1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/28/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2020.

1. onreego

onreego Member

Definitely. And I'm totally aware I'm reacting to an undermanned team at the moment. Any rotational changes via trade probably won't happen for a bit.

Hopefully, when the rest of the team is back House settles in a bit better if he's asked to do less.

I pretty much expect that anyone available to sign right now comes with deficiencies. I think my thinking with Ilyasova was that you can add some length while having a shooter but as mentioned he's not much of a defender. Bolden might be a better pick up. We've just got some good wing defenders in Tate and Nwaba that aren't really confident 3pt shooters at the moment. We'll see how the defense gets tweaked with everyone back.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't see C Wood outrebounding bigs with size and bulk. I could see him struggle a bit to box out Nurkic the other night. He needs to bulk up, but that will come in time.

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Will it?

4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yeah, not a fan of Silas so far. Sure, most of the players are low-IQ garbage, but there's very little offense being generated out there outside of Harden and the occasional Wood ISO yet again...

s3ts likes this.
  5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Why the hell have the Rockets not contacted Dewayne Dedmon yet? He'd be perfect...

D-rock likes this.
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I like to make assumptions too, but I know Rockets fans do this a lot.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I know everyone here usually comes up with reasons that the Rockets will be great and all, but it's going to have to start with Harden. I just don't think he'll ever win a championship with his terrible tendencies on offense. It looked bad last night, and rewatching the highlights this morning, it looks just as bad. Basically, if he doesn't have the ball in his hands, he's almost at half court (and usually not visible), which basically forces House or some other mediocre playmaker to create something for 3 other guys. It's bad...

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

We weren't going to win that game no matter what he was doing. Him staying away gives the other players space to work. I think it was more important for Coach Silas to see who can truly help in the regular rotation. This team has barely had any practice and hasn't played a single game with the full rotation and yet people are quick to render final judgment.

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

We want to move away from MDAs system but its good enough to beat our current system already.
    Kinda fair. But we gotta give the guy a shot after he understands how to fit the team together. Right now its almost like tryouts, especially with the shorthanded team. All these new guys on the team and we still don't know how they can fit, and what won't work.

There's a ton of potential but we definitely will eliminate some of that and mend the plays better as the season progresses.

Also, following up MDA is not an easy task. MDA and Morey have changed the NBA irreversibly, and the other teams are better than this offensive system currently because they followed MDAs style. Ironically, Harden's ability to run that offense is largely how we've even kept any kind of pace in the stretch.

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

lol this is an amazing excuse. It's like you haven't watched Harden in the past (including in a playoff series against the Lakers just a few months ago).

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

My only concern with Wood “bulking up” is that it may reduce his quickness and make him more injury prone. Thinking of the foot issues Yao and Capela had when they got bigger.

12. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Wood is very skinny right now. Gaining 10-20 pounds to get up to a Giannis type weight should be fine for him. He’ll still weigh substantially less than many centers, but he’ll be able to bang a bit better.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Looking at Wood makes it seem like he'd need to gain a lot more than 10-20 lbs to get to Giannis' weight. :D

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that frame is so razor thin i just don't see it happening, and if it does it would just drag him down and/or increase likelihood of injury. i prefer playing him at the 4 instead and starting cousins. if not cousins, then getting another big to play the 5 spot.

catarax05 likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

That’s not how it works. It’s more to do with strengthening you’re hips with and core without bulking up. That’s usually done with deadlifts and squats in particular. The key is to do a lot of different exercises that concentrate on hip movements and strengthening up the core region. It will help him in a variety of ways including making him stronger and even more explosive.

The more squats you do the quicker you release the naturally installed human testosterone stored in your testicular region are released. Just the natural movement of squats is designed to strengthen of you’re hips.

That dose not require heavy bulking up .

#1395 riko, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

This match could help Silias to put who back to G league or cut them and sign back Gerald Green

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

In other news the Culture Wizards are 0-4. Harden should look at that and realize the grass isnt always greener. The things they trade for you will make the destination less desirable.

18pbr likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure they'd still run a lot of the MDA stuff with just more off ball movement by Nwaba, Tate and Co for the entire season.

19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Wall and Boogie rotating in is going to change all that.

20. YaoMingsSoulja

That's usually how it is with big men, unfortunately. Let's hope Wood is different, but the guy definitely needs more "sand in his pants."