1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Disney+) Soul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaBeard, Dec 29, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Came out a couple days ago jus watched it the other night probably one of my favorite Disney/Pixar movies of all time!

rockbox, mikol13 and BigM like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Much better than Wonder Woman as far as things I watched during Christmas.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched it last night and walked away very impressed. I loved the visual and story but seriously the themes seemed better suited for the parents than small kids. The visuals will keep the kids entertained but I think a lot of it would go over most kids heads.

I thought it was a solid A-

DaDakota and daywalker02 like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Loved it. Watched it with my boys who are now 11 and 8. I used it as a teaching tool and they really understand.

I so appreciate getting the opportunity to share and communicate with them. They get IT and it makes me very happy. They truly care about people, life and living their best lives already.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More moving than 'Up'?

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Good not great. Not one of the pixar elites imo (Wall-E, Up, Coco, Inside Out).

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I would put it under Up and Coco......

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I watched this while playing w/ a device. 2nd half picked up enough for me to want to watch it again and pay more attention.

Didn't feel like an og pixar movie until the ugly talking cat came in.

They took a big risk on this one, much like inside out.

Even with half the attention, I'll likely remember this more than a sequel

That investigator nabbing the wrong black guy was funny for all the wrong reasons...

GRENDEL likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Liked it, did not love it.

Much more targeted at adults than kids. Pixar's wheelhouse should be kids :shrug:

GRENDEL and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Cool movie. Thought the music was great, the visuals were pretty legit. Some of the scenery looks realistic in a sense.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I definitely appreciate the story and it's message, and the animation was excellent. Pixar somehow always seems to raise the bar every film. Overall I thought it was good, but not great, and that's probably more of a subjective opinion than any flaw inherent in the movie. The litmus test for me when it comes to whether a Pixar film is truly outstanding or not, is did the final act move you to tears? Did it go for that gut punch? There are exceptions, like Incredibles, because that's just not the type of movie it was. And Up's most memorable emotional scene was the beginning. When it comes to Soul, it didn't quite get there. I didn't care as much for these characters, nor did I feel connected to them, as I have with other Pixar characters. And to be honest, Joe Gardner wasn't all that likeable until the end.

For me Soul probably ranks somewhere in the middle, which isn't a bad thing cause even bad Pixar is still pretty good.

#11 JunkyardDwg, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Disney now owns Pixar and Disney Animation Studios. You can tell that they are trying to differentiate the two and allow more creativity and risk on the Pixar side over the last few years.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes, it is favorite pixar movie of all time.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Beautiful animation, lovable characters, great and simple but meaningful storyline that's fun for kids and adults.

mikol13 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'I have messed with this team for decades.'

Personally liked Moana.

GRENDEL likes this.
  16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I had no expectations about this going in other than it’s Pixar which I typically love and I thought it was a good watch. While I enjoyed it, I don’t think it has a lot of rewatchability.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I literally LOLd and scared my kids at that! Glad I wasn’t drinking anything.

daywalker02 likes this.