1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monbear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Dec 25, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

What do you mean? Westbrook came out directly and said it's not because he doenst want to play with James Harden that he's leaving. He directly refuted that. We do have evidence for the Covid stuff as well, no matter how people want to try and deny it.

And I really dont understand why people say he's out of shape. That one picture makes everybody believe it to be so?

Yea James is culpable in all this. But does anyone want to explain to me how the amount of people that have left this organization in one season is possible?
    Or maybe she just didnt respond to Tim?

Batman Jones and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Harden didn’t show up out of shape. Even @Clutch on Twitter commented on it.

Harden showed up late because being defiant and threatening to not show up is the only leverage he had to try to force the Rockets to trade him.

Westbrook took shots at the Rockets organization, the owner of the team and how the Rockets handled COVID. He also didn’t like the way Harden or MDA did things. Westbrook didn’t want to play off ball and he wanted to have sayover how things were done so the Rockets gladly moved him.

The facts are that the GM, assistant GM, HC, and all star were glad to get out of town. No surprise Harden wanted out.

If you want to criticize Harden for being passive aggressive and coming in two days after he said he would, feel free... just remember the Rockets brought his trade request public and anyone paying attention has to admit it makes sense why Harden would want out.

3. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Burner, alt account, whatever you like. But you are right. It’s either her or some close to the family (her) choosing to thread Harden’s mother’s first name into their handle, which would be strange but possible. Whatever the case it’s a little bit ridiculous and highly amusing.

sabesque likes this.
  4. sabesque

sabesque Member

I will shout this forever (even tho no one will listen or believe me). The rockets probably wouldn’t have brought MDA back and would be well justified in not doing so. MDA didn’t come back because the writing was all over the wall.

what evidence do you have that someone currently with the rockets leaked the trade request? Seems like that would be self defeating.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol you here for westbrick???

You want him back that bad??

6. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

IT DON'T Matter we are still in a Pandemic, and we all knows how he loves the clubs and the strip clubs..

HP3 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

MDA left because of ownership and the Bush league way ownership handled his lame duck year.

How do I know the Rockets released Harden’s trade demand? It has been recently reported that the Rockets released the information and Harden wasn’t happy about it.

At the end of the day he day the GM, Assistant GM, Head Coach and both Hall of Fame players all wanted out over ownership.
    That is the REAL story.

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

Ownership didn’t extend him because they weren’t sure he could be a championship coach and in his last year of his contract he did even worse in the playoffs. And it turns out the locker room was a straight mess with multiple players unhappy with their role and the system while coach was unflappable in his “it will all work itself out” philosophy.

MDA is benefiting from moving first so he gets to control the narrative, but he wouldn’t have been back either way.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Why isn’t MDA a head coach?
    And teams have been after our front office people for years hinkie, rosas, and now McNair.

And the only one was morey and I think the writing was on the wall for him since the whole “tweet” thing...the rockets just didn’t want to look bad for firing him after that. Prolly at the direction of the NBA.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So it doesnt matter he wasnt in a stripclub but youll just say he was and it makes it so?

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Did I say that? It would be weird if I said that, since I don't want him back. But maybe you have the quote somewhere.

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My bad if I'm wrong about his conditioning. I watched the Portland game, and to me he looked pretty out of shape.

But if he thinks the organization leaked his trade request and he's pissed about that, he should just issue a statement that he keeps his business discussions private and that he expects others to honor the same rule. And then he should show up, on time, for the job for which he's being paid.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm not here to defend the organization. I see lots of evidence that the #1 problem is the owner. I just don't like Harden's camp (whoever this account holder is) trying to brush away his part in it. He's not handling the situation professionally, and he doesn't seem to be taking any responsibility for his part in the indulgent culture that developed here.

DVauthrin, Batman Jones and HP3 like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

He scored 44 points with 17 rebounds and played 43 minutes against Portland.... ask yourself, did he really look out of shape to you?

As for Harden showing up for work, he loses leverage if he doesn’t show any form or protest. Having said that, Harden came to camp two days later than he said he would and since then has practiced and played and said all the right things.

mikol13, Batman Jones and Will like this.
  15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Honestly, he did look out of shape to me. In sync, nailing 3's, and still crafty, but slow on his feet. I felt like I was watching a preview of 34-year-old Harden. Which, on the bright side, means 34-year-old Harden could still be putting up 40 points in heavy minutes.

Anyway, on your latter point, I agree. I'm annoyed at the Monbear spin job but glad Harden is doing and saying the right things now, and I hope he keeps it up. I expect him to be traded because that's what he wants, and I hope he plays well enough to attract an offer the Rockets can reasonably accept.

Batman Jones likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

happier with Rockets?

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

o_O What does it mean? Presumably if a trade were going down tonight, it would be straight up “happy”, no?

DreamShook likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

probably nothing. Maybe I shouldn't have even posted it..

Patience likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Haha. It’s ok, I noticed the tweet too. My first thought was “trade.” But then, why would he not be happy?

HP3 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's hard to say because evidently Harden can ball out with additional weight and it wouldn't be a problem.

Now that he is getting older, injuries are going to happen, even to a durable guy.

The body and Father time always catch up with you. (Left out the Undefeated part)

Will likes this.