1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/28/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets made an effort to come back, got it down to like 7, it feels like after the over and back call though (which actually was correct just really close) Denver just took off.

Harden tried to pull them close in the 2nd half but it just wasn't there. They looked tired all night to me.

Right. I think House will look better because if you have Boogie and Wall out there there is less reasons for House to ever play make along with Nwaba, Tate, Brown, we asked a lot of guys to create these past 2 games who just simply aren't good enough to do so.

EGO also isn't much of a creator but at least he can get a bucket. Good players make lesser players better because they lighten the load for them. All of a sudden House can just worry about defense and hitting open shots instead of anything else, same goes for Nwaba and Tate.

The only concern is how good can Wall and Cousins be? Can they make a Durant like return? (And if so, maybe we have to reevaluate the opinion that guys that tear ACLs are shadow's of themselves in 2021 and beyond) I see it with Boogie, if you look at his numbers after post injury they are still really good. He's a skilled up guy like Durant he didn't forget how to shoot around the rim or pass and he was always slow.

Wall is much more of a concern...at least he was until I saw him in pre-season. Even if he's lost a step it's likely faster than anyone in the NBA not named Westbrook or Fox.

2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No one can get past their man. No one is a lights out shooter to run real plays for. It's the 3rd and 4th string players. We will be better than this. These young guys need this experience, better to get it out of the way early.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Why would I want it that way man? Have you seen me in prior years, I shrug these losses off. Time is not on our side. We need to be making a good impression right now.

I get that. But....if you are talking about winning a chip, you just cant have showings like these. Some of these guys need to be better. Our defense, wether it was the starters or bench warmers looked bad. I hope we can fix these issues but there is a lot to clean up.

I hope so. I genuinely do. When has Cousins in his entire career been an interior defensive presence?

D-rock likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe we also need to figure out a simpler defensive scheme so he doesn't get lost most of the time. I feel like he's like 5 steps slower than anyone else on who to cover, when to contest, or even how to track a rebound.

DeBeards, Nook and D-rock like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wood is averaging 31 ppg on great shooting and people are crying about him? You've gotta be kidding me. talk about knee jerk. We went through Harden trade roomers, no training camp, barely a preseason new team, covid took our bench, and two starting players. We played a WCF team and a team that just beat the Lakers at full strength and you're crying really? Some of you people need commenting taken away during loses its putrid lol

Rocket River likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

None of those guys are going to fix the problems on defense.

DeBeards and CK Johnson like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

And still put up 34 in 2.5 quarters.

Crazy right?

#1327 D-rock, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood had 33 in Portland and 23 in Denver.

Even with new math, Wood is averaging 28 points in 2 games. Not 31 points.

No one is hating on Wood but no reason for hyperbole.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

How does Ilyasova and GG fix the defense?

10. onreego

onreego Member

They really don’t but they’d be more useful players than Bruno.

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

oh shut up
    Shut up nothing you said other than the fact that i got a number (off by 3 points) wrong has anything to do with the point of my post except for the lie that no one is hating on wood. why even respond with that nonsense. feeling guilty?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

The biggest problem is defense.

With a better defensive system, Bruno can actually contribute in this area.

GG and Ilyasova are never going to be plus defenders, in any system.

Rocket River and DeBeards like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Bruno cant contribute to anything and should be in the g league.

kevtse likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why would I be feeling guilty?

I have been an advocate for re-acquiring Wood for years.

DeBeards likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OK then don't respond to me with nonsense lol "no one's hating on wood" i just read the posts and i didnt reply to you so what was the point of you responding with a lie lol

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pointing out his weakness on defense is not hate you moron.

Is anyone saying he should not be a starter or he should be traded?

Only one making shet up is you.

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Look back at my post and see where I said specifically who I was talking about. You won't see it because youre just making up **** to reply to people just to argue LOL f'n Moron.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Go ahead and tell us again what Wood is averaging in points so far this season.

Calculating points averaged in just 2 games is elementary math.

Be careful of who you call a moron, throwing stones in glass houses ...

Let me know if that goes over your head, I'll try and type slower.

DeBeards likes this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I was told that some people in this group were crazy and like to argue over nothing but ive been here for 3 weeks and haven't encountered any till now. I'll just ignore your messages from now on.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL