1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

It was true to the story as the book told it.

But the book didn't tell it exactly correct.

Pitt and Hill were both great.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I really liked it...had that vintage Guy Ritchie feel from the Lock Stock/Snatch era. Rocknrolla was another good one that he did in the same genre that many never saw.

Haven't watched a new movie in ages as nothing is really coming out (been focusing on series instead), but the wife and I did watch the new Bill and Ted movie last weekend. I will give it a 7 for nostalgia-sake...it wasn't very good but it wasn't horrible and it brought me back to my adolescent years. Wasn't really worth the $3.99 but it had some moments...

arkoe likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Guy Ritchie movies are fun.

Except that one with Madonna.

Pole likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you love B movies like Sharknado like I do, this one is pretty good:

Christmas Twister - 8/10 (as a B movie.. don't get mad if you didn't read this inside the parenthesis)

It's on Peacock if you have that app/subscription.

5. Buck Turgidson

Along these lines I cannot recommend the Liam Neeson snowplow movie enough. It is awesome.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

I remember watching this when I was 19. My cousin's husband had a copy so I plugged it into my small tv and was blown away for the next 2 hours. I didn't think Welles performance in the Third Man could be beaten, but his role as a sympathetic but ultimately corrupt cop was unforgettable. Dread and foreboding permeates every frame of this film.

Deckard likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It has a name Buck Turgidson.. I just can't think of what it is right now. But that one may not be a B movie. I think they tried. And it is in their failure that I bask. 2/10 real movie 7/10 as a B movie. (it would be higher than that if it didn't take me a second to figure out it was a **** movie)

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I read somewhere that they are going to do a series on the air war over Europe. Called Masters of the Air and I think they are going to start filming in 2021.

Deckard, Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Midnight Sky (Netflix) - 7.5 out of 10. George Clooney, coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights, Felicity Jones. Decent movie where I don't want to give too much info which could be a spoiler. Some stretches drag a bit but interesting storyline and well acted.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I liked the movie but I get annoyed when apocalyptic things are intentionally vague.

12. body slam

body slam Member

Midnight Sky was just ok. Glad it was on Netflix and I did not spend money to see it at the theater.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Highlander II: the Renegade version -- I watched the sequel, quite awhile, ago. It was all over the place. I don't think the Renegade version fixes that. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautifully shot film and exciting, but it sort of alters the story of the Immortals (which they are just born Immortals with no relation to each other) and becomes more of a science fiction plot than fantasy. The "first death" theory kind of goes out of the window. It doesn't really explain how they are able to live, so long. I guess it's not super important in context. It's not a total train-wreck, but it's not a great film, either.

Bit (2019), there were some people who really didn't like the film, because of the themes of the film, as well as the lead. Though, it wasn't a bad vampire movie, I've seen much worse and dreadful. I liked the production values, and the main villainess was terrifying.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Promising young woman. 7/10. A black comedy with some great humor and story line.

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Finally watched Twilight (all 5) yesterday, it was much better then expected 7/10

16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Possessor - Thought provoking, but ultimately dull and disappointing. 6/10

17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

WW84.
    Wont watch again. There were funny parts but overall disappointing.

CometsWin likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Did the pubis around your vuhgeen sprout any faster afterwards?

CometsWin and ROCKSS like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There are 5 Twilights?:eek:

20. davo

davo Contributing Member

Palm Springs -7.5/10. Stars Andy Samberg and is basically a play on Groundhog Day. Really enjoyed it and good for a a few laughs. Its on Amazon Prime TV in Australia but I think it is Hulu in the USA.