Needed some laughs, and that show does it.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just finished Schitt's Creek and The Undoing. Schitt's is among my all time favorite shows. The Undoing is solid...not great but solid.

13. body slam

body slam Member

Stargate SG-1 on netflix. Good show to get my occasional syfy fix.

CometsWin likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Death to 2020
    Is kind of funny

Rocket River

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finally watched IT 2, very satisfying movie especially with it being almost 3 hrs.

The ending was not great but I give it a 8, well worth the time, creepiness was way up there and some great visuals.

Will be on the lookout for this director.

#775 jiggyfly, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Buck Turgidson and FrontRunner like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Last part of that book is very hard to film.

From what I just read he's potentially doing the Flash movie for DC (blech), a 2 movie remake of Attack on Titan (sounds like it could be cool) and a remake of The Howling (**** yes).

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I read the book and don't even remember the ending or them as adults really.

I do remember liking the book one of my favorites but I like most of Kings stuff.

Could never get into Dark Tower for some reason.

Don't see this guy as a great fit for Super hero stuff but his action stuff is pretty good so maybe?

The lady coming out of the room was some great stuff, that was freaky as hell.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Before we die. A swedish crime show thats hard to believe at 1st but has a good twist that makes things more palatable, still a little far fetched.

They did tie it up nicely and believable.

Really enjoying The Terror season 2 about halfway through and interested to see how it ends.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Gary and His Demons.

This is a very funny show, I have no reason why I find so hilarious but it was a favorite fing in 20/20.

They have all episodes on youtube but it's also running on SyFy.

20. Buck Turgidson

There's a very well-reviewed crazy looking Spanish limited series debuting on HBO Monday night called "30 Coins"