1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YEARS I have wanted bigs that can shoot the 3....YEARS!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 18, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

It means its not his job to provide a scoring like that. His job is to set up others. And make sure the team's offense is running smoothly. Blake Griffin was more of a scorer in the Clippers. Its like blaming Nash for not scoring more than Amare. See that's the problem with your incredibly dumb argument. NO ONE IS MAKING THE ARGUMENT THAT LEBRON IS WORSE THAN CP3. You argument about money is stupid. Lebron is still more of a scorer than Cp3. You have demonstrated nothing you are just going on about money and thinking that means people are expecting more or less and not think about said player at all.

He did, check his numbers. Check his impact numbers oh my god.

Lebron was playing with Bosh and Wade. Okay Lebron is better than Cp3. That doesnt mean Cp3 is a chocker. He's not a career chocker again look at his numbers. The Clippers as a whole were disappointing but its not because Cp3 has not performed. There is a whole lot of wrong that went down with the Clippers....its a team game, understand that.

No you think money should mean one player should be better than another, that's not how it works. Also Lebron took a pay cut to play in Miami.

What? If you think that is the whole point of analytics, you have no idea what you are talking about. You really...just dont have a clue about basketball. No respectable analyst worth a damn would ever call Cp3 a career chocker. I cant believe i am even engaging in your nonsense.

2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That was when Shaq knew he could never ever be able to get a read on Hakeem nor be better than him.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  3. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

I met you probably 15 years ago, and don't know that I've ever seen you this excited.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry I agree with most points except trading Tucker. The man is dreaming if he wants 12 mill from any team. He needs to accept what we can pay him. He can still be a leader and voice in our locker room. I want him to be our Haslem. We are also crazy to think Cabocolo deserves the minutes over Tucker. Bruno should be playing garbage minutes until he earns the minutes.

saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Frank Kaminsky just became available. Big man, shoots 34.7% from three. Good passer.

elmotsang and hakeem94 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shitty defender though.

I'd rather use our new FRP and trade for more bigs that can attack closeouts and be a threat from 3.

And are junkyard dogs on defense.

Trade for OG Anunoby AND/OR Aaron Gordon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

8. txn

txn Member

Don’t get too excited so early. Wood and Boogie need to stay healthy. They have been injured quite a lot in the past.

saleem likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sturdy

D-rock likes this.
  10. NateNate

NateNate Member

Doubling down on this. @D-rock are ya watching buddy?

clutchdabear and MettaWorldPete like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm def watching.

Let's see what happens.

12. WestendMassive

Hahahahahah Bruuuunooooo
    Edit: wrong thread

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I've seen Bruno, D-Mo, and Frank Kaminsky mentions over the years... It's really baffling how some of y'all have the nerve to give insight on who will, not just help the Rockets, but be a valuable missing piece to a championship .... Sometimes this forum is laughable.

HP3 and NateNate like this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well he's a big that can shoot the 3. DD may like him.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Wood is great offensively but when he's playing the 5 on defense, it's basically an open driving lane for the other team outside the occasional block he gets.

16. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Beyond the absences, this team needs a couple more pieces to compete for important things. We are very far from the contending teams.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It all depends on health and Harden buying in....And players need to find their role, particularly the role players like Caboclo, House, PJ etc....

DD

rcketsfan1 likes this.
  18. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I haven't watched the games, but have read the recaps and box scores. Seems like Wood is a win, which is not surprising in the early part of the season. The new Kentucky guys haven't played yet, but I'm optimistic their desire to win and long term history may be a stabilizing anchor IF they can stay healthy. So, we might have two skilled '5' players in Wood and Cousins that can legit shoot efficiently from three . . .

Let's see if Harden can play with the team. At least so far, he's done a great job of letting the NBA know he is a very very valuable asset. So, props to him however that works out.

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People complain about Woods defense but Harden Tucker and House get blown by on defense or lose their man on cuts too often

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

vet minimum ok