1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

It's incredible that people take scheming and systems for granted. Scheming and timing. Where was Tannehill at age 30 before finding a system that worked around his worst attributes and brought out his best ones.

Imagine Bill O'Brien in KC, let's not even put Mahomes in there yet. It's 2016 and B.O.B is the Chiefs head coach. "All right mother f'ers! Seeing some film and you all mother f'ers suck! Here is my gameplan O. Brady has won countless super bowls. It works.
    I'm thinking that Kelce is one of the best TEs but what we're going to do is use the TEs only when my week to week calls for him ! Got it? Hill, why you looking at me like that? I'm trading you m'fer! "

people should Look at KC youtube vids featuring Alex Smith from 2013-2017. Alex can barely get the ball but the receivers are always running with defenders 4 yards behind them, confusing the dbs or because the route accidentally made the defenders bump into each other.

dookiester likes this.
  2. csj

csj Member

Of course, but all things can viewed on merit alone. We all fail to do that, all least from time to time.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Without staring win loss record give me a reason you drew this conclusion.

4. raining threes

Staring?

One makes great decisions in big games and when his team is down 24-0 in the 1st qtr he rallies the troops. The other sits there and mopes as 51-7 happens.

That's the biggest but not the only reason.

5. raining threes

Nope, you just happened to say I thought a bunch of white QB's were better than Watson and many weren't in any way better than Watson. If you're going to say I said something the least I can ask is you get what I said correct.

6. raining threes

Sad thing is if Watson becomes what we all hope he becomes in a couple of years he will be taking up too much cap space to put a Lombardi winner around him.

7. showa13

showa13 Member

Other people have brought up race with you, I haven’t. Yes I am black, no I don’t care about what the race of a QB or any athlete is. And you said you’d rather have them than Deshaun, my apologies for the semantic error.

The whole point is your continued crusade of ‘Deshaun isn’t elite, he’s average’ or ‘he’s not a leader’ while facts, stats, logic, reasoning, the eye test, advanced stats, and expert opinions disagree with you completely, and you find a way to bring it up at every turn.

raining threes likes this.
  8. raining threes

Thanks for the reply,

We can agree to disagree on where Watson is in his career today and I hope he becomes Rodgers/Brady/Mahomes/Wilson type successful.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude you’re going to pay for a franchise QB. Sorry. Watson isn’t the problem anyway. Ownership has its head up its ass. You can build a team with a franchise QB getting paid. GB, Seattle etc have proved it. You just can’t have a preacher running football operations.

The Texans front office are amongst the biggest laughingstocks in the NFL. Mahomes to Montana couldn’t win a Super Bowl for the Texans with the way current ownership operates and the current talent level on this team. If you can’t acknowledge that then you’re either willingly ignorant or a TROLL. And I don’t think you’re ignorant.

#2709 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    3Rings likes this.
  10. raining threes

I couldn't agree more about ownership.

Look at which QB's have won championships and their cap hits.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Mahomes out Sunday so DW4 should win the passing yards title. One of the few positives on the season .

rfrocket likes this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You must have forgot when Watson was down 16-0 the week prior to a talented Bills squad and rallied his troops to an OT victory

13. raining threes

I didn't forget .

I also didn't forget 51-7

14. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

He will need 283 yards to pass Mahomes. 313 would pass Schaubby for all-time Texans record.
    But Josh Allen & Matt Ryan are both about 140yds behind Watson so they could explode with a 400yd+ game too.

Zach Cunningham has a 7 tackle lead for tackles record.

And low and behold Watt is leading the league in sacks!:cool:

Fulgore likes this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is Allen playing Sunday ?

16. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

They're tied with Pitt. at 12-3 so the #2 seed is still up for grabs.
    Both teams play at noon so I would think he would be playing.

17. conquistador#11

I need 552 yards from Deshaun this week with 5 tds, 4 of them going to Cooks and 200 of those yards also going to Cooks. No pressure.
    So why did they reschedule the game? I thought the nfl wanted everyone playing at the same time on the last week so that there wouldn't be any NYJets vs Colts 2009 shenanigans.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Didn't know Watson played Defense or made the call to fake punt or not go for it on 4th and1.

3Rings and houston19519 like this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats the whole year.

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Steelers apparently don't care since Rudolph is starting.