1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

no he wasn’t. I watched every single game he played here. He was still a very very good player because even slightly marginalized and older he’s an all time great. Prime kg is an mvp and all nba. Celtics kg was smarter, still a best on defense but not the app nba 1st time guy.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Prime Harden is All NBA and a top 3 MVP candidate. Which is what Harden currently is now. But I understand you disagree.

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

It is not a coincidence that a number of teams such as the Celtics, 76ers, Heat, Nets and Raptors -- teams that are in the "good not great" zone -- have at least made a courtesy call to the Rockets, sources said. Even the Bucks, sources said, at least had an internal conversation about it and ran it past Giannis Antetokounmpo before deciding not to get involved. They had to; with the current landscape, Harden's eventual destination is on the mind of everyone in this tightly packed race.

Of course, the West has similar stories. The Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers might see themselves at the top of the contender list, but there are teams around them that have been dancing on the Harden periphery. The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly are monitoring, and so are the Nuggets, who have interest in getting involved in a deal even if they don't end up with Harden, sources said. There could be more if the situation plays out a little.

Everything else is Windhorst filling his article quota and making sure we all know he keeps hating on the beard. It's funny to see them pull all kind of rhetorical tricks to say that he is both great and not that great but at the same time he may swing title odds.

people really have a problem with Harden.

Do WHAT? likes this.
  4. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Brown and MPJ together should be the starting point in any trade talks at this point.

5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

thats fine. We just agree to disagree, ultimately the only way find out is by letting it playout moving forward. I’ll buy ya a drink in 2024 if I’m wrong deal?

Deuce likes this.
  6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

You guys are gonna get a good return one way or the other but there no way you’re getting brown and mpj in a trade
    You guys are gonna get a good return one way or the other but getting both mpj and brown is never gonna happen

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is still in his prime

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If this is the starting point, then it's also the ending point.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Let's clarify your terminology. "Prime" refers to the years where a player sustains a high level of play. "Peak" refers to the best year(s) of a player's prime.

Garnett was absolutely still in his prime when he joined Boston.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

I was just wondering last night about something like this for the Nuggets. Makes sense. I’m glad it’s out there. Rockets need to expand the trade and move some assets around to get a couple of guys they really like.

saleem likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hmmm. Guess the Nuggets are fine with another season of going gangbusters in the reg and not coming close to winning the WCF.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm okay with this as long as Wood is not being traded.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

If you have MPJ, who would you reasonably give him up for? Try to be fair from Denver's perspective and stop with this foolishness.

Harden is worth Brown and MPJ, sure, but you can't cut Harden in half and send half of him to each team.

If Denver is a 3rd team facilitator, then it's probably not for moving their 3rd most prized asset.

xaos likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I came up with this trade.

Rockets get MPJ and Simmons.

Denver gets Thybulle, Maxey and 2 FRP (from Philly)

76ers get Harden and PJ.

I know Houston and Philly do it.

Does Denver bite?

https://tradenba.com/trades/THAnMcIYV

Cannot be completed until tomorrow.

havoc1 likes this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I don't think getting both is remotely possible, I do wonder what the Rockets can get back from a contender who would love to have Marcus Smart? Maybe include PJ Tucker in the deal or Gordon or House depending on what the team needs? Don't think the Nuggets need Smart/Tucker that badly to give up MPJ but I wonder what other teams looking to compete could give up some young talent for a playoff berth. Maybe the Magic? 76ers would likely be a good target with some of their young players that they could offer but still not sure Smart would fit on that team all that well although he likely fits in on any team. Maybe the Nets would give up Allen for Smart +?

Anyways, it appears Brown + Smart could be the best offer depending on what we could get for Smart. Does Smart have the same value as RoCo does? If so, that got us a valuable expiring and (2) 1st round picks so I would assume Smart has somewhat similar value due to his contract and defensive production but don't know enough about his progression. Would have to be to a team similar to the Blazers looking to compete right now. What about the Pacers?

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I think it depends on how Denver values MPJ. I've read/heard reports that they are looking to move him. They might value Smart, House, and picks over him. Or maybe Thybulle, Maxey, House, and picks. Harris could also be an option for them.

17. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

since you are in your own fantasy world why not just MPJ for Thybulle....c’mon man!!! Why not throw Murray in as well since teams want Thybulle so badly.

19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Guarantee you Ainge is asking for Harden, Tucker, and picks from our side for Jaylen Brown and Smart.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

A healthy Klay Thompson and Wiseman is actually the best trade package I can think of other than Murray/MPJ which won’t happen.

You would have an amazing backcourt improved depth and solid to great bigs in Cousins if resigned, Wood and Wiseman. And I agree punt this season by resting Wall and Cousins constantly and get a top pick in the draft. Need a SF maybe Jalen Johnson out of Duke after a quick look at prospects.

Other than keeping Harden I like this plan best.

roslolian likes this.