1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

If they could get along, harden and giannis would wreck the league.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bucks: Uh yeah. We’re just placing a courtesy call. We have some interest in Harden.”

Stone: *looks at assets Bucks have*. “You know, I think we could work out a deal that doesn’t have any picks or prospects in it, since you don’t have either. Is Giannis available?

Bucks to media: “Harden isn’t a fit for our culture”

D-rock likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If Denver is interested i wonder if you can get MPJ + Siakam in a 4 way trade?

Rockets Recieve : P. SIakam, Micheal Porter jr, T.Bryant , 3 FRP.
    Nuggets Recieve : Bradley Beal, Ish Smith
    Wizards Recieve : W. Barton, G.Harris, N.Powell, 2 FRP
    Raptors Recieve : James Harden.

18pbr likes this.
  4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Hot Sauce alert

HP3, DrNuegebauer, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  5. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Who is this person?

BamBam likes this.
  6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Trevion De'Rico

TriumVirate, Lurch, jiggyfly and 11 others like this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Simmons/MPJ would be ideal but there just isn’t likely a way to appease Denver.

8. Big B

Big B Member

That would be nice but think the Wiz get fleeced in that deal. Seems to me Miami is more likely with the Nuggets. Maybe:

Miami gets: Harden
    Denver gets: Precious, Robinson, Olynyk, 2 FRP from Miami
    Rockets: MPJ, Herro, Iggy, Barton

You’d need a few other pieces to make salaries work but that seems desirable to the Rockets. You get two young guys with upside under control for several years. You get two expiring contracts. That means you clear $35+ million after this year. That allows Tillman to save money or pursue a free agent or star salary dump from another team

Erbnwarfare and 18pbr like this.
  9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I agree with you 100% that the Bucks really don't have the pieces to execute a trade for James (they certainly don't have any players or picks that I would want other than Greek). But I think it's a little more deeper than that. Milwaukee has basically put all their chips in the middle of the table on Giannis. He is the back to back MVP, if the Bucks are not interested in Harden I'm more than positive a lot of the push back is coming from Antetokounmpo. If Giannis wanted to play with Harden I think Milwaukee would try to move Heaven and Earth to make that happen. I don't think every team is as high on James Harden as you might think...

10. riko

riko Member

Harden and Giannis would be terrible fit. Yannis can’t shoot whatsoever. It’ll be Westbrook all over again.Harden will be triple teamed again and Yannis will continue his brick laying game

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

By the way, I've said this before on Twitter, but for those asking why Denver might move MPJ without getting Harden, I think there are a couple potential reasons:

1.) They definitely need more perimeter defense, and they're very top-heavy with offense (Jokic, Murray).

2.) In the macro, if Porter continues to blossom, they could be looking at having to pay three $30M+ max salaries (near max, at least) between Jokic, Murray, and Porter. There's not a ton of precedent for a non-major market team doing that. Jokic will get a big raise in a couple years, too. And if MPJ doesn't blossom, or if he has further back issues or whatever, then they sold high.

That doesn't mean they'd trade him just to trade him. He's 22 and very good, they aren't crazy. But I do think if you could bring them into better offense-defense balance and ease some of their long-term cost concerns, that they'd consider it.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. riko

riko Member

At the minimum.

glynch, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s legit....looks like their patching up their differences. Harden is a perfect fit for Houston and loves it here. We as fans are the winners because we keep Harden and it puts Tilman on watch to ensure he doesn’t do a firesale at the trade deadline.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

if this is at all true then Stone/Tillman need to go all in and see if they can get AGordon. Not sure if we have enough value in Ego and picks but you’d have to demonstrate commitment. Even if you have to trade harden, it’s still a move to pair a young big with Wood.

ego + whatever picks we can spare for AG

BelgianRocketsFan, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I would be VERY happy with a return of OG Anunoby and MPJ, and would take minimal draft compensation if Toronto can make that happen. It would be complicated because of the poison pill, but it is possible.

I’m sure Toronto wants to pair Harden with Siakam, and I don’t think Houston would want him anyway. Toronto does own all of their future 1st round picks. Still not sure what could be packaged for Denver, but it’s worth exploring.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Twitter is too easy lol.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

His homeboy knows Harden’s homegirl who got the big promotion and the cook cooked the seated dinner. :D

Stormy1234 and Roc Paint like this.
  20. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I love these articles like "Rockets would probably want (team X's) 3rd and 4th best players in a trade." The price for a superstar should always be, you give up whatever it takes, and fill in the pieces afterwards with ring-chasing veterans. Duncan Robinson is a 26-year-old shooter, not a superstar-in-waiting.

Deckard, NIKEstrad, Vivi and 5 others like this.