1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston we have a problem!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Dec 30, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Danuel House sucks at basketball right now

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

The 11-15 guys are NOT the problem.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just as a PSA, and as a diversion in the same ol' same ol' Rockets "debates", those weren't the actual words :
    From the Apollo 13 flight journal :D :

055:55:19 Swigert: Okay, Houston...
    055:55:19 Lovell: ...Houston...
    055:55:20 Swigert: ...we've had a problem here. [Pause.]
    055:55:26 Fenner (GUIDO): FLIGHT, GUIDANCE.
    055:55:27 Kranz (FLIGHT): Go GUIDANCE.
    055:55:28 Lousma: This is Houston. Say again, please.

[Although the CapCom is asking for a confirmation of the alarming radio call, in Mission Control in Houston, the flight controllers monitoring the ship have already noticed what they think are erratic readings from the ship's remote telemetry and have begun to troubleshoot the possible issues.]

The telemetry displays in Mission Control are produced by the computers in the Real Time Computer Complex - or RTCC - on the ground floor of the Mission Control building. The TV displays are updated once a second, although many values in the systems are recorded several times per second.
    055:55:28 Fenner (GUIDO): We've had a Hardware Restart. I don't know what it was.
    055:55:30 Kranz (FLIGHT): Okay. GNC, you want to take a look at it? See if you see any problems?
    055:55:35 Lovell: [Garble.] Ah, Houston, we've had a problem. We've had a Main B Bus Undervolt.

[The legendary line delivered by Lovell is "Houston, we've had a problem" and not the familiar "Houston, we have a problem" made especially popular by the Tom Hanks movie. The writers of the movie have admitted that they had to use the line expected by the viewers, instead of the historically accurate one, for the sake of drama. This of course has perpetuated the line in the popular consciousness, putting it into the top three of misquoted movies alongside "Play it again, Sam" and "Beam me up, Scotty!" Overall, "Houston, we have a problem" surely counts among the most famous spaceflight-related quotes alongside "A small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind" and "That's no moon, that's a space station!"]

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I hope Tilman Jr. will see this thread and then to offer you a Landry's free taco coupon for your great analysis.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

only 2 games and haven't had a full team in yet

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Happy New Year’s eve eve everyone!

7. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Bring back Jeff Bzdelik

D-rock likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Clutch please ban OP -- one week no soup.

Invisible Fan and hakeem94 like this.
  9. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

Honestly just two tough matchups for christian wood. There's very few centers with that bulk and skill left in the nba. Distorted everything for players trying to learn a hybrid switch defense Boogie just keeping them from deep post would change everything on defense and the boards.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is so obvious isn't it?

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What do you expect when you start a 36 year old PF who still thinks he’s 25 and wants to get paid like it??

hakeem94, fattz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

At least you are finally admitting it. /s

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Lack of communication. Players in the first tier of defense depend on 2nd and 3rd tier to be their eyes.

I don’t proclaim to know what defense is being run on each possession.

What I can say is there are a lot of players being caught out of position.....stuck in cement. Typical of players
    learning a new defense. Players like Tucker have been in a Bzdelik defense; but trusting your teammate
    to understand where to be and the timing of when to release off of the opponent can look bad if off slightly.

No place for giving a teammate the silent treatment.....everyone has to communicate and be vocal: if it is a switch
    then yell, “SWITCH.” If it man to man, yell “screen right” or “screen left.”

I’m seeing often the PnR being switched with both Rocket defenders closing in on the ball handler before the screen
    setter even sets the screen. Both defenders being out of position as both lose the inside track......getting sealed off
    by the big center, without a rim protector patrolling near the rim.

Those easy points along with loose rotations are allowing the other team to have the advantage on their court.
    I predicted the team would require about a month to get the new offense and defense mastered. Often seems
    to be the case. I figured the Rockets would be 10-8 (W-L) to start the season......so 10-6 from this point on basically
    as the team cleans up its act at both ends. Covid didn’t help matters.

I mentioned the Rockets would start slow but finish around 7 seed to 3 seed.........I might adjust that to 5th seed
    to 3rd seed. I still think the Rockets are better than Blazers, Jazz and Nuggets overall.

kjayp, fattz, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unlike you, I don't put on airs.

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What airs? I’m always one way...pessimistic and anti Harden. It was a joke buddy lighten up.

hakeem94, Chasing_Chase and D-rock like this.
  16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I mean, I think we would have won the Portland game if he showed up, but I still think Denver was a schedule loss given the player availability.

2 games is a tiny sample size, I was super impressed by House in the playoffs with his redemption tour. Until, well, Erm... bah!

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

But what's Aaron Gordon's wingspan?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We do not have a problem.

Silas and the team have.

This quote is pop culture and hence overused.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Drock I like you but that phrase should trigger an auto-ban or suspension or something. It's like dad joke x 20.
    Decades and decades of lazy journalists using the same damn phrase the one or two times a year they bother writing about Houston. Supreme ultra ugghhhhhhh

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Title should be change to How Sweet it is... far more iconic in my opinion! o_O

Go Rockets!!!